Three forms combination.

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Three forms combination.

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:32 am

I think you are being a bit hard on him
It is just a demo that’s why he is combining the forms
I never heard the second fast form called the Fajing form until recently
I agree with everything you are saying about Fajing
Most people are just doing Kime like karate
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:16 am

wayne hansen wrote:Capable and certified two different animals
So how many hours have you spent face to face with him
Not on zoom and just you alone
Good to know seeing you mentioned certification

Frankly, Wayne, it's none of your business.

Have a day.

EDIT:
I just want to add that I only mentioned my connection with Alex to help people find his material. It is extremely valuable content. I've gotten a tremendous amount of value out of it, it's accessible. As far as I can tell, he's the family member teaching that's most fluent in English with a strong connection to the traditional training. Combined with his written material and accessibility, if you're into authentic Taijiquan he's one of the best resources you can hope to come across.

If you recall a few years back, Wayne, when I started talking to him, I offered to make an introduction for you. You could share your concerns and ideas about what he's doing directly. Who knows, maybe you could even have him out for a workshop and see for yourself.

Instead you're just obsessed with shutting me down. Go for it, Wayne, I'm a bell. Keep ringing me. At this point, honestly, Wayne... I wouldn't feel comfortable introducing you to anybody. You're a self-aggrandizing, gate keeping dick that is basically a caricature of all the negative stereotypes people have of Westerners who study Chinese martial arts.

If he thinks that what I'm doing is worth passing on, that is what matters, not the opinion of some angry Ozzy who doesn't even have the gumption to show his face or art in public.

I've been working on the simplified form for two and half years to become proficient enough for me to feel comfortable with sharing it. You'll see it when I'm certified and you can talk as much shit as you like then.

I talk to and am friendly with a lot of people who's name you would recognize. Some of which I've even seen you say good things about. Many of which you've trashed. I don't name drop or brag because who cares. I'm sure we can all list the famous or noteworthy people we interact with. You do all the time.

I brought you up to a couple. They didn't know who you were. I referred them to your YouTube channel they thought it was a very nice effort.

Thanks for saving Tai Chi, Wayne.

P.S. This is the form I'm working on. Here he is presenting it in 2017 at the Dong family gathering.

Last edited by origami_itto on Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:20 am

Trick wrote:Three forms in one ? Beginners, intermediate and advanced in one ? Perfect for the fast phased internet world ?

This is just something he does for demos. The context here is a gathering of well known Taijiquan teachers from all over Thailand at their yearly gathering. The gathering is usually in February but when they learned that Master Alex was going to be leading a ten day seminar at the end of January they rescheduled it so that he and the 20 or so American students could participate.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:37 am

Fajin? Fajin is not something happening at the end of the limb, it's something happening inside of the body. Fajin means that jin is released, in Tai Chi we use "neijjin", internal jin. When we fa, what comes out is from within. If it doesn't, it's not Tai Chi. If it's only an external movement, it's not Tai Chi.

This from Lü Baochun is the best explanation I've heard and the best demonstration I've seen so far. Remember that he has had famous teachers from both Yang and Chen, Wei Shuren and Feng Zhiqiang.
(The sound is low though, so turn it on loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUg-sWYPaY0

origami_itto wrote:P.S. This is the form I'm working on. Here he is presenting it in 2017 at the Dong family gathering.

Sorry, I said that I should STFU, but this video shows some faults. Maybe you should at least learn from someone else how to keep the head balanced? If he didn’t call himself "master" I wouldn’t complain, but I would expect a "master" to not tilt and raise his head all of the time, collapsing his whole structure. If you don't know how to keep your head balanced, your whole structure has no balance = no zhongding. I sincerely hope he has improved these last 5 years.

I rarely nag on "common" practitioners, but when someone calls himself "master" I expect a high standard.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:04 am

I think claiming certification on this site opens the question of what is involved
I take that you saying it is none of my business that the amount of training is next to zero
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:35 am

wayne hansen wrote:I take that you saying it is none of my business that the amount of training is next to zero

Sounds interesting to follow up and reflect on. But I am sorry, I have a little bit hard to understand what you mean and who you addressed.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:50 am

I was addressing Itto who offered to teach me when he gets certified
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:35 pm

Bao wrote:Fajin? Fajin is not something happening at the end of the limb, it's something happening inside of the body. Fajin means that jin is released, in Tai Chi we use "neijjin", internal jin. When we fa, what comes out is from within. If it doesn't, it's not Tai Chi. If it's only an external movement, it's not Tai Chi.

This from Lü Baochun is the best explanation I've heard and the best demonstration I've seen so far. Remember that he has had famous teachers from both Yang and Chen, Wei Shuren and Feng Zhiqiang.
(The sound is low though, so turn it on loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUg-sWYPaY0

Fajin explained by someone who cannot actually Fajin. Lmao

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:58 pm

I’m afraid I miss his point
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:39 pm

Taiji fajin is effortless not at all the way we often see in for example Chen family boxing forms performance,such hard fajin is focused on clashing, Taiji fajin comes from blending so to redirect an incoming clashing force into it self, obviously easier said than done, that’s why most Taiji players who want show off combat power rather choose the external hard way to practice KAPOW
Trick
Huajing

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:23 pm

I get that he’s saying it’s internal and not obvious
That’s just words I don’t get what he is trying to show
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 pm

Trick wrote:Taiji fajin is effortless not at all the way we often see in for example Chen family boxing forms performance,such hard fajin is focused on clashing, Taiji fajin comes from blending so to redirect an incoming clashing force into it self, obviously easier said than done, that’s why most Taiji players who want show off combat power rather choose the external hard way to practice KAPOW

Chen Xiao Wang told me that there’s a huge misunderstanding of what Fajin is. Actual Fajin comes from what I described in my post. It uses ‘Xiong Yao Zhedie’ Chest and waist spring’ (the movement of lumbar and thoracic spine like I mentioned. And ‘Zhuanhuan’ Turning Torquing (using one half of your Transverse Abdominal Muscle to turn your waist, and direct the explosive wave towards your right or left side.
He thinks that sometime in the late 1800s early 1900s that outside observers witnessed people being seemingly and almost magically lifted up and tossed out during pushhands. This is called ‘Ti Fang’ Lift Throw. In a northern Chinese dialect Fang can sound similar to Fajin. And he thinks that might be where the misunderstanding of what Fajin is.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:40 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I think claiming certification on this site opens the question of what is involved
I take that you saying it is none of my business that the amount of training is next to zero

Why can't this just be about people sharing and learning together? It doesn't have to be perfect.

Earlier you mentioned that a video I posted showed violations of the Tai Chi principles. I had to smile, because the video represented a style of qigong that had different requirements than Tai Chi.

Maybe we should all remember the first lesson... Relax!

Origami, if you are worried that someone will attack you because your form isn't perfect I wouldn't worry about it. I think it is interesting to see different approaches to the forms.

As for Lu Baochun's form, there is something interesting I noticed about it, which I would like to ask you about sometime.
Last edited by Appledog on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Bao on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:58 am

D_Glenn wrote:Fajin explained by someone who cannot actually Fajin. Lmao

Your clip is 2 minutes long. What's your point?

D_Glenn wrote:Chen Xiao Wang told me that there’s a huge misunderstanding of what Fajin is. Actual Fajin comes from what I described in my post. It uses ‘Xiong Yao Zhedie’ Chest and waist spring’ (the movement of lumbar and thoracic spine like I mentioned. And ‘Zhuanhuan’ Turning Torquing (using one half of your Transverse Abdominal Muscle to turn your waist, and direct the explosive wave towards your right or left side.

I have never cared very much about what Chen Xiaowang says. From an external POV, his description is correct. But there is where his understanding ends, on the surface and the shallow. What he calls and teach as "fajin" is mostly regarded as a beginner's coordination exercise by masters in other styles. What CXW's fajin includes is external jin only, not neijin.

I understand why you like him though, as you judge by judging the surface only.

He thinks that sometime in the late 1800s early 1900s that outside observers witnessed people being seemingly and almost magically lifted up and tossed out during pushhands. This is called ‘Ti Fang’ Lift Throw. In a northern Chinese dialect Fang can sound similar to Fajin. And he thinks that might be where the misunderstanding of what Fajin is.

Tifang means "lift and let go" or "Lift and place". No "fajin" is necessary to place someone far if you add your mass to his own movement (The principle of the Galilean cannon). However, in older Tai Chi texts, sometimes Tifang is used instead of "fajin". But when used as such, the general understanding is to "fa" your opponents "jin", to use his power and not your own. In China a concept or term can mean different things. What jin to fa and how? It depends on your art/style, your level and understanding.
Last edited by Bao on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:25 am

Appledog wrote:Origami, if you are worried that someone will attack you because your form isn't perfect I wouldn't worry about it. I think it is interesting to see different approaches to the forms.

I'm not worried about anything, obviously, I'm just so tired of the self appointed gatekeepers with nothing to offer but negativity. I don't want to share the form until I am sure that I'm doing it as well as I can do it. Every time I record a clip I am unsatisfied. This is the third "Main form" I've learned in Taijiquan and I've been working on it for nearly three years. Need to put a cap on it and move to the second form but I'm feeling like a perfectionist.

almost nothing

Not enough, definitely. Some of us have jobs to work and families to raise and can't spend all of our free time and money following kung fu teachers around the globe all year.

But going further.

I get it, old man, you have nothing to share but contempt. Go comb your mullet and take a nap. None of your business means none of your business. I already regret exposing as much as I have of my relationship to your derision and lack of respect. I have nothing more to offer for your insult.

You seem to still be laboring under the delusion that I care about anything you have to offer. Let me disabuse you of that notion. I'm simply growing tired of your nonsense. Any respect I might have once had for you or your art has been systematically eradicated by your incuriosity, insecurity, and poor manners.

And it isn't just about me, it's about some kind of deadly Australian kung fu master, that nobody has heard of, seemingly has endless time to not share any work but just go all over facebook and rsf and talk shit about anyone and everyone who is an actual living practitioner trying to do something with their art.

And then claims they're doing it to "save tai chi".

Save from who? Anyone being interested in learning it? Why would they? So some geriatric dickhead can just shit all over their enthusiasm?

I mean, I'm unstoppable, but what about all those potential students who run across your bullshit and are like "You know what... I'm better off with yoga, these guys are dumb"

Jake Mace might suck, but damn at least he's putting out content with a smile on his face. That's what draws students, content and personality; without either all you're doing is killing Tai Chi.

Leave me alone.

-deadhorse-
Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links