Fun LHBF Form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Fun LHBF Form

Postby suckinlhbf on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Enjoyable. LHBF in Breakdance.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Re: Fun LHBF Form

Postby Drake on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:02 am

:D He's learning, eh? That's a lot of physical information to integrate, and he seems like a pretty new student. I give him a thumbs up for effort alone!!! :D :D :D
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby chinwoo1956 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:03 am

Hi know of him and met him some time ago, he says that he is a disciple of the late Master Lu Gui Yao, and has been training and teaching for some time.

It is not the way i have seen Master Lu Gui Yao demonstrate or any other practitioners of Liuhebafa?? would like a response from him ??. on why he does it in such a way, and the theory, methods, training and principles it gives him for his martial skills.
chinwoo1956
Mingjing

Postby zhenwu on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:48 am

i like it sometimes.. but also the flow.. and letting go =)
zhenwu
Santi

Postby suckinlhbf on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Six Harmonies Eight Methods Boxing
30 January, 2015
Written by Northern Dragons
Published in Li Ba Fa
Read 6523 times

-

Today there are many different Liu He Ba Fa chuan form styles. The main reason is that many of Grand master Wu Yi Hui's students had martial arts backgrounds and modified or changed the form to merge it with their own knowledge. These changes mean that most form taught are not true and correct and the differences can be seen when comparing the postures to the photos of Grand Master Wu's Liu He Ba Fa Chuan posture published in 1979.

Master Lu arranged for his top sutudent; Master Hui Kit Wah, to establish the International Liu He Ba Fa Chuan Lu Gui Yao Association to promote and preserve the origional Grand Master Wu Yi Hui internal Martial Art.

LiuHeBa Fa is a type of Tai Chi - Water Boxing is a translation of the style that best describes the up and down motion that is evident in the style (a method of undermining the attackers balance. Unlike many forms of Tai Chi, LiuHeBaFa is a very effective form of martial arts - simple in principle, powerful in application.

It teaches amonst many things, to use no muscle power in strikes and instead relies on other, stronger dynamics of the body to deliver power and speed. Strikes are typically delivered to the insides of the attacker; creating vibrations on the internal organs

It is from the web. It tells a little bit about "Hui Kit Wah" and their approach on training LHBF. "These changes mean that most form taught are not true and correct and the differences can be seen when comparing the postures to the photos of Grand Master Wu's Liu He Ba Fa Chuan posture published in 1979"
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby chinwoo1956 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:20 am

Great reply, vibrating internal organs and Liuhebafa is a form of Taijiquan amazing
chinwoo1956
Mingjing

Postby Yeung on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:11 am

Chen Yi ren 陈亦人, a student of Wu Yi Hui:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOwhw6BeUE
Yeung
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:52 am

Great reply, vibrating internal organs and Liuhebafa is a form of Taijiquan amazing

The information shows where this gentleman come from, and how they promote their branch. Those with deeper knowledge would have their own thinking and understanding other than what they said.

Creating vibration when strike? All styles can do that with proper training, not only LHBF. Some people train to vibrate their internal organs. The old gents trained to gently massage the internal organs and avoid vibrating vigorously. It makes more sense.

Is LHBF a form of Taijiquan. Most of the students of Wu Yi Hui did the form in LHBF way. And some of people do it in a Taiji way now. LHBF and Taiji are different.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:25 pm

in xylh and xingyi, there is a skill known as Lei Sheng, or Sound of Thunder
i have not seen it myself, but would love to witness it first hand.

normally, what i cannot do i do not automatically discount it to be untrue/impossible
to be brutally truthful to myself: i sit on my arse and face the computer for 8 hours
and practice when i have the time. the old guys... they practice 8 hours or more
every day
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:40 pm

suckinlhbf wrote:

Enjoyable. LHBF in Breakdance.

I think this is one of the best LHBF clips todays~
A lot of people go thru this form without such painstaking detail tunning and refinement~
In short he is trying to minimise his movement to deliver the most efficient gain~

In Chinese General Qi describe this as 拳打不知,aka I play play and you no know.

We often jump into conclusions, I often do and regret later, on the good things missed...
Cheers,
Overlord

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:40 pm

It's glad to see him teach lhbf. Just don't like the way they promote their lineage by down playing other lineages. If they want to back up their word by hand, I will jump into the line to try.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Suck,
I am assuming we are talking about his form on this thread.
And as far as I know or don't know, he does not bad mouth other lineage~in public anyway...
Overlord

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:43 pm

It's better not. Then, I take my words back.
Let's talk about his approach in learning and practising. They emphasis on the postures are close to WU. Opinion?
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:26 am

suckinlhbf wrote:It's better not. Then, I take my words back.
Let's talk about his approach in learning and practising. They emphasis on the postures are close to WU. Opinion?

Hey Suck~
No. Each style has its own DNA, so while the external can be deceiving, if the DNA is different, is different.
Because Master Hui is also Yiquan lineage, unless you do ZZ it is hard to appreciate his demo or more precisely his method of training~
So now we get back to the starting point, do you ZZ?
You just can't explain the sweetness of candy away...unless the person try it

Cheers
Overlord

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 am

do you ZZ?

I did spend some time with an old gent who trained under Wang XiangZhai together with Yao Chun Fan. One time I was fled away more than 10 feet from his slight touch on my chest when he was at the age of 90. I may have some understanding on Yiquan (I hope). I do Wei Tao Gong on a routine basis, but never think I have spent enough time on it.
if the DNA is different, is different

I heard things more or less the same as what Hui said in his clips decades ago, well before Lu Gui Yao started teaching in Fushan. Didn't say Hui is not good. He is a WIP as everybody does. Yes, 拳打不知, and his eyes and the intensity of Yi betray him. Old saying - Within No Yi is the real Yi. We learn from imitating our teachers for the DNA of the styles. However, theirs presentation are the blend of DNA of the style and the person. DNA of the style may be the same but DNA of the person is no way the same. The result of the blending is not the same too. LHBF is a study of the one's basic instinct.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links