Sword what do u think

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Sword what do u think

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:52 pm

Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Re: Sword what do u think

Postby Bhassler on Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:39 am

I liked it, as I think Ian Sinclair is very good at what he does. I also think things change when the empty hand becomes more live, and/or when moving away from a sport fencing or unarmored dueling context. Ian may have answers to all of that, it just wasn't covered in this particular lesson. As far as his explanations, etc., they seem to work very well for his students and him, and that's really all that matters.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Re: Sword what do u think

Postby Kong Bao Long on Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:50 pm

Meh...
not a fan

30+ years fighting SCA, and rebated steel... mostly drawing from my Xingyiquan saber, spear and Da Dao forms.

Sword fighting is no different than sparring with your fists. I see a lot of subjective thinkers in TCMA... playing "what if"s" with the sword/weapons. That is not how you internalize your art. that is not how you get prowess.
Spar, then work a "Pell" (striking post) training technique (similar to bag work) Spar more, refining polishing... work the Pell, spar, spar spar.... and spar!

Form work is only for memorizing techniques.
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop "Kong ZI
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Return to Video Links