Joey Nishad Interviews Adam Mizner on learning Taijiquan!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Joey Nishad Interviews Adam Mizner on learning Taijiquan!

Postby everything on Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:43 pm

the whole thing sounds like some kinda publicity stunt. if he can do what apparently mizner and liang can do, then great. good job. but idk about the $5k blah blah blah. that just sounds stupid. i know some people don't "believe" (understandably) people have some skill. ok great. then go off and do you whatever else, no problem.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trip on Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:51 pm

everything wrote:any TLDR on who is joey, why do we care, etc etc

I don't know but found some of Joey Nishad's videos

Trip
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:45 am

everything wrote:any TLDR on who is joey, why do we care, etc etc

This video should answer all your questions.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:36 pm

thanks for looking. i couldn't watch any of these tbh. if everyone here starts hating on him like they hate on mizner, i'll probably watch lol
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:31 am

Agree with Doc, it was a good interview.

Would like to know more about what skills Jamie spoke about. I thought Joey was a beginner, or had maybe practiced just a couple of years. I wonder what skills he could have achieved. But maybe I am mistaken? Maybe because Joey has a humble approach. With that said, I like his attitude.

Bhassler wrote:Joey is one of Mizner's students.

Is he really? Officially? He "reviewed" the Martial Man's camp and the different teachers in Damo Mitchells YT channel. From what I got out of it, that time should have been the first time he met Adam.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:35 am

Bao wrote:Agree with Doc, it was a good interview.

Would like to know more about what skills Jamie spoke about. I thought Joey was a beginner, or had maybe practiced just a couple of years. I wonder what skills he could have achieved. But maybe I am mistaken? Maybe because Joey has a humble approach. With that said, I like his attitude.

Is he really? Officially? He "reviewed" the Martial Man's camp and the different teachers in Damo Mitchells YT channel. From what I got out of it, that time should have been the first time he met Adam.

How do you define "one of his students"?

Does that mean his only source of information is that teacher?

Joey gives Adam money to attend his workshops and hangs out with him and promotes his material and mindset so whatever you call that is what he is.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:45 am

i think i agree with his "what is qi" one. will be a while before i watch the super long interview.
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:53 am

everything wrote:i think i agree with his "what is qi" one. will be a while before i watch the super long interview.

I don't disagree with it, and ask anyone who does to provide a better explanation, please.

The long one, I don't disagree with the content, but I think the presentation lacks self awareness overall.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby jaime_g on Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:38 am

Bao wrote:Agree with Doc, it was a good interview.

Joey has many years of experience, not sure how many but probably over 15. I'm not sure if he really learns from Adam or they are just friends sharing stuff.

He shown me stuff from i liq chuan (wuji i liq chuan if I remember well), taijiquan, neigong, and silat. Spinning hands, different uses of taiji frames on pusjing hands (the differences between large frame, middle frame, and small frame), neigong skills to induce connection into your body (that was quite a funny one, Joey can touch your forearm and you feel your feets getting hot), and one of these weird silat animal possesion like trances.

Skilled guy and overall very nice and kind, it was a pleasure to meet him
jaime_g
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:59 am

jaime_g wrote:Joey has many years of experience, not sure how many but probably over 15. I'm not sure if he really learns from Adam or they are just friends sharing stuff.

He shown me stuff from i liq chuan (wuji i liq chuan if I remember well), taijiquan, neigong, and silat. Spinning hands, different uses of taiji frames on pusjing hands (the differences between large frame, middle frame, and small frame), neigong skills to induce connection into your body (that was quite a funny one, Joey can touch your forearm and you feel your feets getting hot), and one of these weird silat animal possesion like trances.

Skilled guy and overall very nice and kind, it was a pleasure to meet him

Ok, thank you for explaining and sharing. I trust you if you say that he has skills. Sounds interesting.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:13 pm

15 years, eh? Wow
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:11 pm

GrahamB wrote:15 years, eh? Wow

I know, right? Go figure. :o
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:24 pm

Waste of space
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:21 pm

origami_itto wrote:
everything wrote:i think i agree with his "what is qi" one. will be a while before i watch the super long interview.

I don't disagree with it, and ask anyone who does to provide a better explanation, please.

The long one, I don't disagree with the content, but I think the presentation lacks self awareness overall.

going to try to watch it ... it's pretty long lol. will try to reply in a few days.
everything
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:10 am

wayne hansen wrote:Waste of space

Did anyone else notice he didn't actually say what chi is or touch upon it's training or use? Par for the course really.
Appledog
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links