A self defence approach

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

A self defence approach

Postby RobP3 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:53 am

Here's one way to approach self defence training.

Note to self - don't do push-ups with breath holds right before filming a clip ;D

"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Re: A self defence approach

Postby Giles on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:00 am

Interesting perspectives on the whole 'self defence' package. Although you only mention it in passing here, it is indeed very important in a SD situation to consider whether you will meet the threat(s) again. - unlikely, possibly, probably, certainly ? - Can they find you (generic 'you') in the future, are they likely to take some sort of revenge on you or your loved ones? If so, would the police be able to provide good protection or not? Even if you're totally in the right, morally and legally, it will make no difference to some scumbags or their scumbag friends, because they have scumbag brains. Of course it's hard or impossible to consider all the ramifications in a sudden nasty situation, but still...
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Re: A self defence approach

Postby RobP3 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:37 am

Tom - steal my cake and you'll see my rage face ;D

Giles - yes it's often overlooked, but then people often like neat little training scenarios, where everything works. It's always been something to think about, from "back in the day", to a situation virtually on my door step last week.

But this is also part of developing emotional maturity / sound judgement, or what one of my lads calls "social systema" lol
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Return to Video Links