Top 10 Martial Arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Top 10 Martial Arts

Postby Finny on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:17 am

Cheers Willie, I appreciate that - you're right, I'm not trying to be argumentative.

I understand, the people you have encountered who have trained in 'ninjutsu' were tough, skilled fighters. I believe there are MANY of those in the 'ninja' arts. But that wasn't what we were talking about - we're discussing the system that is taught as 'ninjutsu', which I know a little bit about, from an historical perspective.

willie wrote:

if you look at the
bigger picture, then there is more progress to be made by learning from each other instead of arguing all the time.

Absolutely.

willie wrote:

and no you don't have to bow out finny, your liked here, i'm not...you win

I think you've missed the point again - this forum is not a popularity contest, and I DON'T think I'm necessarily 'liked' here.. but I have been here for 15 years or so, and know some of the regulars.

By way of comparison - I think I was a member here for around a year and a half, two years before I wrote a single post. I spent years reading what everyone else had to say. This helps avoid things like calling John Wang Laoshi "Johnny Boy", or other unintended faux pas. You may notice I still don't contribute on CIMA related threads, other than by way of asking questions - I don't have much experience with CIMA.

I do though have some small amount of experience with traditional JMA - which is why I comment occasionally on JMA related threads or issues.. usually repeating what I've learned from other, far more experienced people.

I hope you can alter your posting style to stay more on topic, and resort to ad hominem less. I have no doubt that you could contribute some great info.
Finny
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links