Filling the middle dantian 中丹田

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Filling the middle dantian 中丹田

Postby Appledog on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:13 am

cloudz wrote:LOL
so basically, you don't have a clue of the what and the why of what you are posting or saying ?

Welcome to the forums!

You will fit in here just fine, and keep posting your videos.

What this video is, probably has very little to do with xingyiquan except to illustrate one small part of it, some small body mechanic that they want to emphasize, so they invented a couple of qigongs to demonstrate the idea. As it's in Chinese it has less of a use, but it is visually interesting.

The most interesting videos you can copy-paste are going to be form videos so we can see who the top dogs in china are and what they are playing with these days. Application videos, fight videos, all useful.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:39 am

I for one couldn't care less about form videos. Boring as all hell.

What was shown was impressive gong fu tho!
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:58 am

And what I do find amusing is, how many people underestimate what's shown in the vid.
Quigga

Postby everything on Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:48 am

Not sure we underestimate it. Maybe just not sure what the claims are. I can tell you 100% my knee joints wouldn't appreciate the torque.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:15 am

Whoops, you caught me projecting there :-). Thanks for catching my mistake.

The claims are if you do the practice, you will be able to do the result...

Undoubtedly, his organs get a good twisting, twirling, turning, pulling, stretching, reeling, shifting, expanding, contracting - in their fascia bag, as well as the organs themselves obviously.

Plus all the blood gushing around his body if you do this for a couple minutes.

Yes, you can get increased blood flow via other more familiar means. The fascia remain largely unaffected by that tho. This is something else.

I would like to see someone try to create similar sounds in their practice.

The benefits for punching kicking throwing stepping should be clear...

The torquing, if done in careful progression, is quite beneficial actually. It can be easily harmful, yes. But you can hardly access all the tissue around the knees otherwise.

I'm not sure I agree with the phrase filling the middle Dantian tho.

The point of the MD is to change Qi to Shen. It's an upward transformation of the excess Qi one has cultivated when the lower Dantian has already been filled.

Clinging onto filling the middle Dantian could hinder that process as it works differently than the lower Dantian. The upper Dantian also isn't to be filled with something. Both of these attempts can actually lead to serious issues.

AFAIK IMO and as far as I have practiced :-)
Quigga

Postby everything on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:31 am

very informative note, Quigga. esp on the MD vs. LD qi etc.

On a tangent, why did you mention the fascia being unaffected? ... and ... any general comments on fascia (total tangent)?
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:53 am

Good thing George is here to maintain high standards of quality by bullying new members. Who says hazing is dead?

I'd like to get some subtitles... I wonder if ai can do it?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:04 pm

Yes, I can make some tangential comments on these topics at a later time. Have some patience please :-). Should be up by next weekend.

After a second watching of the vid, he may be merely showing how to move Qi inside the body - from LD to the center of his chest, from there to the clavicle, to the shoulder and eventually to the arm. He fills the area he wants to strike on himself with some amount of Qi. That requires a good amount of flexibility / flexible relaxed connected strength / sung in the spine and ribcage.

Note tho that this ability is pretty useless when sharp pointy bladed weapons are used, and or poisons. Blunt force from weapons can also easily exceed empty hand fighting due to leverage and concentration of force on a smaller point.

Walking around with a chest full of faux pride and faulty assumptions and maybe some other stuff very likely leads to health issues over decades, such as heart attacks, high blood pressure, anxiety, shortness of breath and some other stuff.

Well who is to say what a faulty assumption is in what context. Everyone is perfectly and rightfully entitled to their own opinions. Tho that can take interesting turns in professional environments.
Quigga

Postby everything on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:12 pm

origami_itto wrote:
I'd like to get some subtitles... I wonder if ai can do it?

can't remember if it's on youtube now. if so you can auto-translate from the transcript, I guess.
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:15 pm

Tho that can take interesting turns in professional environments.

"ASSUME" = "make an ASS out of U and ME..."

the stupidity of assumptions here doesn't matter at all. someone will get offended or simply doesn't understand something, often without realizing it. no problem. we're all idiots. the stupidity in your office politics ... can lead to disastrous results, lol. don't get me started haha.
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:35 pm

Oh that's a nice one, I'll remember that, haha :-) !

People be people-ing. It is what it is.
Quigga

Postby Baiyuan Laoxian on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:55 pm

Quigga wrote:After a second watching of the vid, he may be merely showing how to move Qi inside the body - from LD to the center of his chest, from there to the clavicle, to the shoulder and eventually to the arm. He fills the area he wants to strike on himself with some amount of Qi. That requires a good amount of flexibility / flexible relaxed connected strength / sung in the spine and ribcage.

It was a part of my point. In my style first we prepare our tool for fighting, i.e., your body. You would prefer to have a Ferrari that can reach 350 km/h in a perfect working state than an old car like a 2cv that can reach 250 km/h. So after having opened the lower dantian, the opening of the middle one is like a sign of your level, like a milestone. If you can understand what he is saying in the video, he is saying that he is not following the classical scheme which it is using the yi and let the qi follow the xiaozhoutian path, but that he does not need to think to let the qi going where he wants.

Quigga wrote:Note tho that this ability is pretty useless when sharp pointy bladed weapons are used, and or poisons. Blunt force from weapons can also easily exceed empty hand fighting due to leverage and concentration of force on a smaller point.

Those remarks are also valid against a gun too. ;D

I am not here to sell anything, but just try to bring on the western web things that are less often seen, that's all. I even don't know that guy, and do not practice Xingyi quan.
Baiyuan Laoxian
Santi

Postby cloudz on Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:28 am

ok sorry if it was poor behaviour on my part. It just doesn't seem like a way of training internal dan tian (elixir field) that I can tell.
If it was my mistake that that is the purpose then apologies of course.

If it's body training then fine, it's not what i thought it was. It's hard to tell I suppose.
Lot's of folks including myself have and do train external dan tian. I don't focus on it much these days.

I was in a fun mood, sorry if it was offensive. Sometimes I may not read the room or even Hotel particularly well.
No (lasting) harm was intended anyway.

thanks
I'm better now, the spirit was rising.
Internal work can have that effect funnily enough.
the lid is well and truly back on! ;D
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Baiyuan Laoxian on Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:29 am

cloudz wrote:ok sorry if it was poor behaviour on my part. It just doesn't seem like a way of training internal dan tian (elixir field) that I can tell.
If it was my mistake that that is the purpose then apologies of course.

No problem.

Could you develop what you consider as an “internal dantian training” and so what would be an “external dantian training”?
Baiyuan Laoxian
Santi

Postby Quigga on Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:41 am

Everything, perhaps to avoid confusion, I meant that what was posted by OP works the fascia more directly and vigorously than steady state cardio for example.

Baiyuan: Preparation is wise in almost every endeavor.

It's likely that different people mean different things when talking about opening the middle Dantian.

Also I'd say that he is using Yi Qi regardless of what he's saying. If he got it practiced so well he doesn't need to think about it anymore, doesn't mean that he's using a different mechanism. I believe there isn't a different mechanism in the first place. But that's just my opinion.

Saying that there's no small heavenly circulation circuits and different ones is saying like someone has no arms in my understanding.

Re the gun:

Of course. I never meant to claim otherwise. It's just that when you factor in different stuff in person to person combat, rather than only face to face starting distance with empty hands only, things start to look differently.

So imo a better universal method would be to focus on elusiveness, avoiding damage, reading listening following, being like smoke or water - but without sacrificing power or capacity to cause damage.

I appreciate you posting content. Is the fellow in OP doing Xing Yi? I thought it was Pigua or something.
Quigga

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links