Facebook group: Dumb ass martial arts

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Facebook group: Dumb ass martial arts

Postby RobP3 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:59 am

Steve Rowe wrote:I hate these sites - who the f*ck are they to judge? The martial arts are a broad church and should be based on respect. This is just another form of social media bullying.

They never turn up to train or test, never post any of their own work, are usually anonymous and hide behind screen names. If he has his videos monetised, though, I'm sure he's doing ok out of it.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:39 pm

GrahamB wrote:Snowflakes, the lot of you. lol ;D

It is the dumbing down of society mate.

https://youtu.be/cKaWJ72x1rI
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Bao wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Exactly! Facebook can sit and spin.
I closed my account when I realized it was a complete waste of life and it was the best decision I ever made.
... Forget about it! Facebook is not what it was when it began and perhaps it never was but now more than ever it is clear that Facebook sucks!

If I didn’t have a need for FB for my job I had never opened an account. I work with social media on a daily basis and I hate them all, more or less. But... but... I am not as against FB as I have been. I am a member of a few international groups that share my interests, like a small movie group that is now secret so all trolls are kept away, and also a writers group where I can share short stories, read what others write and learn a heck a lot. Otherwise, I rarely care about what my friends write or share. All what I am saying is that I have found a use for FB. :) Much of what’s going on is fake and phony, but still, it’s not all wrong or bad. It’s rather what you focus on that turns it to what it is. Just ignore all trolls and all friends that irritates you. (you can unfollow them but still be a “friend”. ;) ) But I admire and envy you who don’t need the accounts.... :D

Yeah, I hear you but when you live near Silicon valley and see how valuable people'a personal information is you realize that nothing ia really free. People on facebook are paying facebook through each click and through their photos and personal information.

I had a couple of forums I got a lot of but the truth is when you consider how much time is spent on those forums you realize you can get that same information elsewhere without your birthday, relatives and location sold to third parties.

I look forward to the day facebook becomes a dinosaur like yahoo and AOL. Although it will just be replaced by another corporation.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, a Facebook account is like a firearm. Someone will always find a way to misuse it.

Facebook itself is misusing it.

Kick the addiction.

https://youtu.be/hDX3T2z89yM
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:32 pm

RobP3 wrote:
Steve Rowe wrote:I hate these sites - who the f*ck are they to judge? The martial arts are a broad church and should be based on respect. This is just another form of social media bullying.

They never turn up to train or test, never post any of their own work, are usually anonymous and hide behind screen names. If he has his videos monetised, though, I'm sure he's doing ok out of it.

Yeah, basically these people take a training method and make fun of it without understanding what is happening or why.

I have your DVD and you guys break everything down step by step.

I have to wonder why anyone would devote so much time belittling people and martial arts they know nothing about.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Meh, I can see how someone who works full time with no need of networking could dismiss the utility of facebook.

It's invaluable to me. I stay connected to various networks of scholars and colleagues as well as former professors. I regularly get invites or am made aware of museum exhibits. I also learn about just as many conferences via FB as I do via emails though Hnet and my department.

This Christmas, I was even tracked down by several old friends here in Japan who I had not seen in years. One invited me to a fabulous Xmas party which led to several great opportunities and the other sent me a box of fresh fruit and wine from his farm in Niigata.

FB has been and continues to be a great networking tool for me. I can see that this is likely because of my current activities and lifestyle, though.

I agree there is no point in arguing with people on FB nor is it a good place to get news.

I don't really see abandoning FB unless I leave academia.

Just my 2 cents.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Who said I work full-time?

Life goes on with or without facebook.

I would often take weeks or months of facebook and found that when I did I got more done.

Of course do as you wish but for me I like having an extra half hour a day to get more done and not being like everyone else constantly staring down and living life through my phone without a clue as to what is happening right in front of them.

Then consider how facebook sells and mines your data and why bother?

My life is more interesting without facebook.

My recommendation? Try life without facebook for a week and see what you prefer.

As far as friends texting, email and the phone work fine for me.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Greg J on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 pm

grzegorz wrote:
Facebook can sit and spin.

Hahahaha! This expression takes me back. And I agree with just about everything you've said re: Facebook.

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:03 am

If it wasn't for Facebook I wouldn't have discovered the ideas of Jordan Peterson and thought - wow, that's pretty interesting...

....and if it wasn't for Facebook I wouldn't have seen him repost horribly fake news stories, which is exactly what he accuses other people of doing against him... and thought, hmmm.... you're just like everybody else....

...so that was a good thing as well.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:43 am

If it were not for facebook I would have thought Sigman was a somewhat decent bloke just misunderstood yet facebook proved otherwise.

Facebook is nothing more than toilet that needs to be flushed but addictions are hard to kick.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:46 am

Guns don't kill people. Facebook kills people!
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am

GrahamB wrote:Guns don't kill people. Facebook kills people!

Actually many women have been killed by facebook stalkers. Meanwhile the coorperation laughs themselves all the way to the bank. One of many stories.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/10/25/world/af ... index.html
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am

In the UK too.

https://youtu.be/WsbYHI-rZOE

This harrowing film shows how a tragic 15-year-old schoolgirl was groomed over Facebook before being raped and murdered.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/d ... ok-9560118
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 am

I'm pretty sure that every conceivable communication device - the telephone, email, letters, Facebook, Yahoo messenger, gmail - not to mention vehicles, public transport and airplanes - have all been used by men to stalk women... what's your point, exactly?
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:10 am

Watch the videos and wake up already.

Those assholes sell you and your family's information so they can get the newest Tesla and cut me off in traffic. I know them and meet them and they don't give a damn how facebook gets abused. They are no different than a drug pusher standing on the street corner trying to get you hooked on rush.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links