Jet Li's Fakeout Punch

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Jet Li's Fakeout Punch

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 am

Yeah that's the spot.

I agree that Jets is less realistic, just looks cool. :)
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:55 am

Does no one here remember Fedor doing something similar (holding his fist way out and rotating it)? It clearly worked for him for some (small I guess) reason under realistic pressure. Don't know why we would think it wouldn't work. Of course we could say he's Fedor and we're not, so there's that.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:23 am

It could work, just sort of a real risky gambit, not something you can throw in every time against everybody and not get your clock cleaned
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby middleway on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 am

There is a method in some of the internal styles called 'Capturing the Gaze'. It is a much less theatric version of what is shown in the opening video. It is often used to draw the gaze high as you attack low.

I have tested it sparring with MMA people, and in free grappling exchange and it works extremely well. :)
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 am

cool. it makes sense. it works in sports in general. "set the defense" is one phrase I've heard in basketball. but it's cool to hear of your positive tests!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:13 pm

middleway wrote:There is a method in some of the internal styles called 'Capturing the Gaze'. It is a much less theatric version of what is shown in the opening video. It is often used to draw the gaze high as you attack low.

I have tested it sparring with MMA people, and in free grappling exchange and it works extremely well. :)

I'm sure I seen in Charlie Chaplin or similar kind of movies something as "capturing the gaze", Chaplin point to the sky opponent look up 8-) I do have used quite successfully a "Bruce Lee" move during my karate sparring days, go in with a high slappy backfist as jump/slide in and plant a sidekick to opponents midsection
Trick

Previous

Return to Video Links