Martial Man - Adam Mizner revisited

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Martial Man - Adam Mizner revisited - Chin na

Postby Trick on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:41 am

Didn't know anything about this Adam Mizner before reading about him on here. I can not access YouTube but found some video clips on the Chinese tubes, some of the things he show I can feel a little skeptical about but would not be on a critic mood about it but mostly it all looks pretty good, the guy seem to got skills.
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 am

Trick wrote:
GrahamB wrote:but let's not forget that haircut as well. We need to talk about that.

East Asian barbers have mostly not yet got the necessary gung-fu to deal with fair haired foreign Devils, although monk-cut can always be done

Oh, believe it, he's done the monk cut. Complete with combat pants and full on throne.

Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:18 am

GrahamB wrote:Oh, believe it, he's done the monk cut. Complete with combat pants and full on throne.

Like Bao and others say, there's the (internal) martial arts ability on the one hand, and the personality, image, guru stuff etc. on the other. You can like both, you can like one but not the other, you can like neither. But it's better not to throw them all into one pot.

Speaking generally, when it comes to choosing a teacher you can consider which of these aspects is more important for you, or whether both aspects are important. And then choose accordingly.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 am

Could be... or maybe the power of his amulet compelled you to write that... hard to say...
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 am

Indeed. Maybe I'm just a bot...
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:53 am

windwalker wrote:
Bao wrote:
Honestly, I have got fed up with all of the personal attacks everywhere. Most things addressed in MA discussions seems to be completely personal stuff. It's about how people act, behave, what they do bad, their haircuts.... Mostly critique in a very negative, personal way. I don't get it. :-\

Well said. ;)

Don't forget political nonsense!
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Bao wrote:Did you just want to advertise or do you have anything to say about the vid?

You have watched it, right?

Just wanted to share the video, but can't link directly so copied the accompanying text with link as is the usual custom round here. I get no money from anybody to do anything.

The entire 42 minutes or so of video are very interesting. I'm very much looking forward to hearing what the lot of you have to say about it when it goes youtube public.

Thanks for sharing the video and info. Kieren does a good job producing his shows with IMA people, cameras, sound equipment, questions, and topics. I like Adam because he covers various IMA concepts and demonstrates their application outside of push hands, starting from a more realistic range with entry and timing. Having said that, I may not believe everything I see.

If one has criticisms about Adam's presentations—which is fair game, it is more interesting to hear a better explanation, video or have a discussion on the content of the video itself.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 am

marvin8 wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:
Bao wrote:Did you just want to advertise or do you have anything to say about the vid?

You have watched it, right?

Just wanted to share the video, but can't link directly so copied the accompanying text with link as is the usual custom round here. I get no money from anybody to do anything.

The entire 42 minutes or so of video are very interesting. I'm very much looking forward to hearing what the lot of you have to say about it when it goes youtube public.

Thanks for sharing the video and info. Kieren does a good job producing his shows with IMA people, cameras, sound equipment, questions, and topics. I like Adam because he covers various IMA concepts and demonstrates their application outside of push hands, starting from a more realistic range with entry and timing. Having said that, I may not believe everything I see.

If one has criticisms about Adam's presentations—which is fair game, it is more interesting to hear a better explanation, video or have a discussion on the content of the video itself.

I noticed this morning that the "revisited" interview is no longer in the "members only" section. So should be publicly viewable.

Not sure if I should post here or give it it's own thread, what you think?
Free Tai Chi Classes
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am

oragami_itto wrote:I noticed this morning that the "revisited" interview is no longer in the "members only" section. So should be publicly viewable.

You can edit the OP and adjust title, if necessary. Just a suggestion.
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby willie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 am

GrahamB wrote:
Oh, believe it, he's done the monk cut. Complete with combat pants and full on throne.

you sound jealous. Truthfully I don't think that there was anything wrong with his video. He has obviously got into the spiritual aspects of the Asian culture and I don't think that there is nothing wrong with that. It's just how it is. What is strange looking or appearing it's probably just the fact that he is a non-asian practicing in an Asian art form. I think that your attempt to make a mockery of his beliefs has actually worked the other way, because I think a lot of people are looking for what he has. He obviously looks very happy with his life. Are you?
Last edited by willie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
willie

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:57 am

Jesus. If I ever end up sitting on a throne bestowing blessings on my followers then you have my permission to shoot me Willie. fo' sure.

Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby willie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 am

GrahamB wrote:Jesus. If I ever end up sitting on a throne bestowing blessings on my followers then you have my permission to shoot me Willie. fo' sure.

haha. I don't hate you. In fact I have a feeling that you're one of the better martial artist the site. But here's the thing, if that's the way the Buddhists are there then why wouldn't he assumed the role?
willie

Postby GrahamB on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:58 am

ha! Why not, I guess?

(from As You Like It, spoken by Jaques)

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms;
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress’ eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon’s mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lin’d,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper’d pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well sav’d, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion;
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 pm

marvin8 wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:I noticed this morning that the "revisited" interview is no longer in the "members only" section. So should be publicly viewable.

You can edit the OP and adjust title, if necessary. Just a suggestion.

Alas upon further inspection I appear to have mistaken the sales funnel for the release page.

There is, however, another five minute clip with striking:
https://www.facebook.com/themartialman/ ... 075748741/
Free Tai Chi Classes
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby willie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:06 pm

GrahamB wrote:ha! Why not, I guess?

(from As You Like It, spoken by Jaques)

All the world’s a stage,
hi Graham. I've never been very good at deciphering poems. I've always been more practical and forthcoming.
A couple Towns over from me is a place that is very uppity. It has some very nice restaurants that I like to bring my girlfriend to. A few years ago there was a white guy who was dressed up as a Tibetan monk wearing the orange gown the sandals, the whole bit. To me I just thought of him as a street performer or something. I instantly did not like him and I thought that he was just trying to get over on people. Then the next summer I seen two Tibetans walking around wearing the same robes. They were real Tibetan Monks. They were walking around a very busy downtown wearing the same robes and the same brown sandals. But for some reason I didn't have the same feeling that they were not legitimate. So when I think of Adam and what he's doing and I consider that he is in Thailand for like 10 years or something like that, then maybe that's just who he became.
Last edited by willie on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links