Some Translation Help on Dai Shi Zhe's Video on Kun Wu Jian

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Some Translation Help on Dai Shi Zhe's Video on Kun Wu Jian

Postby vietle87 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:05 am

My Mandarin is poor and I was wondering if someone who knew Chinese can help me with something. I practice Bajiquan from the Wutan system. In this clip, Shifu Dai Shi Zhe's speaks a bit on the relationship between Qing Ping Jian and Kun Wu Jian (so far as I can gather). Can someone tell me what he is talking about? He also talks about Li Jing Lin and "Wudang Shen Jian" and a meeting between Zhang Xiangwu and Li Shuwen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5khtmwPdpJE

Thanks in advance!
vietle87
Anjing

Re: Some Translation Help on Dai Shi Zhe's Video on Kun Wu Jian

Postby chenyaolong on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:22 am

he lists some core movements that need to be take out the form: chop, stab, lift, raise, smear, peel, wave off, hang, collapse, rasp (sorry, not clear on exactly what some of these movements are)
you have to practice these with a partner daily until you can use three techniques in one motion
he says something like Kunwu Jian is just one form, whereas Qinping Jian is 6 forms, with part 4 being the most beautiful, although really, most of the movements are just repeated throughout.
Sorry, Im not so used to the Taiwanese accent, so couldnt pick up the story about Zhang Xiang Wu and Li Shu Wen
chenyaolong
Wuji

Re: Some Translation Help on Dai Shi Zhe's Video on Kun Wu Jian

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:22 am

One thing i regret stop practicing is the Kun Wu Jian form and the two person (sparring) form that came with it, I liked it very much. Yes I remember taking out from the form several moves to be practiced by them self. During my now many years in TCMA I've only practiced two weapons - KunWu Jian and a XY-Dao form, I hope one day I can relearn the KunWu Jian. Anyone know of any practitioners of this form in Europe ?
Trick

Return to Video Links