Kong Jing w/knife (in case?)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kong Jing w/knife (in case?)

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Kong Jing w/knife (in case?)

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:46 pm

How good must the guys above him be
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:54 am

huh?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Nice!

Good to see someone who has it that doesn't come off as a complete douche.

The look of utter bewilderment/horror on the face of the skeptic is classic. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

Any idea of this guy's lineage or background?
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:48 pm

What makes you think he isn't part of the act
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Just look at his face when he is sitting on the ground afterwards.

Kong jing is real.

However, few can actually do it against a resisting opponent and its utility is limited to sideshow tricks in a world where real people engage in real violence using real firearms.

Also, had the skeptic shot in using bjj, or any real martial skill, his momentum would have carried him through the kong jing practitioner. The window guys who practice this stuff have to grab you is pretty small and the faster you move the harder it is to pull off.

A neat demonstration of internal power, just not really applicable martially.

The same can be said of most forms of fah jing. They are a great way to train structure, connection, break bricks, etc. Using them martially to the degree it matters is usually a whole other story.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Really? I thought this was obviously a troll. The white dude has a white aura and the Asian guy has a yellow aura? And a Starwars shirt? And, and, and...
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 am

Surely a spoof?
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Not trolling, I am just trying to figure out what the knife is for if he already has kong jing.

I agree that the guys do seem surprised but...I don't know.

The dude does seem more approachable than others I have seen.

Saying that, before I end up having to defend my opinions I think this is the power of suggestion. I have seen some of Dillman's stuff and I find that they usually do demos on students who are already convinced.

Again not trolling but I do appreciate the compliment. Yet there is no ill will here just some video I found that I hadn't seen before but I am skeptical so I understand the trolling claim but I have always thought of myself as more of a heckler and not a troll since I am not here to cause outrage which is what a troll lives for.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:52 am

what I find interesting his use of physics in trying to outline what he feels
is happening. This is IMO a step in the right direction although the traditional theory's
also explain it.

The human body emits many different forms of energy. One of them is known as the human aura, which is a bioenergy field that is made of many different layers and colors. Its shape looks similar to an egg that surrounds the entire body. Many energy healers believe that the aura contains information related to the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body. They also believe that the information in the human aura can tell the state of health of the human body.

http://energyfanatics.com/2014/05/06/hu ... -meanings/

Never heard of the use of "aura" being used in the way he talked about. In China they talked about the "qi chong" qi field or ball, essentially the protective qi that surrounds ones body. " wei qi" This is what's said to be affected.
There are many names for the invisible auric field that surrounds the physical body in various mystical traditions such as torus, Lightbody, Electromagnetic Field (EMF), energy bubble, Merkaba or aura. The auric field is called Wei Qi Field in Medical Qigong which will be under discussion.

http://keystohealing.ca/?p=3349

Interesting they call the "auric field" which he says he can see, "wei qi field"
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 am

Peacedog wrote:Just look at his face when he is sitting on the ground afterwards.

Kong jing is real.

However, few can actually do it against a resisting opponent and its utility is limited to sideshow tricks in a world where real people engage in real violence using real firearms.

Also, had the skeptic shot in using bjj, or any real martial skill, his momentum would have carried him through the kong jing practitioner. The window guys who practice this stuff have to grab you is pretty small and the faster you move the harder it is to pull off.

A neat demonstration of internal power, just not really applicable martially.

The same can be said of most forms of fah jing. They are a great way to train structure, connection, break bricks, etc. Using them martially to the degree it matters is usually a whole other story.

I would not agree, I think it would be more fair to say its hard to develop,
the martial applicability depends on the teachers level, and focus of the training.

Like push hands used in taiji, the practice seems to have lost a lot of its original functionality with some practitioners not working on basic skill sets focusing on higher level skills that are meant to augment the basic skill sets they skip, or do not focus on. It would be like getting in the ring with a bull, thinking all one needs to do is wave a cape around skipping the foot work and stepping practice, and the bull will miss trying to gore you,,,not a good idea :o

Most public demos are very misleading
in how it's used and works.

No his momentum would not have carried him through, he himself would have stopped trying to get away,,
which the clip shows happening.
What you might mean is that it might be very hard for him to maintain the connection that he uses in a martial setting.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Return to Video Links