Liu He Taiji Quan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Liu He Taiji Quan

Postby zrm on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Good collection of forms in this vid from various practioners from the Liu He Quan, Xing Yi Quan and Tai Ji Quan traditions.

The first form seems to be called "Liu He Taiji" which seems to be a blend of Liu He Quan, Taiji Quan and Xing Yi Quan. The same master also performs a couple of nice Xing Yi forms straight after. This is followed by different master in yellow doing an interesting take on the Xing Yi five elements.

At 7.15 min another master comes out dressed in white does some very good Shaolin Liu He Quan. At 13 min he also does some Xing Yi but with a Liu He Quan flavor.

At 15 min another master dressed in white and performs some kind of "martial tai chi" form where every single movement is performed as a strike with fajin. Then he does a nice "Wudang Bagua Longsword" form.

Finally at 21.30 a Chinese muslim guy dressed in black rocks up and shows some extremely crisp Xing Yi.
zrm
Huajing

Re: Liu He Taiji Quan

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Not a fan of the xingyi performances, feel like they are forcing the 'heng/ha' type sounds. The Liu He Quan is very nice though, crisp, clear and practical!
nicklinjm
Wuji

Re: Liu He Taiji Quan

Postby zrm on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Agree that Liu He was the stand out for me as well. I also trained a lot of Liu He early on and the shen fa shown was very similar to how I was taught so I'm probably a bit biased though.

I wasn't quite sure on the xing yi master in yellow. It's quite different to how I was taught and in my eyes he seemed to over exaggerate - hence "interesting". I thought the other xing yi shown in the vid was nice though although I take your point regarding the heng/ha thing.

The first form shown was main interesting to me from an intellectual point of view. I've also done a bit of taiji so it was interesting take on how to blend the two styles together.
zrm
Huajing

Return to Video Links