TCMA Heavy sparring

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: TCMA Heavy sparring

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:19 am

cloudz wrote:I would rather talk to people with an opinion and experience of their own to share not a degree in cut and paste and posting you-tube clips.

+1
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Josealb on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:44 am

Regarding the OP, i think there is hope for some really nice xingyi in his body, big as he is. The problem is that he is trying to have the speed, snappiness and the burst of what xingyi would look like in an average, smaller person. If he would just give that up, and exchange it for loose, relaxed movement, focused on two main things, heaviness and crashing/trampling through the opponent, he would be a much better mover.

Regardless of the field of movement study, a person has to cater to his own body at some level, i think.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 am

People have been talking about the merits of alive training and sparring drills or otherwise for years Chris.

Heck we were even talking about it back when we used to post on MAP with Liokault.
I'm sure you remember those days.

I'm sure there's nothing there that you never heard "us" talking about for years...
I know you weren't so busy training, not to post on a few forums and make videos ;)

I think with this article/ interview it was "surprising" because of who it was coming from and that part was new when it hit and went round the forums.

Anyway, glad you get to see it and read it now.

Agreed mate. The reason i find the article interesting is that I have had discussion with people studying in ZZD line who refute the merits of sparring so found it interesting to read another perspective from that line.

In general i think this thread has run its course for me.

Thanks for all the contributions on both sides all. :D

Chris.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:39 am

marvin8 wrote:cloudz, I appreciate your posts and opinions, whether I agree with them or not. In the same respect, I have a right to bold :) and cut and paste, what I think is relevant to the topic. Everyone else has a right to their opinion, as well.

I already posted my apology to middleway about not watching the first video and re-reading the OP, before posting. I agreed with him and applauded the Xing Yi players for sparring non-compliantly, as it is not that common to see.

marvin8 wrote:Here are some excerpts from Zhao Daoxin’s interview (these are not necessarily my views) . . .

I have no agenda here. I appreciate any critique on the subject or interview, rather than just talk about me. That's why I reserved my opinion.
cloudz wrote:I personally think it's posted for little more than shit stirring by someone with little to no experience or opinion of his own, but whatever.

No, it is not. I have posted internal videos as well. Things that I find interesting. For example, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24377, Adam Mizner who claimed and appeared to be using internal body movements.

Your prior posts directed to me on, Huge Roundhouse Kick, thread, https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=420329&sid=639f21c75b6c74d7563d7bb05134e1e4:
cloudz wrote:That's why I find it odd that you chose to bold those parts of the name.
Why should I take your opinion as credible about that particular point ?

cloudz wrote:That's why it would be nice if you posted coherently what you are posting about.
clips are all well and good, but expecting people to know or guess what you are trying to get at like it's some kind of puzzle is poor form to me. . . .

It's so predictable and boring, what do you even get from it other than some sense of superiority?
Did someone appoint you to police everyone's martial arts practice?
Or to state the blindingly obvious repeatedly ad nauseum, ad infinatum. In case there's some poor fucker left out there that needs saving from themselves.

marvin8 wrote:To my understanding, "intention" is not exclusive to IMA. Not that anyone in particular is saying that. I realize IMA may use intention at a higher level, which I would be interested in hearing the difference in details.

cloudz wrote:You know it all already, obviously.

Internal training has nada at all to do with strategies and tactics or even techniques directly. You can talk about "intention" like that, but you can't even begin at the beginning with what it is and what it means for your own internal training. Training "you" first and developing "you" first in a specific way. You think it's about what now? Just listen to yourself.

marvin8 wrote:IMO, elite fighters share similar strategies, regardless of style. Internal and external training, techniques and body method may be different. However IMO, they share similar strategies and goals, when it comes to actual fighting.

cloudz wrote:You know it all already, obviously. . . .

Strategies and goals for a fight - yea ALL fighters can share and pick and choose. So why even begin to make it about internal/ external. Because you don't have a fucking clue yourself and you read a lot of other peoples opinions and narratives and just don't know what to believe.

marvin8 wrote:No. It’s the opposite.
Again, I wanted to let the viewer decide what they got out of the video. So, I did not comment on it. Only after you implied I was incoherent, did I comment. Then when I do reply, trying to be more polite to you, you imply I must have a superiority complex or policing.

cloudz wrote:"let the viewer decide"

Ah ok, like an advertising agency. . . .

cloudz wrote:By posting that interview on your thread Marvin has in turn made discussion of whatever is in that interview fair game.

It seems to me your trying to censor my posts. I will wait for the moderators to tell me my posts are inappropriate. In the meantime, I will continue to post what I feel is relevant to the subject.

The above has been a waste of board space and does not contribute to the topic. So for now on, if all you do is personally attack me, I will ignore it, in respect to the discussion board.

Marvin, shut up for a minute and let dead people talk for you. They make more fucking sense to me than you do....

Do you know why?
Because at least I know where that guy is coming from.
I know nothing about you or your experience.
I feel differently about many people here, because I have got to know them over the years.
I may find often that people differ from me in all sorts of ways, but if people are up front and themselves
sincere, honest and actually give a shit about the IMA/CMA they practice - for whatever reason.. I am more than capable of respecting that..

What they do, what they are about, where they are coming from.

So share something, because I have never been shy to share stuff about myself whether people ask or not.
I asked you once, and you clammed up like a bitch.
What's your problem ?

If you converse and talk like a human being, open and honest, rather than a bot with an agenda we can be best friends.

Man up and share your background with the board.
No one (really) gives a shit whatever it may be or not be.
It's about perspective and knowing who you are talking too.
It's not like I am asking you for clips or anything.
Make demands but don't like them made of you?

Yea, I get it.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:45 am

middleway wrote:
People have been talking about the merits of alive training and sparring drills or otherwise for years Chris.

Heck we were even talking about it back when we used to post on MAP with Liokault.
I'm sure you remember those days.

I'm sure there's nothing there that you never heard "us" talking about for years...
I know you weren't so busy training, not to post on a few forums and make videos ;)

I think with this article/ interview it was "surprising" because of who it was coming from and that part was new when it hit and went round the forums.

Anyway, glad you get to see it and read it now.

Agreed mate. The reason i find the article interesting is that I have had discussion with people studying in ZZD line who refute the merits of sparring so found it interesting to read another perspective from that line.

In general i think this thread has run its course for me.

Thanks for all the contributions on both sides all. :D

Chris.

Well Chris, I think we both know from personal experience the different perspectives people that train and love these styles have.

As always,
happy training.
with a smile, a secret one even.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links