Does anyone recognize this teacher?

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Does anyone recognize this teacher?

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:26 am

Btw, afa the number of movements, he's doing the entire form in a small space; so, he is constantly adjusting his footwork.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Yes he may well of cut the number of brush Knee,s short due to space
However if you went to the trouble of filming the form back then you think you would choose a space where you can do the whole form
The reason I mentioned the diagonal single whip is I think that is one of the shortcomings in the 37 that they don't have the two versions
I can see why Cheng doesn't have them due to the abridged form only having one diagonal section but I can't see why the others don't
I know all those that trained in the early days most likely influenced each other and accept that
There are things in his form that I have seen in our form and nowhere else
With regard to chengs style of movement people get confused with external appearance and internal dynamics
Most people are influenced by one or two of chengs famous students and their interpretation or films that Cheng did on one place at one time
Remember Cheng was pushing the barrow of simplified tai chi for the masses
That was not how he taught everyone
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:55 pm

However if you went to the trouble of filming the form back then you think you would choose a space where you can do the whole form

At the time, it was probably for goofs, not for serious analysis or transmission. This was a private video. It just turns out that it is a record.

There was a YSC (iinm) video that was posted not so many years ago. There was a big fuss about it because it was supposed to be private. I'm not sure if he demoed the entire long form; but, my point is that it wasn't meant to be an official demonstration.

Anyway, I don't think it matters if a form "movement" isn't in a "form." They're all applications of the same principles.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links