Private Lesson — Chen Zhonghua

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Private Lesson — Chen Zhonghua

Postby Finny on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:05 am

willie wrote:Dude, mind your business.
i was just with a friend of mine from MMA who happens to like ninjutsu and then i have to hear your b.s.
Ask yourself a question dude. Why would an MMA guy with a black belt in kenpo, "ED PARKER" 6th degree black belt in kickboxing, "Joe Lewis"
black belt BJJ, involved with pancrase. 4th degree black in ninjutsu. hope to one day open a ninjutsu school?

Maybe he knows something that you don''t?
What did you think that the whole world has to heed to your point of view?
I just seen the guy, used to train with him.

If you go back and read your post, you are the one not only embarrassing yourself, but also insulting me.

lol. Touche.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 am

Finny wrote:
lol. Touche.

Finny, Think what you like.
I was really trying not to hit you with an ignored because i liked some of your views, but you forced me. you're ignored.
Bye
willie

Postby Finny on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:22 am

But what will I do now??
Finny
Great Old One

Postby xxxxx on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Willie. Chill. Take some time off from RSF. If you don't want to do so voluntarily, we can help you, And a smart-ass parting remark will indicate that you've chosen to be banned. Thank you.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby willie on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:22 am

xxxxx wrote:Willie. Chill. Take some time off from RSF. Thank you.

O.k. Your right. See you next year.
willie

Postby Overlord on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:29 pm

C.J.W. wrote:My assessment of CZH's Taiji is that he has added elements from Yang and Wu styles to it. If you look at the Chen style practical method taught by other senior students of Hong Junshen, there are marked differences between what they do and what CZH teaches. Also, CZH is good at what he does and able to apply his materials in stand-up grappling (under PH rules.)

However, it would be interesting to see how he handles realistic punches and kicks using the principles and movements that he uses in grappling.

Yes, Chen learnt many martial arts over the years and not very open about it.
The way I felt is he borrowed a number of essence of other martial arts from other school and package it as Chen Taiji.
His sanshou application in fact is very different from what Chen Taiji offerer with combination of even Chuojiao.
Interestingly, his robotic style of Taiji will need years to learn then unlearn to fully understand his views, decades perhaps.
Overlord

Postby GrahamB on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:16 pm

Does anybody know specifically what martial arts CZH learned before he did Chen?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:43 pm

GrahamB wrote:Does anybody know specifically what martial arts CZH learned before he did Chen?

Nothing more specifically than what's on the Wikipedia, sorry.... :P

Chen was born in 1961 in Wulian County(五莲), Shandong Province (山东省), China. Frail since childhood,[1] he began studying martial arts at age 9, to improve his health. He trained with various local martial arts masters, practicing traditional styles such as Tongbeiquan (通背拳 - 四通捶), Baji Quan (八极拳) and Chāquán (查拳) .[1][5]

In 1979, Chen was admitted to the Department of Foreign Languages, Shandong University (山东大学) in Jinan (济南). He continued his martial arts training studying with Han Boyan (韩伯言, 1907 – 1996), who trained with noted Xingyiquan master Shang Yunxiang (尚霁亭). It was in Jinan that Chen heard rumors of a group of martial artists training near Black Tiger Spring (黑虎泉). After several visits, he discovered that they were training in Chen Style Taijiquan and that the teacher was Hong Junsheng (洪均生, 1907-1996).
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links