Taiji vs BJJ competition

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiji vs BJJ competition

Postby GrahamB on Mon May 28, 2018 2:09 am

It's all in Chinese, but I believe this is a Shuaijiao (edit no he's Taichi) guy entering a BJJ competition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYM56V- ... e=youtu.be

I can't understand what is being said, but based on what I can see he keeps hitting the BJJ guy, which is against the rules, then saying sorry to the audience, apologising profusely then just doing it again. Well done to the BJJ guy for keeping his cool.

When the Taiji guy gets submitted he then tries to attack the BJJ guy after the match has ended, at which point the ref restrains him with a choke hold.

Only in China :)
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon May 28, 2018 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: TaiChi vs BJJ competition

Postby windwalker on Mon May 28, 2018 2:38 am

I'm sure you can find other matches where the same thing happens,,,,unless you got something just for China.

They should have let the BJJ guy choke him out, that would make some things very clear.
since you posted this clip, do feel they guy was a taiji guy?

if so what made it so ?
Why couldn't he just be a wrestler/grappler claiming to be a tiji guy?
Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 28, 2018 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon May 28, 2018 2:53 am

I'd rather not fall down the usual windwalker rabbit hole and end up taking the thread to Wonderland ;D You're only ever 2 posts away from an empty force video, and you know it :D

Apparently this is Ma Jianguo’s disciple Zheng Jiakuan? Does that mean he's Shuaijiao not Tai Chi? I better rename the thread...

I'd love to know more context about what is being said at the start - can any Chinese speakers help?
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon May 28, 2018 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon May 28, 2018 3:03 am

Renamed it cool. ;)

Was that shaijiao in action?
Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: Shuaijiao vs BJJ competition

Postby C.J.W. on Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 am

The CMA guy is not a Shuaijiao stylist. He is the disciple of a Shanghai-based Taiji teacher called Ma Baoguo.

Ma was one of the TCMA practitioners who accepted Xu Xiaodong's challenge, but the fight was canceled at the very last minute when the police intervened. He has also stirred up quite a bit of controversy for the video footage in which he appears to take on and defeat a British MMA fighter.

http://www.theworldofchinese.com/2017/06/martial-embarrassment/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4647142/Police-stop-battle-MMA-fighter-Tai-Chi-expert.html
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon May 28, 2018 4:10 am

I remember that film of him demoing techniques on an MMA guy who he paid to be an actor then tried to present it as somehow proof of his 'real' lol.

SO what should I call this thread tai chi vs Bjj or shuaijiao vs BJJ?

Do we need to vote on it? ???
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon May 28, 2018 4:23 am

GrahamB wrote:I remember that film of him demoing techniques on an MMA guy who he paid to be an actor then tried to present it as somehow proof of his 'real' lol.

SO what should I call this thread tai chi vs Bjj or shuaijiao vs BJJ?

What was the intention of posting the clip, whats the take away ?
what ever it is might make a good title.

Do we need to vote on it? ???
windwalker
Wuji

Re: Taiji vs BJJ competition

Postby GrahamB on Mon May 28, 2018 4:25 am

What was your intent in posting that?

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Why are we here?

It's all just dancing elephants from here on down.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon May 28, 2018 4:41 am

GrahamB wrote:What was your intent in posting that?

Is the glass half full or half empty?

There is no glass

Why are we here?

It's all just dancing elephants from here on down.

I was wondering why people continue to post fails of things that they say they practice,
in other arts say like BJJ or MMA they post things that they feel work, open for discussion.
Seems to be a trend . :P
windwalker
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Mon May 28, 2018 5:37 am

Different video angle of arm bar and referee choke.

East View Live
Published on May 27, 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUvPPsX6r7k

An article after the challenge.

"Ma Baoguo 'Apprentice” Zheng Jiakuan: Participate in Jiu-Jitsu Competition,' http://sh.qihoo.com/pc/9094a416da125a41 ... 0_e39369d1:
Rural Takeo 10:30 yesterday wrote:On May 26, the Roujin Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament was held in Shenyang as scheduled.

In the match of the day, besides the showdown between the players of the various color jutsutsui contests, the traditional martial arts practitioner Zheng Jiakuan, known as the apprentice of Ma Baoguo, and the famous blue-belt player Zhang Long from the Alliance have attracted a lot of attention. look.

In the end, the cross-border battle under the Jiu-Jitsu rules ended with the victory of Zhang Long.

For the domestic jujitsu people, this result is both expected and expected.

Zheng Jiakuan, who lacks the foundation of jujitsu, was defeated in the jujitsu competition. It seems that there should be no suspense.

After the game, there were various comments on the Internet. People expressed their views on Zheng Jiakuan and the game.

One week before the softball game, I had an exclusive interview with Zheng Jiakuan in Guangzhou.

Compared with the impact of the results of the game on public opinion, the interview record before the game may be able to help us understand a real Zheng Jiakuan more objectively.

On May 20, I met Zheng Jiakuan in a training hall at the National Fitness Center in Yuexiu District, Guangzhou.

The venue was rented by a friend of Zheng Jiakuan for traditional martial arts lessons. When I arrived, the master was teaching martial arts routines for children of six or seven years old.

Later, Zheng Jiakuan told me that this teacher is also a judo coach, or an enlightening coach of Dai Dongmei, and teaching children martial arts is a hobby.

Because of such a position, I had the opportunity to interview Zheng Jiakuan after the martial arts class.

Zheng Jiakuo lived in Foshan at ordinary times and made a special trip to Guangzhou to take a bus for more than an hour. He also deliberately brought his baby, a solid stone ball weighing 40 kilos, to show me how he usually practiced Bagua.

Zheng Jiakuan and his baby stone ball

Zheng Jiakuan is very tall, very dark, and very strong. From this de facto board point of view, I personally believe that in the confrontation, we should be able to defeat most of the so-called traditional martial arts masters.

However, compared with many self-proclaimed and overconfident self-confident masters, Zheng Jiakuan was obviously more modest and polite, and his face was always with a friendly smile.

According to him, his main practice method is to play this stone ball every time he wants to knead for three or five minutes, so a friend would marry him: You knead the ball three or five minutes each time, and the fighting game is also three or five minutes each. Why don't you try to go to the ring?

Although the logical relationship between the two is very far-fetched, Zheng Jiakuan still followed suit. He successively competed with Mongolian wrestling, Wing Chun and other martial arts in the ring. In his view, the cross-border battle with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, like the previous test, is an exchange between different martial arts enthusiasts.

Asked about the cause of the jujitsu competition, he said that it originated from an argument on the Internet.

丨 Zheng Jiakuan's participation in the competition

The Jiu-Jitsu Club's Jiu-Jitsu fan, Nie Baitian, released a video of Jiu-Jitsu (according to Zheng Jiakuan's description, I guess it is very likely to be a solid cross). Zheng Jiakuan felt very interesting, so he commented on a few sentences, perhaps because of misunderstandings. There was a dispute between him and Nie Batian, and he eventually developed a higher level of jiuji.

However, unlike common defamation and dissatisfaction in martial arts fight circles, Zheng Jiakuan expressed his appreciation and recognition for Nie Batian, and he believed that Nie Baitian was “a master”.

On the day of the match, Zheng Jiakuan and Nie Batian (right one) took a photo

Since this game has been clearly defined as an “exhibition match”, Zheng Jiakuan felt that it was a good opportunity for exchanges and learning and he should take good care of it. So he made a special trip to visit the Jiu Jiu Museum in Guangzhou and Foshan to understand the rules of jujitsu. However, because he did not have any basis for jujitsu, the instructor of the Jiu-Jitsu Museum did not agree to let him participate in the training, but only let him observe a lesson.

In spite of this, Zheng Jiakuan thought that he had already got a certain understanding of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by looking on. When he went back, he found an MMA coach to discuss. "It feels good" and he is very confident in the game.

Zheng Jiakuan said that if he can gain and improve from this jujitsu, the next time he wants to challenge MMA.

Zheng Jiakuan's views on the game

Like many people who have studied for many years, Zheng Jiakuan also engaged in martial arts teaching while imparting his own kung fu to more people. Although he was just a sideline of idleness, he still received a lot of students.

When asked if he was concerned that if the game loses will affect his reputation, as well as enrollment and teaching, Zheng Jiakuan said that he did not care about it, and he admitted that he had to communicate and lost several times before he learned to lose. thing.

For his mentoring relationship with Ma Baoguo, Zheng Jiakuan introduced that at the time he saw Ma Baoguo’s video and was very interested in his “reform”, so he flew at his own expense to Shanghai to find Ma Baoguo’s exchange. At that time, Ma Baoguo's martial arts had been closed. He was introduced by his friend and had only seen him once.

He studied with Ma Baoguo and attacked him for several times. After the two sides took over, Ma Baoguo's arm turned around. Zheng Jiakuan could not find his strength and was sent out by the other party.

"We have rules and if we lose, we must call someone 'master'." So he became Ma Baoguo's "apprentice." However, Zheng Jiakuan himself also said that he is not a disciple of Ma Baoguo. Ma Baoguo does not allow him to call himself a “master,” but only a teacher.

He didn't actually spend a day with Ma Baoguo.

Zheng Jiakuan made a special visit to Ma Baoguo

However, Zheng Jiakuan also revealed a detail. Before he played against Ma Baoguo, Ma Baoguo once stated clearly: "If you are wide, you can't beat me!"

Therefore, when he and Ma Baoguo were discussing each other, they did not use all their physical strength and strength. They should be similar to the "light and practical battle" of Jiu-Jitsu. They only used techniques and reached the point.

In Zheng Jiakuan's view, this is right, because respecting the young and the young is also the norm of traditional martial arts. Ma Baoguo is old and he certainly can't fight it with all his might. He believes that from the perspective of technology alone, Ma Baoguo is indeed "a kung fu."

When I asked, "If Ma Baoguo really played against Xu Xiaodong at the time, and you think who can win," Zheng Jiakuan believes that if communication technology alone is used as the premise, the probability of winning or losing will be divided into five to five.

However, if you play in full accordance with the rules of Fujian and Taiwan, Xu Xiaodong does not need to play, as long as you run a few laps, Ma Baoguo should be chasing after him. "It is not the same as playing Kungfu in peacetime."

The feeling that Zheng Jiakuan gives me is like many people who are obsessed with traditional martial arts, and is immersed in his own martial arts world. He has judged the foreign martial arts that he has not touched on based on his own experience of passing on the military - even if the two are completely different. The results obtained naturally have a strong subjectivity.

Just as most of the passers-by closed, Zheng Jiakuan's attitude is obviously more open and compatible. He told me that after the game returns, he must learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

He had previously claimed that Rayleigh, who had “one-handedly broken”, was able to make a special trip to Shanghai to study Jiu-Jitsu after being taken over by Xiaodong Ko. He was considered by the netizens as “a shameless and brave man”.

Well, Zheng Jiakuan, who had originally expressed his approval for jujitsu, will not be successful in this field after concentrating on studying Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I personally think it is very possible.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Mon May 28, 2018 5:57 am

The non-bjj guy appears wildly misunderstood... ;D

He's lucky his opponent was a nice guy, he could have lost the elbow joint. (And perhaps should have...)
What an ass!
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon May 28, 2018 6:31 am

Could be an reflection of an inner war that might be going on within Taiji turned to BJJ guys
Trick

Postby Bhassler on Mon May 28, 2018 7:18 am

Here ya go. This oughta cleanse the palate for ya....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8jOGceedfw
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Mon May 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Bhassler wrote:Here ya go. This oughta cleanse the palate for ya....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8jOGceedfw

I am thinking the guy was probably actually drunk or high on something. The extremely painful-looking arm bar at .50 would have made him tap out otherwise.
Last edited by C.J.W. on Mon May 28, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon May 28, 2018 4:42 pm

It keeps feeling like it's November 1993.

Someone send these guys the UFC 1 VHS.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links