Okinawan Iron Body

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Okinawan Iron Body

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:09 pm

It's a shame if any martial arts enthusiast hasn't watched this gents videos yet :-)

Nice skillful development!

Quigga

Re: Okinawan Iron Body

Postby everything on Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:54 pm

not letting anyone kick my knee if I can help it!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:33 pm

I would avoid it as well, just really interesting to see what flavors and kinds of development are out there in the wild :-) Certainly not unimpressive.
Quigga

Postby Fubo on Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:28 pm

Problem with stuff like the knee kicking is, it can seem like you're not doing much damage at the time, cause you're well conditioned, but injuries/arthritis can really come back to haunt you when you age. I have a bunch of arthritis and chronic injuries that I got from various grappling/wrestling arts, that only revealed themselves after I had stopped training those arts for a while and as I got older. What I like about the internal arts (when trained correctly) is their ability to condition the body without resorting to methods that can give you chronic injuries.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:40 pm

yeah you cannot feel the cartilage damage at first due to no "nerve innervation", but it's accumulating over the years and when you feel something else, the damage has been done.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Although I admire the trained ability to absorb strikes and kicks, I have never been attracted to practicing Iron Shirt, Golden Bell Cover, or other similar methods, as my personal priority is to train and apply the ability to evade and neutralize incoming force and power through movement, rather than to absorb same in a stationary position. ymmv -shrug-
Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:18 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Although I admire the trained ability to absorb strikes and kicks, I have never been attracted to practicing Iron Shirt, Golden Bell Cover, or other similar methods, as my personal priority is to train and apply the ability to evade and neutralize incoming force and power through movement, rather than to absorb same in a stationary position. ymmv -shrug-

I saw this video earlier of, I guess, an Iron Palm guy or something.

had his hand out on a wooden pedestal and was beating it with a hammer. I didn't see a hat out to catch change but that was the general sense I got from the scenery.

Somebody commented, asking what the use of the skill was and all I could reply was that it was good for begging from money from passers-by.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:55 pm

Okinawan Iron Body has an origin in South China MA system so there is a shared foundation in study and background though
OKinawan Iron Body appears to have a more functional utility vs the Chollywood movie representation grounded in street gymnastics
and parlour tricks.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:05 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:15 am

That is extreme!
Last edited by yeniseri on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Video Links