Joey Nishad Interviews Adam Mizner on learning Taijiquan!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Joey Nishad Interviews Adam Mizner on learning Taijiquan!

Postby origami_itto on Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:57 am

I can't speak for anybody else..

My personal experience is that goofing around with energy work has caused some cramps and tremors.

That phase passed, now I can circulate freely without getting the shivers.

It follows attention and is disturbed by emotion. I've gone through some pretty significant stress the last year or so and there have been three times where things have been so intense it has resulted in physical illness. 12 hours of vomiting. Can't even keep wat down.

I've since managed to learn to manage it when it's small. It tends to build when I'm neglecting my practice and in a sense is like letting my lawn grow wild. If I'm attentive I can tend to the weeds before the snakes move in.

Working with others, likewise, you start to draw a lot of water so to speak and need to be mindful of how much wake you're creating.

Essentially, good information, legitimate initiation, sincerity and consistency with a focus on making oneself fit to be of service is the path. Details reveal themselves like medicine in the forest if you keep your eyes open.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Joey Nishad Interviews Adam Mizner on learning Taijiquan!

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:21 am

To use your rice pot analogy - sometimes you have to lift the lid a bit to let the steam circulate throughout the hose. A pleasant odor will follow and the air in the rooms becomes pleasantly moist.

If you don't lift the lid voluntarily from time to time, it will jump and bounce and the steam escapes in a bad way.

If you got a malfunctioning pressure cooker it may just blow up. LOL
Quigga

Previous

Return to Video Links