Wudang Neija — Taiji, Xingyi, Bagua Fighting Approach

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wudang Neija — Taiji, Xingyi, Bagua Fighting Approach

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:32 am

Published on Oct 22, 2016
Some very interesting skills and techniques displayed by this old master, even though the extreme dubiousness of the Chang Seng Feng legend and so called Wudang lineages stretch all credibility beyond reason, they are still highly marketable commodities in China, by far the biggest number of tourists at Wudang mountain are Chinese neija acolytes looking for their mythical holy grail. However despite this masters highly contentious lineage claims, he has undoubted high level martial arts skills, which shows, that in China if you are going to talk the talk (even if your credentials are dodgy), you still have to walk the walk, otherwise you will be just another forgotten never was. He has a deep and thorough understanding of all regional styles of xingyi and bagua, his taiji is hard to distinguish from general taiji skills though it is still at a very high level:

(Replaced original video with extended version, which continues at 26:11.)

Published on Nov 1, 2016
I did not realise the first release of the video went for 26 minutes the video runs for nearly an hour, in it's entirety, here it is re-edited.
Soft Style martial arts master, or in the vernacular of insiders wudang neija sigong, teaches you his favorite tips tricks and traps of taiji and bagua. vol 2 focuses on xingyi also released on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMCaDEk2PFk

Edit: Adding part 2, XingYi.

Published on Oct 30, 2016
Wudang Neija by old master, some further explorations of neija this time xingyi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktkHf5t6gMw
Last edited by marvin8 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Wudang Neija — Taiji, Xingyi, Bagua Fighting Approach

Postby Bao on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:10 am

He does make a few very good points. Like not exposing your strength and hiding the line of attack. He seems to know what he's doin' alright. Thanks for sharing. :)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Niall Keane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:19 am

His student's performance .... and suddenly all I can hear is:

I said a hip hop,
The hippie to the hippie
The hip hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
To the bang bang boogie, say up jump the boogie,
To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.
A Skiddleebebop, we rock, scooby doo,
And guess what, America, we love you
The Emperor has no clothes on!
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby Bao on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:54 am

Why focus on what's bad instead of on what's good? :/
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 am

Nice clip

For those doubting what is shown, or saying its bad.
Why not explain or better yet show why its not possible.

I never quite understand the negative comments.
The student is giving the teacher a very clear
energy or intent to work with. Its a "demo"

what he shows and uses to seems to be very clear.. It would nice for those who feel its not to give some commentary as to "why" not
other then the standard "insert " what ever negative comment that comes to mind which in the end says nothing.

3. Newton’s Third Law. It is impossible for an object to exert force on another object without that object exerting a force back. According to Newton’s third law, if object A exerts a force on object B, then B exerts an equal and opposite force back on A (see Fig. 2). These two forces are called an action and reaction pair. Thus, when someone exerts force on your body with his hand, before you even do anything, your body automatically exerts a force back on his hand that is exactly equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to the force his hand exerts on your body.

Similarly, when you place your hand on his body, now another two forces come into play. One is the force that you are exerting on his body with your hand. The other is the equal and opposite force exerted on your hand by his body.

http://www.chuckrowtaichi.com/ChengCh.7.html

one might ask what happens when the other exerts force against something that he "feels" that is not really there, or is the process of changing..
why would he exert a foce to something that is not really there?
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:48 am

I love it "You've been practicing such a long time and you don't know how to make a correct palm"

So he gets to stand in the corner like a cuck while the master plays with his buddy instead.

Is anybody doubting this guy's stuff here?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:06 am

What I find interesting is that it seems like more and more of the clips coming out are being subtitled.
It would seem that the some of the masters are making an effort to insure the explanations for their clips are understandable
to those who may not be able to see, or understand what they see happening.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:13 am

23:50 or so "ward off, roll, tussle, and press when the power's been strengthened" good stuff
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Gus Mueller on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:29 am

oragami_itto wrote:I love it "You've been practicing such a long time and you don't know how to make a correct palm"

So he gets to stand in the corner like a cuck while the master plays with his buddy instead.

While I object to the word "cuck" on general principles, and the video didn't live up to the OP's assessment of it, I did enjoy the Chinese and English subtitles, and was very impressed with the way an unknown energy propagated downward in a circular spiraling fashion in the student's body, reached the ground and rebounded up to cause him to jump.
Gus Mueller

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 am

Gus Mueller wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:I love it "You've been practicing such a long time and you don't know how to make a correct palm"

While I object to the word "cuck" on general principles, and the video didn't live up to the OP's assessment of it, I did enjoy the Chinese and English subtitles, and was very impressed with the way an unknown energy propagated downward in a circular spiraling fashion in the student's body, reached the ground and rebounded up to cause him to jump.

Keep practicin, Gus, in another 30 years you might actually get some taijiquan.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:46 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Gus Mueller wrote:

Keep practicin, Gus, in another 30 years you might actually get some taijiquan.

haha,,, ;) morning coffee

@ gus :The energy is not "unknown" actually he explained it quite well. What you've described is not what he said nor how it works.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:13 am

Bao wrote:Why focus on what's bad instead of on what's good? :/

See, maybe I'm being illogical? its just through my lens i don't see "respected Chinese gung fu master in pyjamas" I see an old man like any around the world who is claiming to be a top master of martial arts and a coach of such as he has his students with him.
Now my mind is free of any rascist ideas such as Chinese ethnicity equates to gung fu skill, and free of any cultral bias such as gung fu need not concern itself with the scientific method, well as such my mind engages in the search for objective understanding through comparing and contrasting (benchmarking) the information I am receiving with other parallel experiences. I never trust myself 100%, I accept everyone has a margin of error, and can be guilty of wishful thinking created through the confirmation bias of a self-serving echo-chamber.

So instinctively and instantly I consider and imagine I am viewing a self-proclaimed top mma or wrestling coach and then I consider whether similar behaviours and demonstration effects would be considered credible in such a context.

I am of course willing to allow somewhat for cultural difference but not to the extent that I must suspend my university degree understanding of science, in my case, one of my degrees being in architectural science and so highly relevent when we are considering forces acting upon static or dynamic structures. I just cannot bring myself to swallow the koolaid and my education demands that I recognise bullshit for what it is. Could there be some genuine advice hidden kneedeep in the shit? Of course... the best lies and all that....

It's not about "focusing on the negative" , it's about the serious business of recognizing what's at play. If I were to entertain "magic" in my architectural work ... well... I suspect catastrophic failure would ensue, and that is precisely the Destiny of those who entertain such falacy in martial arts should the proverbial shit hit the fan!
Last edited by Niall Keane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 am

Some people find a lot of worth in exploring things that take longer than 5 minutes to grasp and use directly in a sports match.

Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:42 am

windwalker wrote:Nice clip

For those doubting what is shown, or saying its bad.
Why not explain or better yet show why its not possible.

I never quite understand the negative comments.
The student is giving the teacher a very clear
energy or intent to work with. Its a "demo"

what he shows and uses to seems to be very clear.. It would nice for those who feel its not to give some commentary as to "why" not
other then the standard "insert " what ever negative comment that comes to mind which in the end says nothing.

3. Newton’s Third Law. It is impossible for an object to exert force on another object without that object exerting a force back. According to Newton’s third law, if object A exerts a force on object B, then B exerts an equal and opposite force back on A (see Fig. 2). These two forces are called an action and reaction pair. Thus, when someone exerts force on your body with his hand, before you even do anything, your body automatically exerts a force back on his hand that is exactly equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to the force his hand exerts on your body.

Similarly, when you place your hand on his body, now another two forces come into play. One is the force that you are exerting on his body with your hand. The other is the equal and opposite force exerted on your hand by his body.

http://www.chuckrowtaichi.com/ChengCh.7.html

one might ask what happens when the other exerts force against something that he "feels" that is not really there, or is the process of changing..
why would he exert a foce to something that is not really there?

Typical pseudoscience!
Of course the reaction must exist but it need not be linear and mirror the initial force in direction. Think shock absorbers and now think of our joints and how we can rotate and direct force naturally as we have learned to walk etc. Your pseudoscience would logically mean that every time we took a step our feet would would receive a force that would transmit up a rigid frame (fallacy) and probably sever our heads internally ... you absolute clown!

Put the cone on and face the corner dunce!

This claptrap about it being a drill and the student offering a rigid frame so the master can time his counter belongs to the pages of an anti-vaccine tin-hat aliens are landing fantasy.
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:53 am

oragami_itto wrote:Some people find a lot of worth in exploring things that take longer than 5 minutes to grasp and use directly in a sports match.

Shit !!! Wow!! Did you just see that??? Around 1.41 just as he applies pressure to the elbow joint he releases and the student is catapulted by his elbows "reaction to force" into a series of bounces and ends up upsidedown against the gym wall !!!

Holy fuck!!!

Oh. Wait... no! That didn't happen.
Last edited by Niall Keane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niall Keane
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links