Kimbo on primetime...watch it while you can

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kimbo on primetime...watch it while you can

Postby CaliG on Sat May 31, 2008 11:16 pm

Last edited by CaliG on Sat May 31, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Re: Kimbo on primetime...watch it while you can

Postby TaoJoannes on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:46 am

I can't believe he just sat there, eating elbows for a hot minute, then got up and split homeboy's ear. That's just a tough mother right there.

I'm tempted to suspect that the fight may have been mildly fixed, though, they stopped it way too soon, but that was sort of par for the course for the night from what I could tell.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby ilove_thistuff on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 am

Looks like kimbo could have gotten beat if they didnt stop the fight...i could believe that it was mildly fixed like you say because they were using kimbo as one of their ratings getters for primetime...they know theres tons of people who hate him and want to see him get beat so why ruin that so soon when they can still get a few more fights out of him and make some monayyyyy! Kimbo kinda had that look like he had when he was fighting the mixed martial artist cop guy and his endurance was starting to wane. He was humble at the end so that was cool to see that side of him. As far as him ever getting beat...well his neck is so thick and he's got such a strong jaw i dont think anybody is gonna knock kimbo out.
Last edited by ilove_thistuff on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ilove_thistuff
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:38 am

I think it was stopped because the guy was quite clearly unable to protect himself anymore, and a good punch from someone like Kimbo in a state like that would cause some serious damage. Don't believe it was "fixed", I think it was a good call on the judge. Given that CBS/primetime has already gone this far in showing violent fighting with real blood and all that (counter WWF, etc.), it wouldn't have been a very good thing if that guy left the ring in a stretcher and ended up with brain damage. FWIW
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:28 am

no doubt...does no one remember the eye of the guy from the first vid that made him famous.

Kimbo is a powerful man.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:39 am

What I want to know is why anyone would let their ear get that messed up to begin with and then enter a fight with that "alien growth" as one announcer called it.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby CaliG on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:58 am

They stop the fights in EFC and in Pride when they see that a fighter is close to being KOed.

Considering that today there are still boxers that die as a result of a bout I have no objections to a fight ending by ref's decision.

I suppose this makes it easier for strikers but I believe the ref is there to protect the fighters and that's more important than the event.

Also the EFC doesn't like blood.
Last edited by CaliG on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby beegs on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:43 pm

kimbo should have been beaten , the guy had many times he could have mounted kimbo,from like 3'24 on down in the second clip, yet kept a lame crossbody any descent bjj guy would have mounted several times and that could have been it. As for the stoppage, it was good, the dude was rocked, but that dude did a great job fighting kimbo i was pissed he didnt use better judgement on the ground. kimbo was spent also
Last edited by beegs on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beegs
Great Old One

Postby ilove_thistuff on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:43 pm

yeah when he was in the a cross body and beatin the hell out of kimbo's head. you would have thought that maybe they'd stop the fight then because he was pounding away like kimbo was a training bag on the ground, even using elbows. On the stand up kimbo had that guys number though. I agree with you beegs about the better judgement on the ground, that was disapointing.
ilove_thistuff
Anjing

Postby CaliG on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:44 am

The moral of the story...if you're going to grapple wear headgear.
CaliG

Postby Dmitri on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 am

CaliG wrote:The moral of the story...if you're going to grapple wear headgear.

...or tap early (when in training), instead of being a big macho man and trying to force yourself through some crazy improbable escape. :)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:29 am

ilove_thistuff wrote:yeah when he was in the a cross body and beatin the hell out of kimbo's head. you would have thought that maybe they'd stop the fight then because he was pounding away like kimbo was a training bag on the ground, even using elbows. On the stand up kimbo had that guys number though. I agree with you beegs about the better judgement on the ground, that was disapointing.

Kimbo kept his head too close to dudes body to take any significant damage. Honestly looked to me like he was getting a breather.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Return to Video Links