Top 10 Martial Arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Top 10 Martial Arts

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:53 pm

I find his theories interesting.

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Top 10 Martial Arts

Postby willie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:58 pm

It's suspect as HELL!
:D
Honestly I'd just rank IMA 1-10 based on how diligently they're practiced but I might be prejudiced. Many are chosen but few are called to make them effective fighting arts or bother to check. That seems to be changing maybe?

Kung Fu in general I'm partial towards more for the whole life approach, avoiding conflict, etc.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Finny on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:42 pm

willie wrote:That video is suspect!
1. FULL MMA mixed with Ninjutsu is the deadliest. It incorporates everything that mma has with, biting, body handles, fish hooks, eye attacks
and a whole lot more. Plus it has all the weapons too.
2 MMA
3 BJJ
4 Muay Thai
5 k1
6 Western Boxing.
7 CMA external
8 Karate
9 CMA internal
10 the rest because I have not seen or trained them first hand so I don't know.
Could be krav mega, systema, aikdo or aiki-jujutsu, or any others replacing any number on that list.
Or any practitioner could have obtained a personal level which would change the position on that list, but in general
I feel that I'm pretty close. I have the internal arts low on the list because of the lower percentage of practitioners that can use it.
Oh and Judo should be somewhere up there as well, never trained it.

Hahaha.

willie, given the judgment you've passed on others on the basis of one tiny post.. if I were to treat you in like manner I would say; you have now lost any small amount of credibility you had..

Legitimate martial artists know that there is no such thing as 'ninjutsu'.

They also know that what is marketed as such.. is garbage in MA terms.

Truly, it is like someone claiming tae bo to be the greatest boxing system created.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
willie

Postby Finny on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Hehe - sure thing mate. If you've seen/trained it, it MUST be real right??

Funny you react the way you do, ask me why I feel I can talk like that. As I said, you've said the exact same thing to others here, based on a one or two line post. Must be ok for some...

And what exactly did I say that was foolish chief? Can you tell me anything about where this 'ninjutsu' you saw/trained in came from? As I said, in serious MA circles 'ninjutsu' is considered a joke.

Nothing at all is 'the matter' mate - I didn't say or do anything to try to make you afraid, did I? And threatening me online.. well, do I really even need to point out how juvenile and borderline retarded that is? You don't even know me - and I've seen plenty of footage of you.

Insult me all you like.. the only folks I know stupid enough to believe the whole 'ninja' thing were children, who later grew out of the whole ninja turtles phase and did some learning. But it seems that is anathema to you. Apparently unless you pay someone shitloads; then it must be good.

Anyways, as you were; please continue to educate the group.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby Finny on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Who exactly did I insult?

My views on 'ninjutsu' are the same views educated adult martial artists have - I've never made a secret of them, and will happily discuss it with anyone who's interested.

As I said, can you tell me anything other than "it's legit, trust me"?

What is called 'ninjutsu' falls into two distinct groups - both are NOT legitimate. One is typically called 'neo-ninjutsu' - and is basically just recent invention, commonly cobbled together american karate/judo/aikido mash-ups.

The other are called 'X-kan' arts, because the three organisations promoting them are the Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan. These all come from Takamatsu Toshitsugu, who invented his 'togakure ryu' ninjutsu in the 60s/70s, based on older jujutsu systems, and then claimed a 1000 year 'history'.

The x-kan groups are regarded as a bit of a joke in JMA circles, again, as I said. Some people really enjoy them though. They clearly like dressing up in black and playing ninja. Incidentally, the author of the bugei ryuha daijiten, who was a personal friend of Takamatsu, described what Takamatsu did as exactly that - 'ninja gokko' ('playing ninja') - the BRD is regarded as the bible of JMA, fwiw. Hatsumi, Takamatsu's successor, tried to have his arts admitted to the Nihon Kobudo Shinkokai and Nihon Kobudo Kyokai, the two organisations for the promotion of traditional JMA.. and was rejected, because his art is a modern invention with a falsified history.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:55 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I find his theories interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vGlKuYio8

all the definitions for "martial" pertain to war
all the clips shown pertain to sport,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8XBnlzmaE

seems different, one is about winning not losing,,,one is to kill not be killed.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Finny on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Uh. It's not a 'story' willie - what I've written are documented. You can purchase an old copy of the BRD and find the entry on 'ninja-gokko'. People who were there can and have confirmed Hatsumi's attempts to join the NKK/NKS.

So yes - I just got through saying 'I'll happily discuss it with anyone'.

No, these arts are NOT taught in or to the US 'military'. Care to offer more details on that? Perhaps one branch, or particular CO likes your old shihan. Says NOTHING about the art. No, the US military does not check anything to do, with 'ninjutsu'. They have more important things to do with their time.

Would have to be the third or fourth tantrum I've seen you throw here, saying you're leaving. Maybe if you had come here with a less arrogant, preachy tone you might have been better received..
Finny
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 pm

windwalker wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:I find his theories interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vGlKuYio8

all the definitions for "martial" pertain to war
all the clips shown pertain to sport,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8XBnlzmaE

seems different, one is about winning not losing,,,one is to kill not be killed.

hey I said interesting, not good. :D

When it comes to an effective martial art, the only real measure is how well it keeps you alive, when you get down to it.

Barring a full on wartime situation you're much more likely to slip and fall to your death or injury than you are to be randomly assaulted. So the best thing you can do is work on stable footing.

Then you consider the smallest enemies, diseases. Wide open meridians and healthy qi circulation help your body defeat them with ease.

Heart disease, stress, arthritis, etc, cruel and merciless enemies crushing us beneath their bootheels.

Taijiquan can be trained effectively by anyone of any initial fitness level and receive life-saving benefits. Even casual training by someone with any fighting sense whatsoever can improve their ability to deal with a random attack or other intense situation. There's some that think the conditioning kicks in instinctively keeping the practitioner completely out of the OODA loop, against a completely untrained opponent there's a good chance even basic taiji can help tip the balance.

We'd have to agree on a set of objectively measurable criteria, though, and there isn't enough data on ma players who are victims of random violence to draw a meaningful conclusion.

Training to expect violence makes it even more effective, so, honestly, I'm sticking with taijiquan as 1-10 depending on how well it's trained. :D
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Finny on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 pm

willie wrote:
Dude, leave it alone, you don't know what your talking about.
my tantrum? no just bullshit and insults from people like you.
My old Shihan was combat advisor and cornered for Maurice smith in the UFC.
Yes he is a BJJ black belt and I believe 7th degree ninjutsu black belt, at least a 7th degree in k1, black belt in small circle jiu jitsu as well.
Are You sure?
have a nice day, lol!

I do know what I'm talking about. I've been doing it on this thread. Your response is "my old shihan cornered maurice smith and is a bjj black belt.

What exactly does that have to do with anything?

Oh and FYI, K-1 is an organisation, not a martial art.
Finny
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links