"white boy uses Aikido........."

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

"white boy uses Aikido........."

Postby cloudz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:08 am

Hey,

Some nice traditional techniques on show here against some resistence (sparring).

Last edited by cloudz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: "white boy uses Aikido........."

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 am

Excellent clip showing a good understanding of how, and when to take a fight to the ground. Nice
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby C.J.W. on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Definitely better and more practical than the typical Aikido we are used to seeing. It also shows that when small-joint manipulation is allowed (i.e., wrist and finger locks) in grappling, the dynamics of the game can change real quick.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Greg J on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:07 pm

It is nice seeing wrist locks used against a resisting opponent.

I am currently reading a book called "Mastering The 21 Immutable Principles Of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu," and coincidentally just finished a section titled "The Wrist" in which the author starts off with a nice quote by Sun Tzu: "So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak." He then goes on to list some of the downsides of ONLY going for wrist locks (I include them here because I found them pretty funny, and all true):

1. You will probably hurt all of your teammates, and they'll soon hate to train with you.
2. Because you are hurting everyone, you will have fewer partners to train with, and anger your instructor.
3. You will lose focus on more important fundamental techniques and basics.
4. Even if you attack the wrist slowly, your partners might still be hurt because out of pride they might only tap when they feel the pain (and then it is too late for them).
5. Your partners eventually will figure out your strategy, and then counter it more easily.

(of course, he then goes on to list the benefits to learning how to attack the wrist.)

Anyway, I enjoyed watching the video (despite the clickbaity nature of the title). Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Postby Patrick on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 am

Thanks like it too, simply because it is something different and because he is out there trying it out.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Return to Video Links