Jake Mace and Thad Wong (Liang style baguazhang)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Jake Mace and Thad Wong (Liang style baguazhang)

Postby zrm on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 pm

nicklinjm wrote:Ed, there isn't a one-to-one correspondence, but if you look at 64 hands set there are many many similarities in technique and flavour/shenfa to Yue Jia Sanshou, to me it is pretty obvious that the 64 hands came from Yue style sanshou (and not Liuhe Men). Obviously just my .02 cents, YMMV, etc.

I've trained Liu He Men from Liu De Kuan's lineage. I've also learnt the 64 palms via Liu Jing Ru. I'd agree with this statement. There's a few moves in the set that have a Liu He Men influence, but it seems to have more in common from what I've seen of Yue style. That said the Liu He Men lineage via Liu De Kuan is a little different from orthodox Liu He Quan as well. I've seen a couple of sets in our system that seem to be heavily based on eagle claw.
zrm
Huajing

Re: Jake Mace and Thad Wong (Liang style baguazhang)

Postby edededed on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks for the perspective, zrm. The video of Yue shi bafanshou does look of a similar flavor to the 64 hands - perhaps Liu used that as a foundation to develop the linear bagua sets.
edededed
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links