systema voodoo

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: systema voodoo

Postby Trick on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 pm

willie wrote:This is really a funny quote because, that entire set is actually from the noodle version of yang Style. The entire thing is just Tai Chi and then named something else to make it sellable, because of the damage that was already done to the Tai Chi name. Sure they put their own spin on it.

"he went in for the nipple twist as well, brutal.. that'd be more than enough to get me hopping around.".........Nipple twists in Taijiquan??..maybe there's where the "fingers go" 8-)
Trick

Postby willie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Trick wrote:
willie wrote:This is really a funny quote because, that entire set is actually from the noodle version of yang Style. The entire thing is just Tai Chi and then named something else to make it sellable, because of the damage that was already done to the Tai Chi name. Sure they put their own spin on it.

"he went in for the nipple twist as well, brutal.. that'd be more than enough to get me hopping around.".........Nipple twists in Taijiquan??..maybe there's where the "fingers go" 8-)
hi trick. I think I said that they put their own twist on it? I recognize that type of material because I actually did some material very similar to that a long time ago. It was a strange noodle type version of yang Style. The yielding part was just a way to get a Lively , yielding type reaction as opposed to no reaction at all. Basically like a game where one person would try to burn someone else with a very hot iron. You would yield in every way , correct? Of course there was a lot more to it than just that, but I think that you should get the point?
Last edited by willie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
willie

Postby Trick on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Willie. Yeah I just thought it was fun, added some quotes from the tread to fit it in(kind of) to the topic of another tread, nothing personal. I too have practiced the kind of noodle way of Taiji when I learned from a teacher who did the CMC style of yang Taiji , I liked it at the time.
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Willie. Yeah I just thought it was fun, added some quotes from the tread to fit it in(kind of) to the topic of another tread, nothing personal. I too have practiced the kind of noodle way of Taiji when I learned from a teacher who did the CMC style of yang Taiji , I liked it at the time.
Trick

Postby RobP3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:02 am

dspyrido wrote:
RobP3 wrote:Personally I find there's not much to be gained from discussing this kind of work, it really is a personal experience thing, then you can make your own conclusions

I am not about to get on a plane and go around the world in order to experience it. Straight out this looks exactly like all the other no touch stuff which to date has had a poor record of success on me.

Are you saying you've felt it and would fall over just because mikhail grinned inanely at you?

Or even this at 56s in where mr deadly blade master starts to gag with his hand in the air?

You don't have to, he travels all over the place. I know what it might look like and yes I've been to many of the "no touch" people too.
Yes I've felt various things with Mikhail and no I haven't fallen over just because etc etc

Like I said, it's an experience thing, just part of what he does and how he works.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 am

willie wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:The same people who call for reality in tai chi call this stuff real

This is really a funny quote because, that entire set is actually from the noodle version of yang Style. The entire thing is just Tai Chi and then named something else to make it sellable, because of the damage that was already done to the Tai Chi name. Sure they put their own spin on it.

Nope
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:04 am

Trick wrote:

;D
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby willie on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 am

RobP3 wrote:
willie wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:The same people who call for reality in tai chi call this stuff real

This is really a funny quote because, that entire set is actually from the noodle version of yang Style. The entire thing is just Tai Chi and then named something else to make it sellable, because of the damage that was already done to the Tai Chi name. Sure they put their own spin on it.

Nope
;D ;D
willie

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 am

So everyone here thinks this is legit
I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willie on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:35 am

wayne hansen wrote:So everyone here thinks this is legit

Wayne the question is, what does legit mean? I believe that what you're looking at is just training exercises. They are meant to increase awareness and responsiveness, that is all. of course I have never trained in that system , so I could be incorrect . but I have seen things very similar. Part of that appears to be just some sort of exercise to try to follow someone's intention. As far as what is legit in Tai Chi. That is a different matter.
Last edited by willie on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby Bao on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 am

Not everyone believe so...

What I do believe is that this Mikhael guy has a very good control over his students.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 am

You don't have to believe anything, or bow to anyone, you can try it first hand, then judge from your experience. That's it.
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby northern_mantis on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Not sure what is going on in this video but generally the videos of their work look like a better expression of Tai Chi than is most often seen from Tai Chi teachers. Good subtle work at the point of contact where strikes, throws, balance breaks etc. are all one continuum. Would definitely like to get hands on one day.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby I-mon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm

One thing I've seen in systema that helps perpetuate this sort of stuff is the culture of the teacher being allowed to punch or attack the student unpredictably at any moment during demonstrations, and the student is expected just to take it. This puts the students on edge any time they are within reach of the teacher's fists, and encourages them to fall over, roll, flinch or recoil preemptively whenever the teacher moves. I really like systema by the way.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:27 pm

I-mon wrote:teacher being allowed to punch or attack the student unpredictably at any moment ...

...and at any speed, usually significantly faster than the current pace of movements

And, as a side note...
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links