Sports & Classical Tai Chi

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Sports & Classical Tai Chi

Postby marvin8 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Classical Tai Chi
Published on May 19, 2017

How to generate power in baseball using Internal Discipline in Classical Tai Chi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzUSV_wQSwk

Classical Tai Chi

How to generate power in tennis by Roger Federer & Serena Williams using the internal discipline of Classical Tai Chi. Learn about Tai Chi Internal Discipline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuu881kl0Os

Classical Tai Chi

How top boxer Manny Pacquiao utilizes internal discipline of Classical Tai Chi to generate their power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKrh7gSZcVg
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Sports & Classical Tai Chi

Postby origami_itto on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am

I never really noticed the shoulder-hip harmony at the moment of impact before but it makes sense.

I'm starting to think of taijiquan less as a style and more as ... I don't know. Not a style. The thing that styles point to. For example, Connor Macgregor embodies many of the principles but I doubt he's ever studied it.

Point being, though, it's technology or an engine that can drive almost anything, not just hurting people.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am

oragami_itto wrote:
I'm starting to think of taijiquan less as a style and more as ... I don't know.

Haha, that's why the lineage holders created a 5-stage map. The inventors of the styles incorporated their highest
Ideal in the forms. The style is the applications from the forms
Last edited by willie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby origami_itto on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 pm

You've clearly grasped the central theme of the point.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I never really noticed the shoulder-hip harmony at the moment of impact before but it makes sense.

I'm starting to think of taijiquan less as a style and more as ... I don't know. Not a style. The thing that styles point to. For example, Connor Macgregor embodies many of the principles but I doubt he's ever studied it.

Point being, though, it's technology or an engine that can drive almost anything, not just hurting people.

Another point . . . Per Stephen Hwa, "external" sports athletes use internal body structure to generate internal power too. Although, the training methods are different from "internal" practitioners.

Per Hwa (and Miyamoto Musashi), there is more than one path to the top of the mountain.
Last edited by marvin8 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:22 pm

oragami_itto wrote: it's technology or an engine that can drive almost anything

definitely can help give improvements into many other areas of sports or whatever.

it's too bad "it" is not something anyone can agree on as to what "it" is, even on an IMA board, when we probably all can agree that it can help in many other ways. :-\ ;D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Return to Video Links