Small Circle Training London — Andy Mack

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Small Circle Training London — Andy Mack

Postby marvin8 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Discover Taiji
Published on Mar 3, 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBd-9MOi5zE
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Small Circle Training London — Andy Mack

Postby Aqui on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Very interesting piece of info concerning Andy I recently picked up:
On FB Andy Mack stated, that he does lots of Pole Shaking to build IP. When asked he said that he was taught directly ba Adam Mizner and that the Pole Shaking is not part of the Discover Taiji syllabus but is only taught directly by Mizner.
I was kind of dissapointed when I heard this, it seems Mizner's obviously holding the power building stuff back... :(
This kind of explains the muscular body of Mizner and Andy.
Aqui
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Just for future reference who on this site is in this clip
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby charles on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 pm

what aspect of the training show in the video is "small circle"?
charles
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:01 am

Aqui wrote:Very interesting piece of info concerning Andy I recently picked up:
On FB Andy Mack stated, that he does lots of Pole Shaking to build IP. When asked he said that he was taught directly ba Adam Mizner and that the Pole Shaking is not part of the Discover Taiji syllabus but is only taught directly by Mizner.
I was kind of dissapointed when I heard this, it seems Mizner's obviously holding the power building stuff back... :(
This kind of explains the muscular body of Mizner and Andy.

IP is related to "muscular body"? Really?

If so, why not just do weight training?
Stable Genius.
Winky Faces Make Your Texts Sarcastic, Scientists Say
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Aqui on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:32 am

GrahamB wrote:IP is related to "muscular body"? Really?

If you do Pole Shaking daily for long periods (I talk hours not minutes) so that a lot of IP gets developed (like Andy Mack and Mizner do) then your physique will change A LOT !!!

Well, because (standart) weight training will not build IP but standart raw muscular strength...
Aqui
Anjing

Postby cloudz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 am

GrahamB wrote:

I wouldn't worry, he's been accused of that too :D
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:51 am

charles wrote:what aspect of the training show in the video is "small circle"?

Hello Charles,

This clip came up on my facebook feed the other week.
What I took away from it is that if you observe the way they are doing the technique against the shoulder pushing near the start of the clip and compare to how it's performed near the end of the clip; You may observe that it's gone form 'large' to 'small'.

regards
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:58 am

Aqui wrote:If you do Pole Shaking daily for long periods (I talk hours not minutes) so that a lot of IP gets developed (like Andy Mack and Mizner do) then your physique will change A LOT !!!

Why would anyone want to practice pole shaking for hours every day? :-\

Why would the outer physique change if you practice IP? :-\
Last edited by Bao on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:05 am

Aqui wrote:Well, because (standart) weight training will not build IP but standart raw muscular strength...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVcuH8DuB_Y

Here you have a vid with Adam's top disciple Curtis. Do you think he use hard, brute strength or IP? Do you believe that his big muscles a result from strength training/body building or IP practice?
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby charles on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:45 am

cloudz wrote:What I took away from it is that if you observe the way they are doing the technique against the shoulder pushing near the start of the clip and compare to how it's performed near the end of the clip; You may observe that it's gone form 'large' to 'small'.

It appears we have a different understanding of "small circle" and its training.
charles
Wuji

Postby charles on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 am

Aqui wrote:If you do Pole Shaking daily for long periods (I talk hours not minutes) so that a lot of IP gets developed (like Andy Mack and Mizner do) then your physique will change A LOT !!!

It has been reported that Chen Fake's favourite practice was the long pole, which he is said to have practiced extensively. Based on photos, he was very thin and lanky. That suggests that practice of the long pole doesn't necessarily give one a large, muscular build. It doesn't tell us anything about Mr. Mizner and his students.
charles
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 am

charles wrote:
cloudz wrote:What I took away from it is that if you observe the way they are doing the technique against the shoulder pushing near the start of the clip and compare to how it's performed near the end of the clip; You may observe that it's gone form 'large' to 'small'.

It appears we have a different understanding of "small circle" and its training.

We may do, I wouldn't know. But all I offered you was what I thought the clip title refered to within the clip itself. You seem to have extrapulated an awful lot from that.

My understanding, my training.. my my, it's as if you could tell me all about it !
That is pretty Impressive, even for you.
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby charles on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 am

cloudz wrote:We may do, I wouldn't know. But all I offered you was what I thought the clip title refered to within the clip itself.

Thank you for your input.

You seem to have extrapulated an awful lot from that.

My understanding, my training.. my my, it's as if you could tell me all about it !
That is pretty Impressive, even for you.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant was that it appears there are differing understandings and interpretations about what "small circle" is or means. I didn't mean to imply anything about you, specifically, or your training or what you do or do not know. The term "we" was intended to be a general plurality, not you and me, specifically. I should not have used the vague term "we" since it can be interpreted in ways that I did not intend. Effective communication is to eliminate the possibility of misinterpretation of what was said. Clearly, my communication was not effective. My apologies for offending you.
charles
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 am

Bao wrote:
Aqui wrote:Well, because (standart) weight training will not build IP but standart raw muscular strength...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVcuH8DuB_Y

Here you have a vid with Adam's top disciple Curtis. Do you think he use hard, brute strength or IP? Do you believe that his big muscles a result from strength training/body building or IP practice?

I'd say some kind of weight training
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links