Filling the middle dantian 中丹田

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Filling the middle dantian 中丹田

Postby everything on Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:37 pm

ya, 100% to all, Quigga
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Baiyuan Laoxian on Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:19 am

Quigga wrote:Also I'd say that he is using Yi Qi regardless of what he's saying. If he got it practiced so well he doesn't need to think about it anymore, doesn't mean that he's using a different mechanism. I believe there isn't a different mechanism in the first place. But that's just my opinion.

In my style, it is almost the same way as this guy is describing in the video. For us the qi is like the wind you can orientate it, but you cannot control it.

Quigga wrote:Saying that there's no small heavenly circulation circuits and different ones is saying like someone has no arms in my understanding.

Maybe I did not express myself clearly, but the person, who is a Xingyi quan adept, does not say that there is not such a thing as the Xiaozhou tian but that he is not focusing on it and do not use “intentional intention” for moving the qi.
Baiyuan Laoxian
Santi

Postby Quigga on Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:51 pm

What is your style?

If I understand correctly: a flow can be oriented / redirected / changed in its course much more easier than controlling parts of the current itself to move in different directions, such as being split, moving in opposite directions next to each other on the same path.

A flow from A to B can have many variables inside of itself.

What's intentionl intention?
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:36 am

I also would say that once you are relaxed enough, many things work and happen on their own - 'miraculously'. It doesn't need conscious effort anymore or active concentration to move things inside from A to B. You just move like always whatever and things inside align and move and fall into place by themselves.

So he probably means not using Li in some sense. Not being unnatural, not smooth or unbalanced.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:37 am

Always having to focus on the spinal and hip movements and whatever else would lock the awareness inside of the body, not to mention it's way too tedious and slow to keep up in application.
Quigga

Postby Baiyuan Laoxian on Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Quigga wrote:What is your style?

My main styles are Sanhuang Paochui 三皇炮捶 and Tongbei quan 通背拳.
Baiyuan Laoxian
Santi

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:12 am

In southern Taizuquan, they have extensive inner work with the lower 2 dantian, from middle to lower, in the lower, and from lower to middle.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:56 am

Baiyuan Laoxian wrote:
Quigga wrote:What is your style?

Sanhuang Paochui 三皇炮捶

That's something I've been very interested in learning more about, can you share some resources? Videos, articles, etc?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:28 pm

i um, haven't finished filling my lower dan tian so... yeah yeah yeah woo woo, fascia, qi is some translation or culture problem for you, blah blah, there is literal shit at that dan tian spot, nobody on an internal forum is interested in anything actual on the inside, but anyway
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:42 am

Baiyuan Laoxian wrote:Hello! I am new here. I have created a new YouTube channel where I want to share some content that is not often seen, mainly found on the video channels from WeChat.

The first one I want to share with you is this guy from Xingyi who is showing some dantian practices. I hope you’ll enjoy, but also that you will give here your opinion.

I like it! That’s called good Shenfa (upper half of the torso movement), opposed to Yaofa (movement in the lower half of the torso). Combine the two and you have something.

I’ve been trying to work on my Shenfa lately so I really enjoyed seeing this and seeing what’s possible.
Thanks for posting

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:54 am

One thing I will mention though, and I don’t know if this is the case in this guy’s lineage, but my Bagua teacher lives in Beijing and sees a lot of Xingyi guys who puff out the chest and hold it strong. Which inadvertently also ends up contracting the pericardium muscle. The pericardium muscle should never fall under your conscious control. It needs to remain autonomic so it can contract if a punch lands on your chest to protect the heart. He’s seen Xingyi guys have heart attacks during fights.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:02 am

My teacher was two generations below my grandteacher, so it was a grandparent - grandkid relationship. He didn’t have the patience to teach him Bao Fali so he had him learn it at a Sanhuang Paochui school in Beijing so he could learn it alongside peers of his own age. Years ago I found a SHPC video of them showing it, but it was taken down and I’ve never seen anything similar since then.

I take it they’re still pretty traditional when it comes to not showing it to foreigners?

Last edited by D_Glenn on Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links