Lok hup ba fa form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Lok hup ba fa form

Postby yfaway on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 pm

I just saw this on youtube recently.

yfaway
Santi

Re: Lok hup ba fa form

Postby greytowhite on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:46 am

Not quite what I understand to be a good performance of the art. Try Choi Wai Lun, Mok Kei Fei, or others. Moy Lin Shin's Taoist Tai Chi Society is a crock of shit.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby yfaway on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Wow that is harsh and uncalled for. IMO, it is more beneficial to have constructive criticism. E.g. how is it compared to the previous masters in the lineage (Leung Tsz-Pang -> Sun Di / Moy Lin Shin); they all have old videos online.

Better yet, we can step outside the context of Lok Hup, to avoid the style's internal bickering, and evaluate the performer's internal structure.
yfaway
Santi

Postby greytowhite on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 am

That's nice but let's call things what they are - these are not people trained by someone with a true understanding of the art. There are enough of us here to know what is what, if I didn't say anything you'd probably have gotten crickets.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Drake on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 am

I have no qualms calling it like I see it: i.e. Complete garbage from the start. Not for health, not for fighting, not as dance. Useless. <<shrug>>
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 pm

IMO crickets sends the best message
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:27 am

It takes a long time to learn the whole main form. To do it properly will take even a much longer time and need the guidance of qualified teachers who have deep knowledge in the core principle of the style, deep understanding on what the movements entail, correct approach, validating of applications from combat experience, and years of practice and teaching to formulate a process to teach. Not everybody can meet qualified teachers to train. Having the chances to train with different qualified teachers can further improve the skill but it seems it is a luxury. Every teacher has their own take and favor. The important part is to chase as closely as possible to the source. It is irritating to see the style being watered down. But let's accept the fact that only a few still have the real deal and understand the art. And why such an intricate art would become a kind of garbage. Lucky enough now that still have a few to speak it out loud. Very soon, the fake will become the truth. One eye open, one eye close. And most of the time, no eye see.

Anyhow, I still think it would be beneficial to positively encourage the practitioners no matter what stage they are in. Just need to accept the fact. Good luck to LHBF.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Return to Video Links