soft Roy

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: soft

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am

emptycloud wrote:

If you doubt the authenticity of this concept or demonstration, you haven't really studied or seen any actual taijiquan.
Last edited by origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:08 am

Last edited by emptycloud on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby Gus Mueller on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:26 am

Jesus fucking wept.
Gus Mueller

Postby greytowhite on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Gus Mueller wrote:Jesus fucking wept.

Why because someone who actually has the skill can demo it IRL and on video?
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Gus Mueller on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Really? This again? Okay, I'll do the dance. The guy on the right has really good bending over for no reason and giving up and looking really fake skills. The guy on the left is a fake and a charlatan.
Gus Mueller

Postby Interloper on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Gus Mueller wrote:Really? This again? Okay, I'll do the dance. The guy on the right has really good bending over for no reason and giving up and looking really fake skills. The guy on the left is a fake and a charlatan.

You say that with such conviction!
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Gus Mueller wrote:Really? This again? Okay, I'll do the dance. The guy on the right has really good bending over for no reason and giving up and looking really fake skills. The guy on the left is a fake and a charlatan.

Dan Harden and Roy Goldberg in Massachusetts Nov 11-13
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24762&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

you still have time,,,might be worth a visit.....its the only way to know,,just to be sure ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:13 pm

windwalker wrote:

you still have time,,,might be worth a visit.....its the only way to know,,just to be sure ;)

Definitely. If you think something is fake, then there is nothing to lose by walking up to the faker and calling him on it. They may even let you in to the seminar for free just to prove they're legit. :D
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Gus Mueller on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:39 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
windwalker wrote:

Definitely. If you think something is fake, then there is nothing to lose by walking up to the faker and calling him on it. [I did it to you and got a raft of shit from the moderators to the point where if YOU behave badly, I will be banned. There's always something to lose.] :D

He's not moving, and the guy jumps. That's fake and I don't need to see it in person.
Last edited by Gus Mueller on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gus Mueller

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Gus Mueller wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:Definitely. If you think something is fake, then there is nothing to lose by walking up to the faker and calling him on it. [I did it to you and got a raft of shit from the moderators to the point where if YOU behave badly, I will be banned. There's always something to lose.] :D

LOL, Not quite. You won't even tell me what state you're in, much less walk up to me. Keyboard bravado doesn't count.

He's not moving, and the guy jumps. That's fake and I don't need to see it in person.

But you'd win so much cred by debunking a grandmaster! Just think of the internet points you'd accrue.

Think about it.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Gus Mueller on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:42 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Gus Mueller wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:Definitely. If you think something is fake, then there is nothing to lose by walking up to the faker and calling him on it. [I did it to you and got a raft of shit from the moderators to the point where if YOU behave badly, I will be banned. There's always something to lose.] :D

LOL, Not quite. You won't even tell me what state you're in, much less walk up to me. Keyboard bravado doesn't count.

Re: Board warning issued
Sent at: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:26 am
by Gus Mueller
...Re: Board warning issued
Sent at: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:17 pm
by Gus Mueller

So, just so we're clear, my status depends on SOMEONE ELSE AVOIDING BAD BEHAVIOR ? ? ? ? ?

Re: Board warning issued
Sent at: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:28 pm
To: Gus Mueller

You both will be.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

But you'd win so much cred by debunking a grandmaster! Just think of the internet points you'd accrue.

Think about it.

Yeah, I've thought about it. I'm not quite sure what a grandmaster is. Did he go to Grandmaster School? Did he do the Grandmaster certification course at the local community college? It's an old man who's a fake and a charlatan and I can see that from his video which I guess puts him in the most positive possible light. But it doesn't make me want to travel to see him.

You're making six figures. Would you be willing to finance that trip? My terms are economy class, and $80 per diem, in perpetuity, with full indemnification.
Last edited by Gus Mueller on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gus Mueller

Postby Bodywork on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:52 am

1. The guy on the left? Is Roy Goldberg. He is one of my closest friends.
*What is he showing___________________________?
*How is it done______________________?
Do you think that he thinks..this is fighting? He doesn't. In actual fact, his jujutsu is flawless, his fighting skills are very developed. Here he is demonstrating an art form. It....is not fighting, nor meant to be. He makes a very clear distinction between preserving an art versus martial arts. In fact a seminar we are doing is to discuss the difference between the rather stilted and controlled practice environment (meant to train the body and connections) as expressed in traditional techniques, and how those same connections transfer to a live environment. A couple of thousand people (and maybe a hundred here) have seen and felt me use these same connections against very experienced fighters..and it doesn't look anything like that in use.

2. Now.....do you..know what you are talking about?
*What are those connections and body skills and how do they...not work____________________________?

3. Since you claim he is a fraud and charlatan:
*Under what terms is he fake______________________?
*Under what conditions is he a charlatan____________?
a. There are several men with videos here who -with ill intent- have forged their ranks and affiliation.
He, is one of a handful of the highest ranked men in the world in his art.
b. Others who claim to represent a tradition that they in fact, have no part in.
He is a Kyoju Dairi. What does that mean? It means that out of about 40,000 people who have practiced the art in the last hundred years? He is among about 50 or so to have been allowed to be an independent representative of his art.

last,
If you don't understand or like what he is doing? Fine. Calling someone a Fraud and charlatan speaks of intent and a mans character -not his art. You have no grounding on which to base those claims. However, if you would like to call him a fraud and a charlatan in person, You are welcome to meet us and express those views on a mat.
Last edited by Bodywork on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby origami_itto on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:52 am

Yes, Gus, I received the same warning. The way I got it was "If you two get into it again, you're both banned"

So let's both be polite and focus on principles and practice and there's nothing to worry about, right?

That wasn't what I was talking about, though, let me break it down for you with the irrelevant information removed.
oragami_itto wrote:Definitely. If you think something is fake, then there is nothing to lose by walking up to the faker and calling him on it.

Gus Mueller wrote:I did it to you

oragami_itto wrote:LOL, Not quite. You won't even tell me what state you're in, much less walk up to me. Keyboard bravado doesn't count.

So yes, we both received a warning, and no, you didn't walk up to me and call me a faker.

Gus Mueller wrote:I'm not quite sure what a grandmaster is. Did he go to Grandmaster School? Did he do the Grandmaster certification course at the local community college?

I'm sure you're being obtuse, but generally speaking, a grandmaster is the head of a system. Some people also call their teacher's teacher a grandmaster. In this case, Roy Goldberg Sensei is the highest ranking student of the head of the system, so his credentials qualify. It would be a rare privilege and valuable learning opportunity to cross hands with him, no matter what your background is.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 am

emptycloud

Re: soft Roy

Postby junglist on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:02 am

Everybody would be better off blocking Gus Mueller. Waste of time arguing with him.
junglist
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links