Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby Bao on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Rhen wrote:
HotSoup wrote:The guy apparently knows how to use gravity and proper body structure to "re-route" the opponent's force to not be pushed away. Guess, it counts as a skill. Is it enough to be called "good taijiquan"? That remains an open question.


Scanning through his youtube, the guy apparently seems very legit, has right instructors from Yang Taiji, correct shen fa, right methods and execution.


He is very hard, goes down in a very low bow stance to get below the big guy and pushes him with all of his strength and leans against him. You can call it T'ai chi if you want.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 6328
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:32 am

Rhen wrote:Please share with us Willie and Wayne your push hands working under REAL pressure. Thank you.

Rhen, First off, My comment isn't meant for the players. It is made for the game.
Also, I have in the past, posted at least one video of me going all out with a "heavy weight" 4th degree black belt, gold medalist, in
a grappling match with no rules other then no eye gouging. The match went to a draw.
The reason why I said garbage is because, that entire type of competition, while fun, is one of the reasons that taiji has been so mis-understood.
Taiji is not about pushing an opponent over a line.
Thanks
Last edited by willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie
Wuji
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 am

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am

willie wrote:
Rhen wrote:Please share with us Willie and Wayne your push hands working under REAL pressure. Thank you.

Rhen, First off, My comment isn't meant for the players. It is made for the game.
Also, I have in the past, posted at least one video of me going all out with a "heavy weight" 4th degree black belt, gold medalist, in
a grappling match with no rules other then no eye gouging. The match went to a draw.
The reason why I said garbage is because, that entire type of competition, while fun, is one of the reasons that taiji has been so mis-understood.
Taiji is not about pushing an opponent over a line.
Thanks


You posted that here? On what thread? When? Fourth degree in what? Gold medal in what?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
willie wrote:
Rhen wrote:Please share with us Willie and Wayne your push hands working under REAL pressure. Thank you.

Rhen, First off, My comment isn't meant for the players. It is made for the game.
Also, I have in the past, posted at least one video of me going all out with a "heavy weight" 4th degree black belt, gold medalist, in
a grappling match with no rules other then no eye gouging. The match went to a draw.
The reason why I said garbage is because, that entire type of competition, while fun, is one of the reasons that taiji has been so mis-understood.
Taiji is not about pushing an opponent over a line.
Thanks


You posted that here? On what thread? When? Fourth degree in what? Gold medal in what?

You're kind of a funny dude man. When I was in MMA I rolled with either the brown belts or the black belts after class almost every time that I went there. You just think of a guy who does Tai Chi as automatically some weak dude. The video was me and A 4th degree black belt or a black / or whatever you call it, from praying mantis and Eagle Claw. He also trains in the Army Reserves and does security. A very good martial artist with about 20 years experience thank you
Last edited by willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie
Wuji
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 am

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 am

willie wrote:You're kind of a funny dude man. When I was in MMA I rolled with either the brown belts or the black belts after class almost every time that I went there. You just think of a guy who does Tai Chi as automatically some weak dude. The video was me and A 4th degree black belt or a black / or whatever you call it, from praying mantis and Eagle Claw. He also trains in the Army Reserves and does security. A very good martial artist with about 20 years experience thank you


Huh, why would I think of a taijiquan guy as weak? Certainly, my teacher never struck me as weak. I just don't remember seeing you post any such video here, and I remember you showing up. In fact, I still think of you as a Ninja, as that was how your first introduced yourself when you said that you could get out of a rear naked choke with an eye gouge. A strange thing to say for a guy who "rolled" with black belts all the time. But wait, are we talking about BJJ? When you get specific, it turns into a kung fu guy. What that a roll, or more of a fight? I was just curious if you could share the video on this site. Or is it up on some other site that you could link to? I don't know what the army reserves have to do with anything. A very confused response. If the vid is of you and a kung fu guy, why bring up MMA, BJJ, and the military?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:27 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Huh, why would I think of a taijiquan guy as weak? Certainly, my teacher never struck me as weak. I just don't remember seeing you post any such video here, and I remember you showing up. In fact, I still think of you as a Ninja, as that was how your first introduced yourself when you said that you could get out of a rear naked choke with an eye gouge. A strange thing to say for a guy who "rolled" with black belts all the time. But wait, are we talking about BJJ? When you get specific, it turns into a kung fu guy. What that a roll, or more of a fight? I was just curious if you could share the video on this site. Or is it up on some other site that you could link to? I don't know what the army reserves have to do with anything. A very confused response. If the vid is of you and a kung fu guy, why bring up MMA, BJJ, and the military?
number one I never trained in ninjutsu I think I made that clear. I have trained with people who have trained in ninjutsu but never have officially taken it myself. And I never said anything about escaping a rear naked choke with an eye gouge either. I said you would rip their ear off if you could. But basically There Is No Escape From A properly applied rear naked choke. And I did not want to talk about MMA on an internal martial art website. But seeing how you are so rude. I decided to say something. Perhaps if you were a bit nicer then I would show you the video and yes it was on this website and I'm sure that a lot of people have seen it here. Thank you for your kind words and attention. Oh and PS of course I'm talking about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu if I remember right I think that I made it clear that my MMA instructor actually trained Maurice Smith for the fight that he won in UFC 14 I believe
Last edited by willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie
Wuji
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 am

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby willie on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:33 am

Oh and Ian thank you for your f****** apology
willie
Wuji
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 am

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 am

Firstly Rhen don't make me join a club with Willie
Secondly if you think the clip shown is good it is no point replying to you you don't have eyes to see
I have taken on any challenge since the 70's but none of it is on film
My last encounter was with a student of a school who does seminars all over the place
As well as doing tai chi he was a karate black belt and a bjj blue belt
When he asked to test me I said do what you like
Punch kick grapple anything and I will try to keep up
I couldn't tell his age but he was young and fit and I was 66
The reason I did this was to see if I was fooling myself as I don't really push at all and haven't for 20 years
I left feeling vindicated
He was not a top person from that school but I had seen him pushing with their number one instructor on the Gold Coast and they were pretty even
Now that I have answered you Rhen I would love to see film of you
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 am

willie wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Huh, why would I think of a taijiquan guy as weak? Certainly, my teacher never struck me as weak. I just don't remember seeing you post any such video here, and I remember you showing up. In fact, I still think of you as a Ninja, as that was how your first introduced yourself when you said that you could get out of a rear naked choke with an eye gouge. A strange thing to say for a guy who "rolled" with black belts all the time. But wait, are we talking about BJJ? When you get specific, it turns into a kung fu guy. What that a roll, or more of a fight? I was just curious if you could share the video on this site. Or is it up on some other site that you could link to? I don't know what the army reserves have to do with anything. A very confused response. If the vid is of you and a kung fu guy, why bring up MMA, BJJ, and the military?
number one I never trained in ninjutsu I think I made that clear. I have trained with people who have trained in ninjutsu but never have officially taken it myself. And I never said anything about escaping a rear naked choke with an eye gouge either. I said you would rip their ear off if you could. But basically There Is No Escape From A properly applied rear naked choke. And I did not want to talk about MMA on an internal martial art website. But seeing how you are so rude. I decided to say something. Perhaps if you were a bit nicer then I would show you the video and yes it was on this website and I'm sure that a lot of people have seen it here. Thank you for your kind words and attention. Oh and PS of course I'm talking about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu if I remember right I think that I made it clear that my MMA instructor actually trained Maurice Smith for the fight that he won in UFC 14 I believe



You are absolutely right. It was "rip an ear off," not an eye gouge. Not sure how that's different, though. ;D Anyway, I was honestly just confused by what you were saying, but thanks for the clarification. I think it's pretty neat that you trained MMA and also have good taiji. A great mix, to be sure.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Yang Tai Chi Chuan — Choy Family System

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:04 am

willie wrote:Oh and Ian thank you for your f****** apology


:o
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Previous

Return to Video Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests