Luo Dexiu Demos from Nimes France

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Luo Dexiu Demos from Nimes France

Postby aamc on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:31 pm

aamc
Wuji

Re: Luo Dexiu Demos from Nimes France

Postby Rabbit on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:23 am

Thanks - I really enjoyed the sword form.

Luo is being wonderfully gentle and mellow. What is not captured is his intensity when he really gets going, complete with sound effects!
Rabbit
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:16 am

LOL! Gentle and Luo are not 2 words I hear together at the same time very often.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby phil b on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:19 am

Interesting to see Luo doing weapons and tai ji. Never seen him doing either of those before.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:03 pm

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby jim on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:41 am

Spent a little time with him this year and was very impressed. I'm not usually a seminar go-er, but this was well worth the investment. A wonderful fellow.
jim
Anjing

Postby Bao on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:51 am

phil b wrote:Interesting to see Luo doing weapons and tai ji. Never seen him doing either of those before.

I watched the Tai Chi vid shawn posted for a week ago or so. All I can say is that I like his Bagua very much. He has a very good, well developed bagua body. :)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:06 am

This is not aimed at you, Bao, but your statement brings it to my mind that I've heard these sort of complaints many times from taiji practitioners for whom taiji is their main and often only art they've ever practiced talking about a bagua practitioner who also practices taiji as though their performing taiji with their bagua shenfa is somehow perverting the taiji or less good or effective and I always find it to be....king of ignorant.

As long as the usage and tactics are effective I don't see how it would in anyway detract from the taiji movements to be performed that way. It's the same thing with hsing-i practitioners complaining about Su Dong Chen because he's taken his Shen Fa to such an advanced place that it doesn't look like much of the stuff out there.

People are funny that way.

Anyway, I find it amusing.

Best,

S.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:31 am

Luo has done many vids over the years, what is impressive and telling of his mastery is the fact that his continuing evolution shows. IMO a true master is perpetually learning, therein lies the art.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:16 pm

shawnsegler wrote:This is not aimed at you, Bao, but your statement brings it to my mind that I've heard these sort of complaints many times from taiji practitioners for whom taiji is their main and often only art they've ever practiced talking about a bagua practitioner who also practices taiji as though their performing taiji with their bagua shenfa is somehow perverting the taiji or less good or effective and I always find it to be....king of ignorant.

As long as the usage and tactics are effective I don't see how it would in anyway detract from the taiji movements to be performed that way. It's the same thing with hsing-i practitioners complaining about Su Dong Chen because he's taken his Shen Fa to such an advanced place that it doesn't look like much of the stuff out there.

No, I don't take it personal.
I respect and admire the works of Luo Dexiu and Su Dong Chen very much and I find them both to be very inspiring martial artists. 8-) For a performance like Luo puts on, I can see that he moves all of his body with great precision and awareness. He show a lot of skill and any kind of personal interpretation is fine for me. I just don't want to get into too much details, so I leave it here. But your comment would make a very interesting discussion.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Return to Video Links