Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby wiesiek on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:12 am

This vid. is described as:
Master Wang Bo of Shanghai (China) performing Yang, Chen style Taijquan and Songxi Pai Internal Boxing of Siming

https://youtu.be/heAa9nVKq1I

is it "made up" for the filming?,
but looks interesting
do you, guys ,have idea is he >real deal <?
joyful usefullnes of the effords
User avatar
wiesiek
Wuji
 
Posts: 3533
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 am
Location: krakow

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Bao on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:44 am

He looks like a street performer, but apparently his art is both Yang and Chen, but mainly Yang style from Yang Banhou. TCMA background seems legit.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 5830
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Bao on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 am

If you know Chinese this might be interesting: [url]http://www.changtaichi.com/观点/太极养生/745[/url]
Last edited by Bao on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 5830
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby wiesiek on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 am

thx Bao
but
I haven`t time to learn Chinese ,yet .
joyful usefullnes of the effords
User avatar
wiesiek
Wuji
 
Posts: 3533
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 am
Location: krakow

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby wiesiek on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 am

I like his flexibility, even if his >fa< is little exaggerated
joyful usefullnes of the effords
User avatar
wiesiek
Wuji
 
Posts: 3533
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 am
Location: krakow

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Trick on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:05 am

Hey thanks, i remember reading an article about this guy many yrs ago. Since I'm going to Shanghai for the upcoming holiday I for some reason came to think about that article but couldn't remember the man's name
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby eshan on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 am

Hello,

Mr. Wang has been discussed a couple of time here I think.
I have seen him in person a few times and used to train with his students, many years back.
For all I have seen and known through different parties, he is the real deal and then some.

His curriculum includes Chen and Yang, including the rare Quan You Laojia, Xingyi, Bagua and Siming Quan of course.
Plus, if I remember right bits of a few other items like Tan Tui, Tong Bei, Hou Quan and other stuff.
I believe he rarely if ever teaches these, focusing mainly on purely internal styles.

No, it is not made up for the film. It is his personal interpretation of Yang and Chen, heavily influenced by Siming boxing.

PS.
Siming Quan, by the way, is the original Neijia Quan. It was an unfortunate coincidence that later the term Neijia Quan was started to refer to internal arts.
As I recall, the people who coined the term were told afterwards other style was already using the name but by then it was too late to fix the error.

wiesiek wrote:This vid. is described as:
Master Wang Bo of Shanghai (China) performing Yang, Chen style Taijquan and Songxi Pai Internal Boxing of Siming

https://youtu.be/heAa9nVKq1I

is it "made up" for the filming?,
but looks interesting
do you, guys ,have idea is he >real deal <?
eshan
Santi
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby eshan on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:15 pm

For all I know, the fajing you see in the video is not exaggerated, just his personal expression.
A couple of sources I deem reliable told me how they witnessed his fajing applied to both people and a boxing bag with undebiable results.
You do not have to accept my word though, if I did not have some previous background I would probably find this kind of fajing questionable.

The gentleman seems to cause a "love or hate" reaction among IMA people.
In my opinion he is a true representative of the long gone golden age of CIMA.

Training with him would be a great opportunity for sure, though I have often been told that he is very strict and conservative.
Meaning that if you want to learn the good stuff, you have to train really, really hard and also posses a number of personal qualities.

wiesiek wrote:I like his flexibility, even if his >fa< is little exaggerated
eshan
Santi
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Yuen-Ming on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:53 pm

wiesiek wrote:This vid. is described as:
Master Wang Bo of Shanghai (China) performing Yang, Chen style Taijquan and Songxi Pai Internal Boxing of Siming

https://youtu.be/heAa9nVKq1I

is it "made up" for the filming?,
but looks interesting
do you, guys ,have idea is he >real deal <?


I took that video

That is Master Wang's interpretation based on the various things he learned, main influence is so-called Quanyou Laojia (other refers to it as Chang style Taiji) and his take on a style (Songxi Pai) he learned as a kid.

YM
User avatar
Yuen-Ming
Huajing
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:59 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby eshan on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:50 am

Yuen Ming,

thanks for chiming in.
Please could clarify if Songxi Pai is the same as Siming Quan/Neijia Quan?

TIA.

Yuen-Ming wrote:I took that video

That is Master Wang's interpretation based on the various things he learned, main influence is so-called Quanyou Laojia (other refers to it as Chang style Taiji) and his take on a style (Songxi Pai) he learned as a kid.

YM
eshan
Santi
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Rhen on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:25 am

He certainly is flexible, but not a fan of embellished movements. I am a fan of internal people who do stretching and flexibility.
Rhen
Mingjing
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 9:20 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Yuen-Ming on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:10 am

eshan wrote:Yuen Ming,

thanks for chiming in.
Please could clarify if Songxi Pai is the same as Siming Quan/Neijia Quan?

TIA.


There are many schools, especially around the Zhejiang area and a few in Sichuan, which claim to originate in the late Ming/early Qing Neijia Quan. Most are actually spurious, a lot are made up and some are mixed with other stuff.
The school that Wang learnt as a kid is one of the above, which he also reinterpreted in the light of his other practices

YM
User avatar
Yuen-Ming
Huajing
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:59 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby eshan on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 am

Understood, thank you.

There is very little information about Neijia Quan out there so I would appreciate your opinion.
Are there any branches of NeiJia Quan or even Wudang styles that you like or consider authentic/valuable?

Thanks.

Yuen-Ming wrote:There are many schools, especially around the Zhejiang area and a few in Sichuan, which claim to originate in the late Ming/early Qing Neijia Quan. Most are actually spurious, a lot are made up and some are mixed with other stuff.
The school that Wang learnt as a kid is one of the above, which he also reinterpreted in the light of his other practices

YM
Last edited by eshan on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
eshan
Santi
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby Yuen-Ming on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 pm

eshan wrote:Understood, thank you.

There is very little information about Neijia Quan out there so I would appreciate your opinion.
Are there any branches of NeiJia Quan or even Wudang styles that you like or consider authentic/valuable?

Thanks.


Neijiaquan is actually extinct, among the schools that claim that lineage even those with some actual historical relationship have in time totally evolved into a completely different art.

Wudang style does not exists, it is a modern invention

YM
User avatar
Yuen-Ming
Huajing
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:59 am

Re: Master Wang Bo - 汪波老师之内家拳术

Postby eshan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:02 am

Very interesting, thank you.
I always assumed that despite all the made up styles, some real lineage would have been preserved.

If you have time, could you please clarify the following?

Yuen-Ming wrote:Neijiaquan is actually extinct, among the schools that claim that lineage even those with some actual historical relationship have in time totally evolved into a completely different art.
YM


- I understand that in order to tell if a given lineage resembles the original NJQ you have something to compare it with, some point of reference, is that correct?
Maybe some manuscript like a manual, Quanpu, etc?

- If possible at all, could you say which current styles have an actual historical relationship with NJQ and how they differ with NJQ?

Yuen-Ming wrote:Wudang style does not exists, it is a modern invention
YM


- By this you mean that Wudang has not produced a single form of martial arts at all, except for those modern inventions?
- Are you referring to all Taoist lineages, or just those coming from the Wudang area?

Thanks.
Last edited by eshan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
eshan
Santi
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 am

Next

Return to Video Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest