Private Lesson — Chen Zhonghua

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Private Lesson — Chen Zhonghua

Postby willie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Bao wrote:
What does he lack? Or is it just the usual trollish bs?

This is why i love the net, key board cowards.
You aren't on a level to even come close to understanding so why should i even bother explaining anything to you
Last edited by willie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
willie

Postby origami_itto on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 pm

willie wrote:
Bao wrote:
What does he lack? Or is it just the usual trollish bs?

This is why i love the net, key board cowards.
Your a phony.

*you're
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:17 pm

willie wrote:You aren't on a level to even come close to understanding so why should i even bother explaining anything to you when you will not except accept it anyways? LOL!
Dude i can tell by your writings that you need to be completely re-trained, scrapping all that crap your master showed you.
So i hope your you're not teaching, because they will need to be completely re-trained as well. sorry, but true

You take Private lessons so you know.... ::)

;D
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
*you're

Whatever!
I'm sick of him starting shit, name calling and then when he doesn't get the responce that feed's his ego, he complains to the mod's.
Cherry needs pamprin or something.
willie

Postby Gus Mueller on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:29 pm

willie wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:
*you're

Whatever!
I'm sick of him starting shit, name calling and then when he doesn't get the responce that feed's his ego, he complains to the mod's.
Cherry needs pamprin or something.

response
feeds
mods
Pamprin
Gus Mueller

Postby Bao on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:33 pm

willie wrote:I'm sick of him starting shit, name calling and then when he doesn't get the responce that feed's his ego, he complains to the mod's..

Well... You are the one insulting anyone that doesn't roll their dantian the way your teacher showed you. ::)

And I have never called the mods. They watch you closely and see how much you are trolling and how bad you behave. I bet that the you can find the ban right around the next corner. :P

Frankly, I would hope not and that you are allowed to stay. I like your spirit and believe that you're not a bad guy. But I can't see how they could let you. It's not like you understand that you constantly behave badly and that you show that you are willing to change. So how could they let you keep on doing your "thing"?

Anyway, I hope that your practice will always bring happiness to your life and that you try to stay off the -joint-
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:29 am

Bao wrote:
willie wrote:I'm sick of him starting shit, name calling and then when he doesn't get the responce that feed's his ego, he complains to the mod's..

Well... You are the one insulting anyone that doesn't roll their dantian the way your teacher showed you. ::)

And I have never called the mods. They watch you closely and see how much you are trolling and how bad you behave. I bet that the you can find the ban right around the next corner. :P

Frankly, I would hope not and that you are allowed to stay. I like your spirit and believe that you're not a bad guy. But I can't see how they could let you. It's not like you understand that you constantly behave badly and that you show that you are willing to change. So how could they let you keep on doing your "thing"?

Anyway, I hope that your practice will always bring happiness to your life and that you try to stay off the -joint-

First off Bao, he taught me a lot more then that.

Second, i wasn't insulted when i met my teacher, he had a superior transmission. I had to dump a lot of "Not all" of the best stuff from Yang that i had seen.
i just excepted the fact that it was better becuase it came from the highest levels,which i had told Charles and he used the word "laughable" .
Still laughing Charles? LOL!

Third. There is no reason for the Mod's to watch me closely, i respond rudely to rude remarks, period. Plus that, if the mod's would like to come right over
my house and train, no problem!

Forth, i told you, i found it! and that is not a bad thing, people like you made it a bad thing...

One more. Charles said "meshing of gears", did you ever here him say that term before? because i wrote that here when pressed for secrets and later
removed it...Then he brought it up.
willie

Postby Finny on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:03 am

willie wrote:
There is no reason for the Mod's to watch me closely, i respond rudely to rude remarks, period.

First comment from you on this thread.. unprovoked, not responding to anything:

willie wrote:
windy, that class is garbage, he would just need to be retrained over here. he don't have it.

Not rude at all.. totally constructive.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 am

willie wrote:There is no reason for the Mod's to watch me closely, i respond rudely to rude remarks, period.

You basically said that what Chen Zhonghua did was completely wrong, crap. What rude comment did he make? I didn't know he was a boardmember... ::)
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:00 am

Bao wrote:
willie wrote:There is no reason for the Mod's to watch me closely, i respond rudely to rude remarks, period.

You basically said that what Chen Zhonghua did was completely wrong, crap. What rude comment did he make? I didn't know he was a boardmember... ::)

You don't get it, man. They have bad blood going way back to when CZH stiffed him for a cheeseburger on the way back from the strip club in Guangzhou New Years back in the 60s.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby charles on Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:43 am

willie wrote:One more. Charles said "meshing of gears", did you ever here him say that term before? because i wrote that here when pressed for secrets and later

I first met Chen Zhonghua in 1998. He frequently described the sensation of working with Hong Junsheng as one of being drawing into and ground up by the meshing of gears. He was very specific about the meaning of it both as a physical sensation of being trapped and how the physical mechanics are described by that metaphor - with the dan tian as the driving gear and the extremities as followers, and how when the dan tian is moved, the other parts move.

In short, I was well familiar with the metaphor of the parts of the body being connected like meshing gears long before you mentioned it. I have mentioned it numerous times during the 15 or so years that I've been a member of this (and its predecessor) forum.
Last edited by charles on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
charles
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:31 am

C.J.W. wrote:
Bao wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:My assessment of CZH's Taiji is that he has added elements from Yang and Wu styles to it. If you look at the Chen style practical method taught by other senior students of Hong Junshen, there are marked differences between what they do and what CZH teaches.

Don't understand really what elements you think he has added. Care to exlain further?

CZH's emphasis on stillness (fixed anchor) and many of the body mechanics he shows are exactly the same as the "indoor materials" in the Yang style/CMC/Wu style lineages I've been exposed to in Taiwan. In all the other Chen style lineages I've seen, the focus is always on spiraling and silk-reeling which, in my opinion, is what sets Chen apart from Yang and Wu.

I agree with you that they look like they come from somewhere else that isn't Chen... I'm just not getting the connection to Yang style myself, although this obviously depends on who you trained with. I'm quite ready to believe there are lines/lineages of Yang and Wu that put a lot of emphasis on anchoring points of the body and moving around them (I've see a video of Eddie Wu teaching this). But to me a lot of what CZH is doing looks like Southern Chinese martial arts. - wing chun, white crane, bak mei, that sort of stuff. YMMV
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 am

GrahamB wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:
Bao wrote:Don't understand really what elements you think he has added. Care to exlain further?

CZH's emphasis on stillness (fixed anchor) and many of the body mechanics he shows are exactly the same as the "indoor materials" in the Yang style/CMC/Wu style lineages I've been exposed to in Taiwan. In all the other Chen style lineages I've seen, the focus is always on spiraling and silk-reeling which, in my opinion, is what sets Chen apart from Yang and Wu.

I agree with you that they look like they come from somewhere else that isn't Chen... I'm just not getting the connection to Yang style myself, although this obviously depends on who you trained with. I'm quite ready to believe there are lines/lineages of Yang and Wu that put a lot of emphasis on anchoring points of the body and moving around them (I've see a video of Eddie Wu teaching this). But to me a lot of what CZH is doing looks like Southern Chinese martial arts. - wing chun, white crane, bak mei, that sort of stuff. YMMV

Thanks Graham, I missed CJW's post.

From the little I have learned about Chen style, there's a difference between practicing dt rotation and using it in application. When you use it in applications, the body moves around the dantian, but the dt in itself is still. Actually, I see nothing in what czh does that contradicts more common Chen style. What he does in 2 thirds of the vid is that he takes a very strong, unmovable posture and moves his arms with force separated from the body. "Use power" he says. This and the whole mindset is as much Chen ttc as it could possibly be.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29 pm

charles wrote:
willie wrote:One more. Charles said "meshing of gears", did you ever here him say that term before? because i wrote that here when pressed for secrets and later

I first met Chen Zhonghua in 1998. He frequently described the sensation of working with Hong Junsheng as one of being drawing into and ground up by the meshing of gears. He was very specific about the meaning of it both as a physical sensation of being trapped and how the physical mechanics are described by that metaphor - with the dan tian as the driving gear and the extremities as followers, and how when the dan tian is moved, the other parts move.

In short, I was well familiar with the metaphor of the parts of the body being connected like meshing gears long before you mentioned it. I have mentioned it numerous times during the 15 or so years that I've been a member of this (and its predecessor) forum.

o.k. thanks for clarifying.
willie

Postby willie on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
Bao wrote:

You don't get it, man. They have bad blood going way back to when CZH stiffed him for a cheeseburger on the way back from the strip club in Guangzhou New Years back in the 60s.

Who did?
Who's a board member?
willie

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links