Taiji light sparring

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiji light sparring

Postby bviru_xin on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:45 pm

bviru_xin
Anjing

Re: Taiji light sparring

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Nice
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:26 pm

nice ;) his use of the contact point directly, no chasing the hands or trying to get to the body...
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby choldstare on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:09 am

This is amazing! Seems like this type of sparring should be part of every serious Tai chi Chuan's curriculum. Wish there were more videos like this to learn from.
Intensity is controlled so you don't worry about head trauma and you can actually focus on defending and applying sticky/pushing hands against someone who's trying to strike you nearing full speed.

Also add kicks, throws and some ground game on a mat and you can actually develop and mature a complete tai chi fighting style. Wish I had people to do this type of training with.
Last edited by choldstare on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
choldstare
Santi

Postby RobP3 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 am

choldstare wrote:This is amazing! Seems like this type of sparring should be part of every serious Tai chi Chuan's curriculum. Wish there were more videos like this to learn from.
Intensity is controlled so you don't worry about head trauma and you can actually focus on defending and applying sticky/pushing hands against someone who's trying to strike you nearing full speed.

Also add kicks, throws and some ground game on a mat and you can actually develop and mature a complete tai chi fighting style. Wish I had people to do this type of training with.

Nice to see people mixing it up a bit

I'll be bringing out a book very shortly showing how you can develop sparring drills, from light / slow through to heavier work, plus some other ideas on structuring classes and training

Last edited by RobP3 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby nicklinjm on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:12 am

This is Ren Zhongxin, a teacher based in Tangshan (in Hebei province). Very very nice skills and one of the few taiji teachers I have seen who I think could probably handle himself in a fight. Definitely on a list of guys to visit if I ever get a week or two to travel round China.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Return to Video Links