Tai Chi vs. Marching

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Tai Chi vs. Marching

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:48 pm

origami_itto wrote:
Miyamoto Musashi wrote:In olden times strategy was listed among the Ten Abilities and Seven Arts as
a beneficial practice. It was certainly an art but as a beneficial practice it was not limited to sword-fencing. The true value of sword-fencing cannot be seen within the confines of sword-fencing technique.

If we look at the world we see arts for sale. Men use equipment to sell their own selves. As if with the nut and the flower, the nut has become less than the
flower. In this kind of Way of strategy, both those teaching and those learning the way are concerned with colouring and showing off their technique, trying
to hasten the bloom of the flower. They speak of "This Dojo" and "That Dojo". They are looking for profit. Someone once said "Immature strategy is the cause of grief". That was a true saying.

Musashi was certainly good at english :)
I don't think that the word ”Dojo” was used much back in M.Musashis days, he was certainly foresighted in that too, part of his mastery of strategy ;)

yes i pointed out previously here how musashi saw the commones in art and the sword, and sure i dont dissagre with him...........But ”Bingfa” does not translate ”art”.

the first english translation of Bingfa was done in 1905 by an english military man in Tokyo, but it was critizised by an scholar named Giles(the very same ?:))who published his translation in 1910, the translation that is still in use today.
Trick
Huajing

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:10 am

Trick wrote:Musashi was certainly good at english :)

This wry observation underscores the moot nature of the entire conversation.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:01 pm

origami_itto wrote:

i hope this is not because we lost some push-hands exchange recently - cheer up, i put a smiley there suggesting a little joke, and the full context from where you quoted me i did say i agree with M.M .
Trick
Huajing

Postby origami_itto on Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:55 am

Trick wrote:
origami_itto wrote:

i hope this is not because we lost some push-hands exchange recently - cheer up, i put a smiley there suggesting a little joke, and the full context from where you quoted me i did say i agree with M.M .

HAHAHA no, I'm a little moody sometimes but not sad :D

Just a joke in response, we're quibbling on the nuance of the definition of a word twice or thrice translated.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:13 pm

yes, and the ”word” only came wanting to be the focus on page three, not really the topic of the thread.

edit - haha, page two it should be, just show how quick things spin far out
Last edited by Trick on Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick
Huajing

Previous

Return to Video Links