Yield & Adhere in Sparring — Sifu Sergio, Internal Wing Chun

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Yield & Adhere in Sparring — Sifu Sergio, Internal Wing Chun

Postby marvin8 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm

I didn't see any real, hard sparring. At least, Sifu Sergio is discussing applying these concepts in sparring.

Published on Mar 25, 2017
The IWKA way of sparring in internal Wing Chun (IWKA Wing Tjun system) using yielding and adhering and at a more advanced level sticking to seize:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKlJMIjw4I
Last edited by marvin8 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Yield & Adhere in Sparring — Sifu Sergio, Internal Wing Chun

Postby C.J.W. on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:38 pm

He's been marketing his own brand of "internal" WC for a few years now. There's seminar footage of him showing pushing drills and techniques taken directly from Huang style Taiji, which he's selling under the guise of WC. I'd venture to guess that he managed to hook up with Huang style Taiji practitioners from Malaysia, picked up a few tricks, and incorporated Taiji elements into his art.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with borrowing and mixing different arts together in order to create a more effective blend suitable for oneself. What doesn't sit well with me is people making false claims about their arts or arts they borrowed from.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Greg J on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:02 pm

His movement reminds me of how I've seen some Systema practitioners move and strike. Very fluid, very relaxed, flowing around the obstacles when striking and deflecting.

I was hoping for a bit more responsiveness from his sparring partner in the last part of the clip (the "light sparring" starting at 20:50).

Still, there were some nice moments in the clip. He does seem to have some genuine skill, IMHO.

Best,
Greg
Last edited by Greg J on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg J
Huajing

Postby Bao on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:09 am

Where's the sparring? I saw nothing even close to sparring.

...So you create a Qi spiderweb, so it doesn't matter how fast any boxer is, that is sticking... :-\

.... -argh-

I would put my bet on the boxer anytime.

Greg J wrote:. He does seem to have some genuine skill, IMHO.

Then you see more than I do.... :-X
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:43 am

Great! Making one's personal art functional and able to convey a principle(s) is always of the highest order
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Video Links