Many Do Not Believe Bruce Lee Can Fight

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Many Do Not Believe Bruce Lee Can Fight

Postby Strange on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:13 am

i count a minimum of 2 ribs broken and ruptured spleen ;D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: Many Do Not Believe Bruce Lee Can Fight

Postby GrahamB on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:25 am

Somehow people get kicked n Mma all the time but ruptured spleens are rare. Broken ribs are more likely.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:56 pm

This is not MMA, Graham, these are ACTORS! Do you have any idea how deadly actors are??!??

If professional fighters were as deadly as actors, they wouldn't have to employ crude tactics like forward pressure and keeping their guards up...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm

no one deadlier than actors. obviously if steven seagall trains you, like he trained anderson silva, your mma iq goes sky high. you can suddenly incorporate ancient aikido rarely seen.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:23 pm

i have never seen someone who sells and repair spectacles that can fight
the next time ppl tell me than Cheng TingHua can run circles around me, i be calling him a liar

I have never seen a watch repair guys that can fight
so the next time some guy tell me Song ShiRong and ShiDe (two of the eight disciples of Old Farmer) can fight,
i will say he's dreaming

If someone comes along and say an actor is the forefather of mma; remind to tell him that he needs to get his
head checked.
unless of course, we're talking about Bruce, who happens adopt techniques what the thinks is the best
no matter where they came from

it amazes me how ppl who trained the physical, just stop at the physical
for the mind? nothing
Last edited by Strange on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby RickMatz on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:25 pm

The guy on the left was using Golden Bell Cover to stuff Bruce Lee's kick.
RickMatz
Huajing

Postby Trick on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Strange wrote:i have never seen someone who sells and repair spectacles that can fight

Ha, in high school(I think it was) everyone was assigned to a workplace for a week I landed in a spectacles shop, one of the guys there had been a national judo champ....Ok, I never saw him fight but a champ he was 8-)
Trick

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Wasn't that the film he was making with Shek Kin where Shek took him out the back and told him not to be a naughty boy
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:14 pm

yeah Trick, you tell'em; but i doubt they listen

yes, from the way the guy is outfitted; he looks to me like a
stunt double for Shek Kin
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:50 am

There are Bruce Lee lineage much influenced by either Kali or western boxing.
But if you look his clips carefully, his mobility does not mean he moves redundantly.
You can feel the stillness of calm beast, you don’t know WHEN he is going to strike.

After all, if you cannot express what you mean then you do not mean what you express~

Yes, it’s explosive, but yes there is stillness. Don’t say evenly matched if there are redundant movements.
Last edited by Overlord on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby Bhassler on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:08 am

Strange wrote:it amazes me how ppl who trained the physical, just stop at the physical
for the mind? nothing

Better to do nothing for the mind that to fill it with delusions.

The video was presented as proof that Bruce Lee could fight. The only thing it proves is that Bruce was really, really fast, which everyone knew already. Why stand there with your hands down waiting for the really, really fast guy to do something? Why react to a hand feint that was done from out of range? Even if it was moving into range, why try to block a full body lunge by waving one arm in the air with nothing behind it? As I said originally, forward pressure and a decent guard negates a lot of the speed advantage. That is basic stuff. It's easiest to find in MMA, but any real fighting system has means to address it.

There's a reason CMA guys continue to get stomped in any kind of open format, and the propagation of delusional belief systems about the special power of their own shit is a big part of it.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:27 am

Bhassler wrote:
Strange wrote:it amazes me how ppl who trained the physical, just stop at the physical
for the mind? nothing

Better to do nothing for the mind that to fill it with delusions.

The video was presented as proof that Bruce Lee could fight. The only thing it proves is that Bruce was really, really fast, which everyone knew already.

As presented by the TS. not the publisher of the video. It displays more than "speed." Bruce made conscious efforts to educate the audience on his martial art. It shows: distance control/deception, #4 of JKD's Five Ways of Attack, Progressive Indirect Attack which includes feinting (lure), listen to opponent's reaction, control, and issuing force (although I think Bruce should have extended the kick a little more).

Here is a what the publisher stated in the comments section:
Beerdy - Bruce Lee Central 2 months ago wrote:Yeah yeah, I know he wasn't actually challenging Bruce. But he was arguing with him regarding what kind of distance to use for the scene. He was claiming that Bruce was too far away from him, but as you can see Bruce taught him a LESSON in martial arts. Never question the boss baby. That kick would have sent him to the hospital, or worse.

On the same set Bruce did prove he could "fight" in front of witnesses.
Beerdy - Bruce Lee Central on Sep 14, 2017 wrote:On the set of Enter The Dragon a bunch of guys wanted to challenge Bruce Lee to a fight, this is very common in chinese culture, to challenge the leader or the one considered to be the best. And if you win the challenge, you are now considered to be the best, so you can imagine how many wanted to beat Bruce Lee himself, and you can imagine the legend staus you would recieve if you beat him. But of course, it's easier said than done, as this extra experienced. Throughout Bruce Lee's life he's been challenged like this, and he never lost a fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th-R3As8XUM

Bhassler wrote:Why stand there with your hands down waiting for the really, really fast guy to do something? Why react to a hand feint that was done from out of range? Even if it was moving into range, why try to block a full body lunge by waving one arm in the air with nothing behind it?

Because, Bruce lead him by giving him a false sense of security. He didn't realize Bruce's ability to bridge the gap. It's a fight scene concept. Maybe the camera angle made them seem closer. Some people's natural reaction is to catch a jab with the lead hand, nothing unusual. I see it more as a jab. Bruce showed speed, as well as good timing.

Bhassler wrote:As I said originally, forward pressure and a decent guard negates a lot of the speed advantage. That is basic stuff. It's easiest to find in MMA, but any real fighting system has means to address it.

What is the advanced "stuff?"

Bhassler wrote:There's a reason CMA guys continue to get stomped in any kind of open format, and the propagation of delusional belief systems about the special power of their own shit is a big part of it.

One reason may be that they believe in their "special powers" and don't develop competency in "basic" fighting skills.
Last edited by marvin8 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 pm

grzegorz wrote:Watch "Bruce Lee's Only Real Fight Ever Recorded! New Amazing Footage" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/yQM6kMYD2Xc
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Bhassler, i can see there's no fooling you
from your post i can see that you are the most undelusional poster on this forum
your shit is so straight, physicist like Hawking have to take reference from it for calibrating lasers
i'm seriously, it might be a good idea to check the straightness of my beng against your undelusion
am i a smart guy or what?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:21 pm

marvin8 wrote:As presented by the TS. not the publisher of the video.

Fair enough.

marvin8 wrote:On the same set Bruce did prove he could "fight" in front of witnesses.
Beerdy - Bruce Lee Central on Sep 14, 2017 wrote:On the set of Enter The Dragon a bunch of guys wanted to challenge Bruce Lee to a fight, this is very common in chinese culture, to challenge the leader or the one considered to be the best. And if you win the challenge, you are now considered to be the best, so you can imagine how many wanted to beat Bruce Lee himself, and you can imagine the legend staus you would recieve if you beat him. But of course, it's easier said than done, as this extra experienced. Throughout Bruce Lee's life he's been challenged like this, and he never lost a fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th-R3As8XUM

Again, that's not a fight-- the only thing it proves (if true) is that Bruce could win a dick measuring contest. It's been a couple of decades since I read it, but I think it was in Jacky Chan's biography where he recounted the same incident as Bruce proving himself to the stuntmen by kicking a pad and launching them back several feet. Whether Jacky's ghostwriter cleaned it up for American family sensibilities or whether the BBC guy's source embellished the incident, we may never know. Or at least, I may never know, because it doesn't relate to anything one way or the other and I can't be bothered to research it further. Trading kicks may show a skill in the same way that push hands can show a skill, but not too many folks nowadays believe that push hands is enough to make one a competent fighter.

marvin8 wrote:
Bhassler wrote:Why stand there with your hands down waiting for the really, really fast guy to do something? Why react to a hand feint that was done from out of range? Even if it was moving into range, why try to block a full body lunge by waving one arm in the air with nothing behind it?

Because, Bruce lead him by giving him a false sense of security. He didn't realize Bruce's ability to bridge the gap. It's a fight scene concept. Maybe the camera angle made them seem closer. Some people's natural reaction is to catch a jab with the lead hand, nothing unusual. I see it more as a jab. Bruce showed speed, as well as good timing.

Not saying Bruce wasn't good or couldn't fight or anything else, just pointing out some glaring deficiencies in the so-called "evidence" of Bruce's prowess.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links