Chen style Taiji, Yang WenJing (very wriggly).

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chen style Taiji, Yang WenJing (very wriggly).

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:31 am

Bao wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:Jesus. Are you 14?

I think he is older than that...

....but weed tend to slow down the growing of the brain and stop the emotional development. :) ;)

He seems way too tightly wound and bragadocious to be a pothead.
@Trick, I am a great fan of Willie for several reasons. He contributes to the discussions and make them much more entertaining.
-joint-

Definitely makes it more entertaining, but you know how sometimes when you're watching a scary movie and you just want to yell at the screen "YOU STUPID SONOFABITCH DON'T GO IN THERE." It's kind of the same instinct. As much fun as it is to watch it's still cringe inducing. Anyhow, back to lurking.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby willie on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Bao wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:Jesus. Are you 14?

I think he is older than that...

....but weed tend to slow down the growing of the brain and stop the emotional development. :) ;)
Last edited by willie on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
willie

Postby Giles on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:00 am

Willie, you often post something and then remove it again, which can make things a little confusing in retrospect. My posts remain, and if you care to re-read, you'll see that I didn't offer any 'internet challenge'. Enjoy the weekend. :)
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:05 am

To bring myself back on-topic: I was quite impressed by the form this guy does, but less so by the video with partner work. He does some sound and seemingly powerful techniques on the training partner when he’s got him where he wants him, but when the partner steps into him in a less pre-arranged way, the cool cardigan man gets caught flat-footed (double-weighted) a few times and doesn’t look so good. For instance at 3:10 but that’s not the only time. If the partner had been bigger and less considerate, the master would have gone flying.

This is not to say he isn’t good, I'm sure he is, but it looks like a case where very high-level form doesn’t seem to translate into high-level partner work (when things are a little less predictable).
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:26 am

Internet challenges? ??? Calmate, hombre.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:32 am

willie wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Willie, get over yourself. Unfortunately, you have erased your completely ridiculous (and wrong) definition of what Taijiquan is. That's too bad, because I was going to quote it and state that it was exactly why your claim that Chen is the university to Yang's grade school is precisely backward.

Slow down on either the booze or just being a naturally dickish dude.

Hi Ian. Honestly I don't think that I like the way that you talk to me.
Are you sure?

Do you mean, am I going to change my post like you seem to do every ten minutes? No. You are making fun of people with learning difficulties and your posting style is pretty out of control. It has been since you showed up here. Sure, you don't like being called on your shit. I have never said your MAs aren't good, I just call you out for being a jerk and making ridiculous statements. It would be easier if you left them as they are, but I think I get that, too.

As for internet challenges, isn't that more like what you are saying above? I have no interest in challenging anyone except perhaps in a tournament. But, I'm not sure if I even have much interest in that anymore.

Challenging what you say is not the same as a challenge to a fight, which is probably what Itto was getting at...But, I'm sure you got that just like the joke you (didn't) get earlier in the thread.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 am

Giles wrote:Willie, you often post something and then remove it again, which can make things a little confusing in retrospect. My posts remain, and if you care to re-read, you'll see that I didn't offer any 'internet challenge'. Enjoy the weekend. :)

Well I'm not sure why you would be confused. Yes I often remove or edit my post, that has nothing to do with this situation at all. If you note the way that you address me, did you tell me that I should just leave? Who Do You Think You Are? You're supposed to be talking about the topic, not about me, right? It's never ceases to amaze me how someone can just think that they can speak to people in the manner as you did. So telling somebody basically to get out, is the internet challenge and the empty one at that...
willie

Postby willie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:06 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
willie wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Willie, get over yourself. Unfortunately, you have erased your completely ridiculous (and wrong) definition of what Taijiquan is. That's too bad, because I was going to quote it and state that it was exactly why your claim that Chen is the university to Yang's grade school is precisely backward.

Slow down on either the booze or just being a naturally dickish dude.

Hi Ian. Honestly I don't think that I like the way that you talk to me.
Are you sure?

Do you mean, am I going to change my post like you seem to do every ten minutes? No. You are making fun of people with learning difficulties and your posting style is pretty out of control. It has been since you showed up here. Sure, you don't like being called on your shit. I have never said your MAs aren't good, I just call you out for being a jerk and making ridiculous statements. It would be easier if you left them as they are, but I think I get that, too.

As for internet challenges, isn't that more like what you are saying above? I have no interest in challenging anyone except perhaps in a tournament. But, I'm not sure if I even have much interest in that anymore.

Challenging what you say is not the same as a challenge to a fight, which is probably what Itto was getting at...But, I'm sure you got that just like the joke you (didn't) get earlier in the thread.

Ian, are you dyslexic too? Read this post of yours. Are you calling me names? And you're saying that my posting Styles out of control? Making fun of people with learning disabilities? Why because they're trying to tell me that fajin doesn't work? I see it work all the time . No Dude, you get over yourself. You think that you could just speak to anybody anyway you like. I like talking technical and about the topic, not about others. Yes I see it as a challenge. Yes you are an Internet bully. Those type of words don't equal a competition match Ian, those are Fightin words when you start calling people names. Maybe you should stop doing that if you know what I mean?
Last edited by willie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:27 am

willie wrote:Ian, are you dyslexic too? Read this post of yours. Are you calling me names? And you're saying that my posting Styles out of control? Making fun of people with learning disabilities? Why because they're trying to tell me that fajin doesn't work? I see it work all the time . No Dude, you get over yourself. You think that you could just speak to anybody anyway you like. I like talking technical and about the topic, not about others. Yes I see it as a challenge. Yes you are an Internet bully. Those type of words don't equal a competition match Ian, those are Fightin words when you start calling people names. Maybe you should stop doing that if you know what I mean?

Calling names? I was describing your actions which is not really the same thing. But, wouldn't calling people dyslexic be calling names, too? You like to be technical? I don't see much or any technical explanations from you. But, that's fine. I just bring it up because you are making some claims that don't seem to be based in reality.

As for talking to anybody how I like and being a bully, I'd say you are summing up your standard posting pattern quite nicely. Well done.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby charles on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:34 am

Collectively, on this discussion board, we've reached a new low of interaction and discussion about martial arts. Not just in this thread, but in others as well.

We should strive to do better, to be better. If we don't, few who are interested in a meaningful discussion regarding martial arts will come here to discuss them. That might have largely already occurred. I suggest that if contributors are unable to self-moderate what they contribute, board moderators step in to assist.
charles
Wuji

Postby willie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:42 am

charles wrote:Collectively, on this discussion board, we've reached a new low of interaction and discussion about martial arts. Not just in this thread, but in others as well.

We should strive to do better, to be better. If we don't, few who are interested in a meaningful discussion regarding martial arts will come here to discuss them. That might have largely already occurred. I suggest that if contributors are unable to self-moderate what they contribute, board moderators step in to assist.

Charles, you are 100% correct again. It's shameful to have posts like the ones that have been posted underneath a video like this. I think that I have offered a reasonable explanation why Wayne stated that it didn't seem to transfer to the two men set very well. I'll state it again. 1 Either his solo training is far more advanced then his two man set, 2. Or perhaps he may find it difficult to express and train fajin with partners. 3. Or perhaps he's hiding the entire thing.
What do you think about that?
willie

Postby willie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:48 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote: I don't see much or any technical explanations from you. But, that's fine. I just bring it up because you are making some claims that don't seem to be based in reality.

As for talking to anybody how I like and being a bully, I'd say you are summing up your standard posting pattern quite nicely. Well done.
what exact claims am I making that aren't based in reality?
Let's see now. I said that it was difficult releasing the energy of a bow without injuring a partner.
willie

Postby charles on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:50 am

willie wrote: I think that I have offered a reasonable explanation why Wayne stated that it didn't seem to transfer to the two men set very well. I'll state it again. 1 Either his solo training is far more advanced then his two man set, 2. Or perhaps he may find it difficult to express and train fajin with partners. 3. Or perhaps he's hiding the entire thing.
What do you think about that?

I think you have offered plausible explanations.
charles
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 am

Melania teaches us not to be internet bullies.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:40 am

Ron Panunto wrote:Melania teaches us not to be internet bullies.

Not a very good teacher when she cannot teach her husband... :-\ :P
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links