BJJ only works if you play along with it.

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: BJJ only works if you play along with it.

Postby GrahamB on Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:37 pm

everything wrote:it's good to all beat up on the same strawman for a change. instead of everyone beating up everyone else's supposed misconstrued strawman.

It's because RSF only works.... if you play along with it.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Kong Bao Long on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:11 pm

I've seen this debate play out too many times ... It's so easy to eat the cornbread of a particular style... especially if it's popular.

There are powerful detractors when understanding the Effectual truth of violence. Effectual truth is a modern philosophy term referring to the "actual truth" of the subject/situation. Not what we perceive, not what we want it to be, nor succumbing to BS "logical fallacy."

Effectual truth: No#1 Criminals who act alone there is a a high percentage they employ a force multiplier (i.e a weapon)
Effectual truth: No#2 Criminals who don't act alone employ numbers (strength in numbers) and also use weapons.

99% of the internet 30 sec highlight reals, where martial artist XYZ sprays his/her can of whoopass on the autistic drunk fat tard outside a 7 Eleven, are not life threating. 99% of competent martial artist, regardless of style, would and could dispatch a fat drunk tard. I'll also state my conviction... Is someone really in danger in a school yard situation? (Anywhere ... e.g, outside a Bar, in a Mall, and a sporting event, surrounded by dozens of spectators, usually with their cell phones out recording? Let's be real.... 99% of these are face saving ventures. (often the real violence happens after the loss of face... away from the school yard. Correct?

I personally think... any disciple that doesn't teach the ability to fight and retrograde at the same time is of lesser value when compared to arts that do.

Notice I never cited a martial art .. How and what people train... each to their own.

One should not ignore Effectual truth's No# 1 & 2... and misconstrue a style effectiveness in a none lethal scenario/environment as being something more that "Just another martial art/discipline"

In all reality.. 99% of us train for a fight we will never have perusing the discipline for comradely, heath... hobby etc etc
Last edited by Kong Bao Long on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop "Kong ZI
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:21 pm

Sea.Wolf.Forge wrote:Let me Coles Notes this for you -
"I, Jesse Encamp, a lifelong practitioner and instructor of karate, entered a BJJ tournament as a white belt against someone who has less than 18 months experience in combat sports, he was unable to take me down or submit me and therefore BJJ doesn't work.

If he had any integrity at all he would have entered at blue/purple/brown/black belt with people of equivalent experience in combatives, or entered an open No-Gi tournament where the standard of wrestling is higher. Shit, he could have just as easily entered a Judo tournament under the same premise gotten thrown a mile and then choked for his trouble.

This is the martial arts equivalent of TTRPG's "I roll to disbelieve."

He's going to poke a hornets nest with this and the fanboys will love/hate him for it. He's objectively wrong, but hey, clicks on social media amirite?
jesse enkamp runs a martial arts school that teach karate, thai boxing and BJJ, he runs it together with his brother who is a MMA competitor.
i think the work Jesse puts up on the web is done so on the lighter side.
Trick
Huajing

Postby yeniseri on Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:39 am

Encamp's case (N=1) is only a reflection of his own hypothesis and nothing more.
BJJ has been "pressure tested" by its many exponents and has been successful. And I am not talking about taking 6 months of BJJ and
you are suddenly an expert. I am aware that many of its principle and concepts have been incorporated in the MCMAP (USMC) but it
has never made anyone invincible though it has withstood any onslaught to this day

anyone see a shuaijiao element in the leg technique 0.56.0.58 (it happens that fast ;D )
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links