2016 version LHBF

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: 2016 version LHBF

Postby suckinlhbf on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:47 am

You have more access to MLS's student's/organization than I do

I had visited their Head Quarter years ago, and chatted with an instructor. And soon a senior coach came to me. I told him their LHBF was not the same as I used to see, and they totally had no martial intent. He was being honest and said that theirs was a stretching exercise only intended for health, and they had strict rules that their place was for health and religion only. So sad that they name it LHBF. I would rather see John Li called it HueYu Taichi. MLS is pretty good but his followers have made it something else, and it is totally not LHBF. No wonder Chen asked Choi to deal with Li Chung years ago.
Paul Dillon was crappy, and looked like playing majong. His books on Five Word Song is taken as LHBF bible for some body. However, it is a translation word by word without really understand the meaning behind. He is not there yet and cannot realize the meaning behind the words. Too sad hard to find a LHBF teacher can understand, know, and teach the art. And now, the fake becomes the real deal.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Drake on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:24 am

True, true...... There are still a few "out there" that know what they're doing, but they're certainly *very* few, and far between. What's "assumed" is the "real thing" I can tell with one movement whether it's garbage, needs training, on the right track, or complete bull shit. Now there are *so* many people coming out to teach "the real LHBF" that make m want to puke. Thanks for letting me unload a little, N. Been keeping my opinion(s) to myself for the most part. ;)
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:19 pm

How do you guys feel lhpf's new " intangible cultural heritage " designation will affect its further development?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Drake on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:04 am

To be honest, C? What we're seeing is the death knell for many arts regardless of origin. The original purpose(s) are lost to technology, society, etc. No one want to have patience. The "Coca Cola Kulture" of immediacy, and martial arts films is rampant worldwide. That's not to say that the occasional "savant" won't crop up, but just not that often. "Two weeks to *MASTERHOOD!!!!!!*" is the catch phrase these days. <<shrug>>
Last edited by Drake on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:09 am

Drake wrote:To be honest, C? What we're seeing is the death knell for many arts regardless of origin. The original purpose(s) are lost to technology, society, etc. No one want to have patience. The "Coca Cola Kulture" of immediacy, and martial arts films is rampant worldwide. That's not to say that the occasional "savant" won't crop up, but just not that often. "Two weeks to *MASTERHOOD!!!!!!*" is the catch phrase these days. <<shrug>>

TEH Correct :-*
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:09 am

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 am

fencing masters say ppl need 2 lifetimes to master fencing
i think because the do not have zz :D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:13 am

The ball will keep on rolling but change.
Change in technology shifts training focus from combat to health. Training methods have been switched to largely muscle training. Body method somehow is not clear. These change the context of CMA. Take MLS’s creation as an example, IMO, they can change the stretching from partial to whole body with a better understanding of body method. It can improve the result they are looking for. For martial aspect, it is always the basic, basic, and basic. But it changes too. You can see how many people doing ZZ can sit properly.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:21 pm

It is an example on not sitting properly on ZZ.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Drake on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:41 am

suckinlhbf wrote:The ball will keep on rolling but change.
Change in technology shifts training focus from combat to health. Training methods have been switched to largely muscle training. Body method somehow is not clear. These change the context of CMA. Take MLS’s creation as an example, IMO, they can change the stretching from partial to whole body with a better understanding of body method. It can improve the result they are looking for. For martial aspect, it is always the basic, basic, and basic. But it changes too. You can see how many people doing ZZ can sit properly.

To an extent, yes, N. With advances in those areas life is much easier for many, but certainly not all.

A couple of decades ago a gent from Canada that I was acquainted with came down from Canada to visit me, and see what I was talking about with some of the concepts that we discussed about LHBF. He was a MLS guy. As I watched him I was amazed at how degraded his form was. I was shocked that he had *zero* body knowledge, or mechanics. Not even the most minimal understanding of footwork, positioning, etc..... I brought him to a training session at Choi sifu's school ((it was just an informal training session)) for him to see. He never went back to the MLS group, and was active in dissuading people from joining. He found himself a competent taiji instructor, and went with that. He was much happier. Plus he made friends here in Chicago :)

For some odd reason, N., your links/video's/photo's aren't showing up for me. Broken, or removed???
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Drake on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:42 am

Strange wrote:Image

ROFL!!!!!! NICE ONE, E.!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:32 am

The video doesn't show up on me too. Issues on site?
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Drake on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:25 am

Definitely issues with this site's ability to link properly. :/
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links