The Principles of Ba Gua Zhang Fighting – Luo De Xiu

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

The Principles of Ba Gua Zhang Fighting – Luo De Xiu

Postby marvin8 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:41 am

Luo Dexiu entered the Tang Shou Tao (唐手道) school of Hong Yixiang (洪懿祥) in 1971, where he began his study of the Internal Martial Arts, devoting himself in the beginning to the use of these arts for fighting, with particular emphasis on Xingyiquan. He became one of Hong Yixiang's best fighters.

He later became deeply interested in Baguazhang, which was at the core of the skills taught by Hong Yixiang, having been passed directly from Zhang Junfeng (張俊峰), who trained under Gao Yisheng (高義盛), a master in the Cheng Tinghua (程廷華) branch of Baguazhang. Zhang Junfeng had brought the Gao style of Baguazhang to Taiwan. This lineage and school is called Yizong. Luo Dexiu studied Gao style Baguazhang with Hong Yixiang, and with many of Zhang's other students as well, including Hong Yixiang's brothers Hong Yiwen (洪懿文) and Hong Yimian (洪懿棉). He later continued his intensive studies of Baguazhang with Liu Qian, an early student of Sun Xikun.

Published on Dec 23, 2016
In this one hour video, Ba Gua Zhang expert Luo De Xiu of Taipei, Taiwan, demonstrates the basic hand, body, and stepping exercises, palm changes, combat forms, and two persons sets which provide the foundation for using Ba Gua Zhang as a combat art. In addition, Luo De Xiu also explains and demonstrates a wide variety of Ba Gua combat techniques:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxf7MV3sWII&t=2341s
marvin8
Wuji

Re: The Principles of Ba Gua Zhang Fighting – Luo De Xiu

Postby JessOBrien on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Best bagua video ever filmed. Still the gold standard.
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby Fa Xing on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Tim actually told me that it was supposed to be more of an instructional tape, but ended up as more of a demo tape instead.
Dr. Troy Schott
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lead Instructor, Ground Dragon Martial Arts
https://grounddragonma.com/
Fa Xing
Anjing

Postby richardg6 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Great video. Can someone please unlock it so I can download a copy.
richardg6
Santi

Postby xxxxx on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:16 pm

richardg6 wrote:Great video. Can someone please unlock it so I can download a copy.

http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7132&sid=10c4ea8eef5e8f1edf10738dbc1d40c8
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby marvin8 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:47 pm

xxxxx wrote:
richardg6 wrote:Great video. Can someone please unlock it so I can download a copy.

http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7132&sid=9686c965837dca523760432664a6d0ea

I googled the two videos, The Principles of Ba Gua Zhang Fighting – Luo De Xiu and Tai Chi Chuan Push Hands Techniques — Master Yu Cheng Hsiang, before I posted. I did not find these for sale anywhere. They are converted from old VHS tapes.
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby xxxxx on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:20 pm

If it's on youtube and not a problem with the creator of the tape then it's fine to link it.

Asking to make it available on the site is not.

We do have a PM system if you'd like to talk to someone in private. What you and another consenting adult do by PM is your own business.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Return to Video Links