What is a Master

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: What is a Master

Postby Bao on Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 am

Americano is just espresso with hot water. I usually drink Americano instead of "normal" coffee, or brew coffee using Espresso beans. A small sized coffee cup or small glass for one shot is fine for an Americano. Too much water will spoil it, but if the balance is kept I prefer an Americano before brewed coffee by far.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 am

All of the Chinese masters who trained me were conneseurs of fine food and drinks, including gourmet coffee and teas, fine wines and liqueurs, and Johnny Walker Red. ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

Doc Stier wrote:All of the Chinese masters who trained me were conneseurs of fine food and drinks, including gourmet coffee and teas, fine wines and liqueurs, and Johnny Walker Red. ;D

Good kung fu needs good fuel.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 am

Doc Stier wrote:All of the Chinese masters who trained me were conneseurs of fine food and drinks, including gourmet coffee and teas, fine wines and liqueurs, and Johnny Walker Red. ;D

The masters here in China seem not at all that into coffee, but yes conneseurs of fine food an drinks but foremost Chinese food and drinks, Chinese spirits often hold a higher alcohol level and since it’s the student that treat it’s of course all the finest foods and strongest drinks that the teacher like that is found on the table :)
Trick
Huajing

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:37 am

By " gourmet coffee and teas, fine wines and liqueurs, and Johnny Walker Red" they chose the healthy path... Chinese baijiu is too strong, shouldn't drink too often and always have it in connection with meals. It can mess with your body, the liver especially. In China, having a thing for western alcoholic beverages can be a lifesaver.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links