Adam Mizner's top student tested (push hands)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Adam Mizner's top student tested (push hands)

Postby Bao on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:30 am

wayne hansen wrote:What is your lineage Bao and what parts of the art do you practice

I'll try to figure out how to sum up my lineage and send you a PM.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 am

I will keep my opinions to myself for a change but I will say this much that Mizner knows how to get his name out there which is the only way to successful in this business.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Rhen on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:34 am

Adam's guy who got destroyed in MMA, i guess he was'nt using "stick to the jab" Hwa and Fa very well. didnt even survive the round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFCH7O5Uhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7go2ql4ZU

Rhen

Postby marvin8 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:05 am

Rhen wrote:Adam's guy who got destroyed in MMA, i guess he was'nt using "stick to the jab" Hwa and Fa very well. didnt even survive the round.

"MMA isn't real fighting. It's a sport with rules . . ." :P
marvin8
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 am

grzegorz wrote:I will keep my opinions to myself for a change but I will say this much that Mizner knows how to get his name out there which is the only way to successful in this business.

And he's got a damn fine online course. If there are folks better, they should put together some material and start banking on it.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 am

oragami_itto wrote:
grzegorz wrote:I will keep my opinions to myself for a change but I will say this much that Mizner knows how to get his name out there which is the only way to successful in this business.

And he's got a damn fine online course. If there are folks better, they should put together some material and start banking on it.

I don’t doubt that the material is good. My question is about how many will show persistence and discipline to actually take the course, to practice alone by themselves. Do you know how many language courses people buy but don’t take? Or how many times in general a person use a cookbook they buy? Or how many times in general a person use an exercise bike? I can tell you the answer on the last question. It’s one (1).

I can imagine that an internet course in Tai Chi can be a great business model. You could sell a lot if you are good at marketing. But only maybe 2% will continue. The best thing is that you don’t even have to meet the people who quit. You just take their money.
Last edited by Bao on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Rhen wrote:Adam's guy who got destroyed in MMA, i guess he was'nt using "stick to the jab" Hwa and Fa very well. didnt even survive the round.

Considering how MMA is now a professional sport much like NFL I am not surprised that the better athlete won. Anyone who trains at an MMA gym finds out where they are in the pecking fairly fast. Out if 100 fighters only the top 3 or 5 are willing to compete in the cage.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Aqui on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFCH7O5Uhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7go2ql4ZU

Well, there are no names or anything attached to these videos... ::)

Before you make claims like "Adam's student" please give us some truth that the guy actually is Adam's student. I need his name and since he trains with Adam, thank you.

Best Aqui

PS: I don't say the guy isn't Adam's student or anyones student for that matter, I just need a bit more then your claim and a no name video.
Aqui
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 pm

grzegorz wrote:

Considering how MMA is now a professional sport much like NFL I am not surprised that the better athlete won. Anyone who trains at an MMA gym finds out where they are in the pecking fairly fast. Out if 100 fighters only the top 3 or 5 are willing to compete in the cage.

Neither one seems to be a supreme athlete
There fighting is also low level
If the guy is Adams student he doesn't use ant tai chi to avoid the pounding
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 pm

When did I say supreme athlete?

Competition was never my thing but I respect a TJQ guy getting in there. If you want to be good at MMA then you should train in an MMA gym.

My views of Adam are mixed. For me, iit is hard to judge what is happening without being there but I understand that you need to market to survive in this business in the West.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 pm

So NFL players are not supreme athletes
That is what you hinted at
Neither fighter seemed very fit or skilled
It's not about having the courage to get in there
If that was the main fact we would be praising the guy in China who got his ass whipped
It is if the things one teaches actually apply to a situation
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:12 pm

You can always put your money where your mouth is and challnge the fighter to a cross fit competition.

NFL players are world athletes. Is each and every MMA fighter? I don't know but in the United Shates they are usually very fit as I imagine these men were.

Here is my actual quote. You misunderstood me.

grzegorz wrote:Considering how MMA is now a professional sport much like NFL I am not surprised that the better athlete won. Anyone who trains at an MMA gym finds out where they are in the pecking fairly fast. Out if 100 fighters only the top 3 or 5 are willing to compete in the cage.

Go ahead and criticize. I think that is part of marketing. The only reason I know half of these youtube kungfu instructors because of all the haters.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Aqui wrote:
Well, there are no names or anything attached to these videos... ::)

Before you make claims like "Adam's student" please give us some truth that the guy actually is Adam's student. I need his name and since he trains with Adam, thank you.

Best Aqui

PS: I don't say the guy isn't Adam's student or anyones student for that matter, I just need a bit more then your claim and a no name video.

This whole thread is why I pursued a good union job over teaching MAs. I deal with crap everyday but the fact that KF people love to kick a man down who wanted to test his skills is too much bs for me to handle. The bloke is the video could have been any of us.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm

I don't think either of those fighters would fare well in a cross fit competition
In the past I did my share of competition but MMA didn't exist then
However I played rugby league and rugby union at a high level and wrestled with my two cousins who were both Australian champions
All that said all I am talking about is what is shown here if it impresses you good
Teaching is not about money it is about keepin a lineage alive
I was a good Union man and taught at the same time so I don't get your point
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:16 pm

During peak I work 70 hours a week.

No time to teach. Put up a video and everyone is an expert, no thanks.

Anyway, I didn't say I was impressed. I think you are misleading me again what I said is I respect people willing to challenge themselves.

As far as I know their is no age limit to MMA.

Just saying...
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links