Mark Rasmus: Tai Chi Ward off energy, energy bubble

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Mark Rasmus: Tai Chi Ward off energy, energy bubble

Postby Peacedog on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Jason is Adam's brother.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Pero on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:05 pm

I see... Ouch.
Pero
Santi

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Peacedog wrote:Adam studied for a number of years with Mark. Mark kicked him out of his school due to a number of issues with misbehavior. I won't get into that here, but an internet search for Jason Mizer is all that is needed.Good thing your not getting into it here. :P

All of that being said, Adam has a very high level of skill at a number of Hermetic disciplines which power his tai chi and Mark acknowledges that. Skill talks and has to be recognized. Also keep in mind, that esoteric power has nothing to do with a practicioner's morality or character. It only has to do with putting the work in.

While Mizner is known for his tai chi, Hermetics, and his own development of Hermetics, is the core of what he actually practices.

As I have mentioned before, a number of "internet famous" people from various lineages actually got their stuff from Rasmus. Mark's openness and ability at transferring various yogic and meditative skills to others is astonishing. I've never seen anything like it. It is also why I keep recommending people to go study with him. I am unsure how much longer he will be publicly teaching. If you want the good stuff, check him out while you can.

Do you happen to be a student of Mr Rasmus?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:18 am

I am. He is a really nice man and a good friend.

Adam left the school several years before I showed up. However, I've dealt with more than a few people who worked with both Mark and Adam.

The thing about heading over to train with Mark is that you'll never know who will show up. About 1/3rd of the people are full time students who usually stay for 6 months to a year and a half. The rest are generally senior practitioners of different systems who are stuck in their personal practice and are looking to enhance their skills. It's an amazing collection of people from about every flavor of the meditative/yogic rainbow. Yogis, shamans, martial artists, Buddhists, Taoists, animists, esoteric Christians, etc. It can be a fun crowd.

The thing about Hermetic practice is that it is skill based. Also, it covers such a wide scope of potential practice that nobody is capable of mastering all of its various elements. So, people generally master a basic skill set and then branch out. The discussions and demos from various people are pretty amazing.

Also, I keep going back as sometimes you need a group of people working together to practice certain things and developing that locally where I live is rather impractical.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Peacedog wrote:Mark's openness and ability at transferring various yogic and meditative skills to others is astonishing. I've never seen anything like it. It is also why I keep recommending people to go study with him.

What yogic and meditative skills? Why should yoga and meditation be a reason for people interested in Tai Chi? What I see from Mark is good but I see no such influence in Mark’s Tai Chi. Also I see nothing special or anything that my first teacher could not do and he never practiced any yoga or meditation, but only Tai Chi.-
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links