Vlad the Impaler

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Vlad the Impaler

Postby RobP3 on Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 am

C.J.W. wrote:
Just as Taiji practitioners who focus too much on cooperative PH often end up losing touch with the realities of combat, I must say I have seen a similar pattern emerging in Systema.

I think there is something in that, which is why, for me, it's important to get over and train with the "big guys" as often as you can. It's easy to fall into patterns of comfortable training, where everyone knows each other and everything works. We all need shaking up every now and then and a good dose of reality
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 am

RobP3 wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:
Just as Taiji practitioners who focus too much on cooperative PH often end up losing touch with the realities of combat, I must say I have seen a similar pattern emerging in Systema.

I think there is something in that, which is why, for me, it's important to get over and train with the "big guys" as often as you can. It's easy to fall into patterns of comfortable training, where everyone knows each other and everything works. We all need shaking up every now and then and a good dose of reality

...logically,(I would have thought?) wouldn't it be better trying it on somebody from another art, with resistance? Unless, of course, you're too deadly for da streetz ;D
Last edited by GrahamB on Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Thu May 04, 2017 2:23 am

GrahamB wrote:
RobP3 wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:

...logically,(I would have thought?) wouldn't it be better trying it on somebody from another art, with resistance? Unless, of course, you're too deadly for da streetz ;D

Well you can do that too, but what makes you think there is no resistance ever? Plus a lot of guys in training have backgrounds in other arts, some still current, so you get to work against lots of different things. Also some of them are quite "active" so we get some interesting feedback :)
Last edited by RobP3 on Thu May 04, 2017 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu May 04, 2017 4:53 am

I wasn't implying there was no resistance ever. I totally get the idea of going to the source to learn more. I don't really mind either way, just rambling here :) But yes, beginners are alway the ones I find are a good challenge because they don't follow 'the rules' and do weird shit. Especially the ones who have a background in something else.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links