He Jinghan show how to slap hands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

He Jinghan show how to slap hands

Postby Bao on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 am

拍拍手, just a short, simple slap happy vid from Mr He jinghan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl7uxV-EP_I

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Re: He Jinghan show how to slap hands

Postby wiesiek on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 am

some
explanations in pigeon English could be nice...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Bao on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 am

He show how to slap an arm and where to make the opponent feel as much pain as possible.

Showing on the first student:
"Slap, slap hard."
"Here is were you slap"
"you should slap so it hurts"

Then the other student foolishly asks He about where to slap.
"Give me your arm, I'll show you."
"This hurts, right"?
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Bao wrote:He show how to slap an arm and where to make the opponent feel as much pain as possible.

Showing on the first student:
"Slap, slap hard."
"Here is were you slap"
"you should slap so it hurts"

Then the other student foolishly asks He about where to slap.
"Give me your arm, I'll show you."
"This hurts, right"?

Most tech like these have some type of specialty hand that has to be developed to really make it useful .
An example

The “Burning Hand,” was Mr. Long’s signature technique, and he was quite open about teaching it those who wanted to learn it. It was an “internal” specialty, different from “external” pushing power. More a slap than a hit, Mr. Long would sometimes place a phone book on your shoulder and give it one of those “slaps.”

You could feel two things coming through the phone book. The first was a push (the external component) that would set you back a foot or two. That was to be expected, but it wasn’t anything to worry about. It was the second thing that was nasty... a sharp, stinging sensation that penetrated your shoulder.

This second force seemed to follow the more external, first force. It seemed to lag behind. But the external force was then gone in an instant, while the stinging second force stayed -- and grew.

Now, I am not a gullible person, and it was going to take more than a trickle of this second force through a phone book to convince me that this slapping stuff was anything much. And so it was that Mr. Long deflected my punch with a slap…just a little too hard. And as a result, my arm locked out in front of me, as if frozen, while a searing pain moved through the flexor muscle compartment of my forearm. My jaw clenched shut as I could feel beads of sweat forming on my face. Mr. Long continued to yack away at the other students, unaware of my predicament. I was struggling to breath, actually. I couldn’t move, actually. But out of the corner of my eye, I could see the other students now looking at me with some concern.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26046&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=burning+plam

I've felt this also in my time, where ever used it does tend to numb out that part of the body rending it useless
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 am

You could feel two things coming through the phone book. The first was a push (the external component) that would set you back a foot or two. That was to be expected, but it wasn’t anything to worry about. It was the second thing that was nasty... a sharp, stinging sensation that penetrated your shoulder.

This second force seemed to follow the more external, first force. It seemed to lag behind. But the external force was then gone in an instant, while the stinging second force stayed -- and grew.

Mmm... that is a strange phenomena, that there's a second wave that comes after the physical impact. Have experienced it many times in practice from both others and from my own palm strikes and punches. Don't really know how to explain it. I have no idea if it could numb an arm, but I suspect that the burning palm is something different. Maybe more a special way to condition the palm? I've heard about similar sensations from Iron Palm practitioners.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am

Mmm... that is a strange phenomena, that there's a second wave that comes after the physical impact.

Remembering that the body is essentially a watery bag with some sticks and rubber like bands around it the mechanics of how force travels into and through it can be quite complex. But this phenomina is, IMO, due to wave mechanics where after the initial impact there is a returning wave that rattles around the body, often meeting further penetrating waves. When you tune into the right way to produce this wave effect inside the body it is relatively simple to achieve provide the other body qualities are there.

Note after effects from the initial 'impact' of the bullet.

On the arm I have had the experience where i have made someone go white, have to sit down and then vomit from a short range arm hit. IMO when the force of the strike enters the bone in a specific way, the body is fooled into thinking the bone is broken and this causes the sort of pain/ imobilization described. Also, as with broken bones, it can have the effect of making people feel sick. It is not how hard you hit in this instance, but how the force enters the structure.

Slaps to the limbs are a great tool IMO for both damage and capturing the centre to off balance.

thanks.
Last edited by middleway on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 am

Interesting, very interesting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:51 am

aaa,
I get it ,
easy does it, like 1,2,3,
you just need 7 years of iron palm work out before try...:)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:08 am

wiesiek wrote:aaa,
I get it ,

What a waste of time if the first encounter is with an iron-arm master 8-)
Trick

Postby windwalker on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 am

wiesiek wrote:aaa,
I get it ,

More like 2 to 3 yrs depending on the training, quite reasonable.
Its tested all along the development of it. There is a progression of materials used
that one uses to train the hands. In gen only one hand is trained as it tends to lose feeling
quite noticeable in shaking hands or common things that people do.

Regardless of arm conditioning whats called burning hand,has quality to it that can not be conditioned against.
I've found it rather unique in this aspect.

We used to develop what was called iron arms using iron rings and cutting arm using hanging bags of small pebbles
among other things as part of the process...All of which I often wonder about now being a little bit old :-\ ...the training
as I remember it could not be really described as healthy for the body, some of it actually designed to deaden
the nerves to impact pain.

While I never trained it fromally I did informally and was able to leave a hand print
through a US phone book at one time static testing on training partners.

Sparring with those who boxed I did slap the inner side of a
quick jab while stepping out of the way....The effect was imidate on my sparring partner. His arm dropped, he looked
like was trying to throw up, and was cursing me out asking what I did. I thought he was just messing around but he wasn't.

The ability at least as I know it seems to fade away without constantly training it.
My power delivery system is quite different now its no longer a part of, or needed
as part the work I do ...
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:40 am

If the practice deadens the nerves in parts of the body, then it would be contrary to Taijiquan sensitivity training (sticky hands).
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 am

Ron Panunto wrote:If the practice deadens the nerves in parts of the body, then it would be contrary to Taijiquan sensitivity training (sticky hands).

Burning hand, IME not a part of the taiji syllabus. There are also other aspects about the practice that do not fit in well, I started to bring it back into my
practice again but found it really is contrary to what I do now..

As always there are always exception just speaking from my experince. Part of the training involved basically cooking the hand being trained in
very hot jow....the jow itself had to be real, usually a recipe that was kept within the school or
treaches tradition not something shared with outsiders.

Sam one of my first taiji teachers', teacher, had trained hard style kung fu, when he was younger,
later he was advised to practice taiji to recover his hands. Even so he still retained the effects of his earler training.

"Sam, as he liked to be called was in many ways ahead of his time. Having come from a hard style back ground his hands were gnarled not with age but with the training he did as a much younger man toughing them on coconut trees growing on the island. I can still hear him in his Hawaiian accented pidgin English, “and now we use the good old American right hook ” when going over how his taiji worked."
https://journeytoemptiness.com/2017/06/30/outlaw-taiji/

Last edited by windwalker on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Return to Video Links