Wuwater Sword Form & more Guro Singh

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wuwater Sword Form & more Guro Singh

Postby wuwei sifu on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:25 pm

So, I was interested in what you folks think who practice/train in taiji sword, or any sword discipline think about what this dude shows here .

What are your honest opinions of this video, and what it shows ?

on his youtube channel is says this

" Kun Tao Training
My Teacher Sifu Lenny Rodgers being taught under Master Guy Savelli at the 1986 S.E.R.E. Compound established by Col. Nike Rowe. I was successfully trained in this technique as a SOCOM CA Operative. "
Last edited by wuwei sifu on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
when you misinterpret my words please don't blame me for that; or act like i said what you changed based on a faulty interpretation instead of taking my words as written ! (I know, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you can put words in my mouth)
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Re: Wuwater Sword Form & more Guro Singh

Postby wuwei sifu on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:41 pm

3rd. video same dude doing what he does , you be the judge
when you misinterpret my words please don't blame me for that; or act like i said what you changed based on a faulty interpretation instead of taking my words as written ! (I know, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean you can put words in my mouth)
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Postby willie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Couldn't find no Dr. John Wan-Yuin Chang
willie

Postby wiesiek on Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:35 am

I`m not the teacher, but for my eyes :
- in sword form some nonsense moves - when arm is directly behind the blade for ex.,
lot of unclear /for me/ sense of ending "fa" in positions.../ unless it`s form for fa training?, doesn`t make sense ,either :-\ /
- hands form - can`t comment, - `cause didn`t trained WC at all,
- sparring - for me looks like slo-mo boxing play...

shortly - sorry, was unable to go for whole of any presented videos here
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wuwei sifu on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:24 pm

willie wrote:Couldn't find no Dr. John Wan-Yuin Chang

you must not have tried or maybe you were drunk rofl . i cut and pasted his name the way you posted it into google. popped right up . and i didn't even use " " ;D rofl, ok if not alcohol some good bud maybe . ha ha

Seriously though he's never been a famous master , no lime light to speak of. the only online stuff has been provided by Gary Tong who was like an adopted son to him, and the tiny bit of stuff i might have said about him. I was told he got stand up applause back in 95 when that WUSHU WORLD TOURNAMENT came to baltimore, md. 1st. time outside of an asian country from what i recall. i missed that tourney like a dummy because i knew there was some fee to join the class. yeah, that was stupid cause the class wasn't going anywhere, and that tournament was a one time only event.

I guess you could inquire with Sifu Fish about Dr. Chang, he knows him, and has spoken with him etc. better to ask hi directly cause i don't know many details about their relationship . fell free to post what you find out from him though here since you asked in this thread.

i can only guess you were trying to make a point about not being able to find 411 on someone that may or may not be legit. you can clarify why you mentioned it yourself. i don't like to assume, i'd rather hear it direct from you. xie xie .
Last edited by wuwei sifu on Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
wuwei sifu
Huajing

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:57 am

sorry for the double post it didn't transfer at first
Last edited by wayne hansen on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:59 am

The fact that he cuts himself 10 times before he transfers the sword to his right hand might be a clue
The wing Chun just looks hokey to me
In the ring even In slow motion he just bobs and weaves from being hit on one side to the other
I really haven't seen people putting up stuff like this since the 70,s
As for the other guy mentioned I watched his 108 couldn't see much there except his lack of weight transference
He may have been better in person
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:40 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The fact that he cuts himself 10 times before he transfers the sword to his right hand might be a clue

I was thinking that but then I realized he's holding a knife, not a sword, doing a strange version of the sword form with some elements of the knife form.

It is very strange
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:17 pm

He calls it a straight sword and starts the way the Jian does with it behind the left arm where the knife is held forward in the crook of the arm
Indeed it is single edged so he only cuts himself 2 or 3 times
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:11 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Indeed it is single edged so he only cuts himself 2 or 3 times

And the first one is across an artery so it's pretty much academic after that. ;D

I think the clip says five months practice doesn't it?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Return to Video Links