Chi Kung for Health: Pushing a Stone Tablet

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Chi Kung for Health: Pushing a Stone Tablet

Postby Appledog on Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:53 am

origami_itto wrote:Connected with that I expect to have space to host a big RSF meetup in the not too distant future. "Bob" willing and the creek don't rise.

On the subject of your videos again, though. You said these kids are 5th generation lineage holders. Is that by virtue of their skill or birth? Are they your children? Are you the 4th generation lineage holder? Is that a particular type of baji?

Please don't be coy and make me tease it all out question by question, I'm not out to shit on anybody, just curious.

I don't really want to talk about it. I don't see any value in it. But what I will do is show what we do and you can see that. In the future I will post some videos of myself but I want to save it for an instructional or something. As for what it is, there is a great write-up in the book "Wushu among Chinese Moslems" (page 115). If I can come up with a link i'll send it to you, but it is a book I recommend.

Anyways, I do Tai Chi as my main style, but this video shows a form of Chi Kung for health unrelated to Tai Chi or another martial art. However it's very good. Most people who are into Tai Chi for health would be better served to drop it and pick up a comprehensive qigong program. Something unrelated to martial arts. They can often work faster on your health than if health is a secondary concern.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:23 am

I think if you want other people to take what you say seriously you need to post something with yourself because these clips are not high level
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:04 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I think if you want other people to take what you say seriously you need to post something with yourself because these clips are not high level

I think people will take me seriously based on what I say and how I say it. If someone cannot tell if what I am saying is credible then that is okay, they can ask questions. The same for you -- you are almost always right about everything you post and I've never seen a video of you wayne. Nor do I feel I need to.

Anyways -- low level. Yes, the clips are low level. Like you said, sometimes it takes 30 years for the noi gung to kick in. These kids are tomorrow's 50 year olds. High level? Low level? I make these videos for myself, not to get a gold star. I barely have 30 subscribers.

It's done at a level where there are few if any mistakes. I think they are at a level appropriate for the forum, especially as demos of what we do. There are some people who are really good here, like you and doc, and there are some people here who don't even do noi gung. As you yourself say, most videos of high level things get changed or are demonstrated differently -- or not very well. So they are the level appropriate to this forum, don't you think?
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:10 pm

I'm beginning to think maybe you have some physical deformity.
Last edited by origami_itto on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:22 pm

some (many) people here speak as know-it-alls, some speak earnestly, some speak humbly, some speak mysteriously, some maybe all of the above depending on the day, and so on. it does seem a little odd perhaps, that you keep posting your kids or random kids to ask for commentary or make some point, and then people don't have too much commentary or aren't sure of your point.

I don't really care if you post your own video as I'm not sure how we're supposed to talk about the "inside" "nei gong" from these. the "real" stuff gets dismissed as "woo woo" or not understood by the know-it-alls, or explained via an mma or other art explanaation. other stuff like mma gets some helpful comments. that all gets old/boring.

for lack of better comments, how about you tell us some of your key points in posting these kids? i don't really care about their level. maybe it's high. maybe it's low. that's not really the interesting part.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:38 pm

origami_itto wrote:I'm beginning to think maybe you have some physical deformity.

https://i.ibb.co/3zxt2pC/Mi5mCAg.jpg

I've explained why I am not going to post a video many, many times. If you still don't get it, I think your post above is a great example.

If you don't like the videos i post then I'll just stop posting them. Is that what you want?

BTW, I would appreciate it if you didn't post images with balls in them in a chi kung for health video featuring kids. Maybe you could edit it to remove the image auto-display like I did? Thanks.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:56 pm

Far be it from me to tell you what to post and not to post. Just asking for more information about the content and possibly a guest appearance from someone who can do the exercises well.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:10 pm

origami_itto wrote:Far be it from me to tell you what to post and not to post. Just asking for more information about the content and possibly a guest appearance from someone who can do the exercises well.

Maybe the channel is about them and their future and I am not a very important person. Just the cameraman. It is better for them to start now, if they like it, than at my age.

origami_itto wrote:On the subject of your videos again, though. You said these kids are 5th generation lineage holders. Is that by virtue of their skill or birth? Are they your children? Are you the 4th generation lineage holder? Is that a particular type of baji?

It's by virtue of the fact they train 3 to 4 hours every day and they seem to want to pursue it. We get up at 4am and grab a water bottle, eat a short breakfast, either a bowl of cereal or we just pick up a pei gan dan man tou (man tou jia dan, jia pei gan) on the way. By the time we get to the park there are already a few people there but usually we are the first. Most groups come and go while we are there. Around about 7:30 or 8am we head home, but sometimes earlier especially in the hot summer. Sometimes we get an ice cream on the way home if they have been good.

I asked them if they like to practice kungfu like this. They said yes, it's fun but what they don't like is to go out in the hot hot summer or cold cold winter. I don't mind the winter much, being Canadian. But the hot summers here are a problem even for me. During those times it is more difficult, but even though I am less used to the hot weather than they are, I truly enjoy spending this time with them. We have had so many amazing adventures... Such great times together :)
Last edited by Appledog on Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:57 am

Well I'm glad you're having a good time with the family, that's what's most important.

Thank you for sharing.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links