Another Ramsey Dewey video

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Another Ramsey Dewey video

Postby jwalker on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:38 am

Looks like this guys videos have been posted before and in one of them I came across he talked about how he's only ever come across one legit taiji guys, this is the video where he talks in depth about it. As usual it's a hard pill so swallow but if you take Ramesy at this word, this taiji guy sounds like a national treasure/terror.

https://youtu.be/G4_L7cK1YZ8
Last edited by jwalker on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is statisticly possible to attack someone with your machete." - John Wang
jwalker
Great Old One

Re: Another Ramsey Dewey video

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 am

Nice vid
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Elucidate please
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:56 pm

jwalker wrote:Looks like this guys videos have been posted before and in one of them I came across he talked about how he's only ever come across one legit taiji guys, this is the video where he talks in depth about it. As usual it's a hard pill so swallow but if you take Ramesy at this word, this taiji guy sounds like a national treasure/terror.

https://youtu.be/G4_L7cK1YZ8

It is nice Ramsey gives respect to tai chi. However, my guess: he is embellishing for whatever reason (e.g., promotion, marketing, etc.).

From "About Me." https://mmafitnessclub.weebly.com/about-me.html:
RAMSEY DEWEY wrote:I have 18 years of martial arts competition experience in multiple combat sports including: MMA, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Sanda, K-1 kickboxing, American Kickboxing, Taekwondo, Full Contact Karate, Catch-Wrestling, and Boxing.

-I also study judo, taijiquan, capoeira, kobudo, and kenjutsu. . . .

-Trained under the following coaches & masters: Marc Brewer (Jiu-Jitsu & Wrestling, currently at University of Grappling, USA), Shane Brenner (MMA, The Human Potentialist, USA), Michael Pease (Jiu-jitsu, Champion Martial Arts, USA) Khru Channon Sinsub (Muay Thai, Phuket, Thailand) Master Kim Han, Master Phalkunarith Him, Master Malanie Moras, Master Sejin Seol, Grandmaster Burton Sparks, and Grandmaster Marie Louise Zeller (Taekwondo, USA) Master Paul Sucher (Shotokan Karate, USA) Jason Chen, Chris Xiong, Paul Clemet (Boxing, Shanghai, China) Master Yu Dao Shui (Taijiquan, Jianube gsu Province, China) Zhang Xiang (Judo, Chinese national team)

From Youtube comments:
Flono McFlooneyloo
1 day ago

So wait...you met the best fighter in the entire world and you don't know his name and you didn't get.a video of it in a era when we had cellphones? Are you daft? Maybe you dreamed it? And are you telling a trained professional grappler can't name any of the throws, including a judo coach? You are pulling our legs Mr D.

Ramsey Dewey
1 day ago

No, that is not what I told you. His name was Yu Dao Shui. I could show you 3 of the techniques he used- but I was too busy being thrown around to do a detailed technical film study for you. I don’t know what kind of fancy cell phone you had a decade ago- I for one had an cheap Nokia phone that could do 3 things: make phone calls, send text messages, play the snake game. Everyone photo documenting everything with camera phones is a fairly recent phenomenon.

1 month ago
I don`t understand why people with these good stories always forget to videotape this amazing stuff :( >:( :-\

Ramsey Dewey
1 month ago
Which story? Yu Dao Shui, the tai chi master who knew how to fight? I didn't have a camera back then. There was a China CCTV news crew there filming it all though. Even so, I have a few videos of me getting my butt kicked by various fighters over the years, but I haven't made it a habit to post them on youtube.

Anthony Santos
1 month ago

It is true that some level of strength is required for any technique. However, to admit that strength plays a major role in fighting and then go on to say that an old man beat multiple martial artist which were twice his size and STRENGTH makes no sense...It is very contradicting because at that age your athletic abilities or strengths are way less that in your 20s or even 40s. Good BJJ players use technique the problem occurs when you face high level Competion just like you, than strength plays a role just like endurance, agility, body mechanics etc.. If your story was real why does an amateur mma fighter destroy a tai chi master on video. Just find it hard to believe.

Ramsey Dewey
1 month ago

You mean Xu Xiao Dong vs Wei Lei? Xu Xiao Dong is a retired professional MMA fighter. And he’s not a particularly good one in my opinion. Now as for the “tai chi master”- take one look at Wei Lei and tell me with a straight face that guy is a master of a physical discipline of fighting. The dude is horribly out of shape and had clearly never been in a fight before.

Yu Dao Shui, on the other hand, was as athlete. The man was strong, agile, flexible, and experienced. He could do backflips, handspring, standing splits. And he had the necessary athleticism to use his technique. Why? Because he stayed active his whole life.

Comparing a life long athlete to a pot bellied schmuck ten years younger than me who calls himself a master is lame.

Not sure if this is the same Yu Dao Shui Ramsey is referring to. This Yu Dao Shui does not look 86 years old.

Loto Blanco
Published on Mar 4, 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WK7RwnSmh4

Loto Blanco
Published on Jun 25, 2017

Master Yu Dao Shui was student of Sun Jian Yun 孙剑云 daughter of Grand Master of Tai Ji, Xing Yi and Ba Gua Sun Lu Tang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhsw3cDZaPs
Last edited by marvin8 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:22 pm

After seeing Ramsay move I realised he talked a better game than he showed
Likewise with his tai chi teacher even though he is doing hsing I here
It is hard and stiff and in the pushing he seems loose but looses his balance twice after throwing his partner away
Ramsay says he has been training for 18 years and names 17 teachers
Do the maths
I liked what he says but it doesn't seem to translate to reality
wayne hansen
Wuji

Return to Video Links